Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I totally messed up my liquid diet...

I went 9 days straight without cheating one bit and then boom I totally mess it up. Now I didn’t over do it, but either way I did eat on Friday a whopper Jr.

Saturday I got terrible news that a dear friend of only 31 years of age passed away of a massive heart attack and I ate a handful of chicken and 1 beef taco.

Sunday was the wake and after I ate a small mash potato and Monday too, and today I ate a cup of beef with rice.

I’m schedule for surgery this Thursday. Did I mess myself up?

Please, any help… :sad_smile:

No, you are fine. Just mention it the next time you see your doc.

Don't eat anymore solids!

We don't want you to check in for surgery and then your doc says to reschedule because you have solids in your digestive system.

But many docs only prescribe a liquid diet for a day, even two and three days. So, it's not time to panic...just don't eat...drink!

as long as u have liquids the ay before and the phosphates soda you are fine. I pigged out all before that and i am fine now after the surgery.

Oh my gosh! You want me to tell them I cheated? Guess I better, huhL

I won’t eat anymore solids, promise!!!

I’m pretty sure that between everything solid that I’ve had it measures up to 1 full meal. Not that I’m making excuses, but just wanted you to know.

I'm staying on liquids until I go under the knief on Thursday. I WILL HAVE TO TRY MY HARDEST TO BE GOOD. I'm just so hunry. These shakes are making me so sick. I hate them!!!

Come on now Ladyinred! Please do this for yourself. I heard that the reason why they put you on a liquid diet pre-surgery is so that your liver will shrink a bit. This makes your band surgery safer.

The band isn't magic we all have to have some self-control.

I think on my pre-band liquid diet I could have sugar free popsicles and sugar free fudgsicles. Believe me when I tell you they got me through it, and now I'm a sugar free popsicle addict! I go through a box in a few days. Thank goodness they're only 20 calories each.

So, go get some popsicles and do the right thing for you, your band, and your commitment to losing this burdensome excess weight.

Sorry it's preachy, but seems like you need it.

Sue

I was on the pre op diet for 8 days with the optima slim fast shakes and i called my doctor and they put my suregery off for 5 more days. They said my liver may not have shrunk enough and i might have to pay to do the surgery again. I hate these low carb slim fast shakes but i am sticking to it because i am self pay and cannot afford for them to have to redo the surgery. I would call the doctor and make sure about your diet.

It is hard. I'm on day 7 of a 14-day liquid diet and I am starving! I thought it would get easier after the first two days but it's getting harder. But I haven't cheated and won't because the stakes are just too high!

I too like the sugar-free popsicles and am allowed three SF fudgsicles a day. Trust me I eat them! I also save the majority of my calories for the evening. I am starving by 6 pm, but a couple servings of cottage cheese and my 6 oz of Soup (although I screwed up and ate 8 oz a couple times because I forgot it was 6 - think I'll survive it though) plus my 3 fudgsicles fills me up nicely and gets my mind off food until about noon the next day.

Do tell your doctor. I'm not sure I could stay on track if someone I cared about passed away unexpectedly and they will understand. Also, if you are really good the four days before - maybe just Clear Liquids - you might still have good results. But either way, the surgeon needs to be informed in order to make the best decisions for you.

Now, if you will excuse me I need to go chew an arm off. Self-cannibalization has no calories you know. Just like broken Cookies where the calories leak out.....

I am from the UK. I am allowed to eat a small amount pre op. As long as it's following my diet sheet I am allowed to eat.

Great job on the weight loss. I have only lost about 7 lbs but am hoping by next tuesday i will be down at least 12 lbs. I really am excited for everyone. This is a very hard decision and a life long commitment. I cant wait until the 1st. I also love the popsicles but am not allowed the fudgsicles. We can only have 4 slim fast low carbs and 1 low carb yogurt. Anything sugar free to drink as long as it is not carbonated or caffenated. I am only getting about 900 calories a day and only 11 grams of carbs, & 80 grams of Protein. I am very tired and weak. All i want to do is sleep so i dont think of food. But i have a family so this is not an option.

I feel really bad that you went off your liquids but come on, you suffered a great loss and I can understand. I'm very sorry for your loss.I feel bad for the people who criticized you, and if you notice, they are all way into their weight loss journey, with 100+ lbs lost. Try to remember, what it was like at the beginning,people!

I am in the same boat as you. I am only in my 2nd day of liquids and with fighting my insurance company to get the final OK- on the phone for two days back and forth now- feeding my husband and children their meals and I am so used to using food to sooth every emotion I feel, you are not so bad!!!!!! I hope and pray I can make it! Maybe we can help each other. Take it easy on yourself! We are never as understanding with ourselves as some other people are and congradulate yourself for coming this far! Tell the DR and see what happens. Good Luck!!!!

Oh my gosh! You want me to tell them I cheated? Guess I better, huhL

I won’t eat anymore solids, promise!!!

I’m pretty sure that between everything solid that I’ve had it measures up to 1 full meal. Not that I’m making excuses, but just wanted you to know.

hahaha, when you tell your doc...expect a lecture.

But know this- doctors know people can't diet, or even stick to a special diet....thus the lapband...right?

So, it will come as no surprise to him. But do what the others said...just get your digestive system cleared prior to surgery.

I cheated on my pre-op. I think I had 3 days of liquids...but day 1 I cracked...big time. But day 2 and 3 were fine.

Ladyinred66,

Thanks for sharing…all of you, Thanks.

I can identify with the cheating. I don’t feel so alone, not that makes it right, just accountable and that what I need. “To be held accountable” for my actions.