Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Liz, I was banded on Friday 613. So far so good. My starting weight was 346 when i saw Dr. Hawasli 3 weeks befroe preop diet. I did 2 weeks of liquid before the surgery and on day of surgery was 319. I am 1 week and 2 days post op and have not weighed myself. So far so good. Dr. told me 3 weeks of Liquid Protein than start pureee........can hardly wait. I have to say I have not had an appetite at all, and am still having a hard time getting in 5 protien drinks plus Water every day. Can't wait to see Dr. on June 26 and get back to work.

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know a bit about me! I wish everyone continued success!:ohmy:

I did not feel hungry until I started eating real food. I also had problems getting in all my protien and liquid. I think I was just very cautious to begin with.

Good Luck!!!

Hi Liz,

my name is Mel and I have surgery on July 11th, was wondering about you not returning to work till the 26th, is that your choice or the doctors? I was under the impression I was able to go back to work on Monday?:ohmy: hope you dont mind the question.

good luck!

Hi Mariliz,

We are band sisters! (also banded June 13th) I don't have an appetite yet either. I only have to be on liquids 2 weeks and then start "mushies". As I get more active and don't just lay around I'm finding it increasingly harder to get all the Protein and Water in also. I haven't been off this long since I started my job 30 years ago and I'm catching up on years of housework! I'm even going to organize my CD collection--now THAT'S bored!:lol:

ps you lost 30 pounds in two weeks?? Phenomenal!!!!:grouphug:

Good Luck, your response makes me excited for myself. My surgery date is 07/03 and the same weight. Hope I do as well as you are doing.

Hello Liz,

I sounds like you are doing great! I still have a way to go before I get to surgery. I have been to 2 different seminars at 2 different hospitals, with 2 different doctors. I have decided on which MD I would like, and have just completed some paper work for them. I have an appointment with my pcp on July 1 so that she can write a letter for my insurance saying that I medically need this surgery. It is hard to believe the hoops you have to jump thru to get to your point Liz. I am proud of you!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Hi Mel,

Guess all docs are different. Wish it was my choice! I am bored to death here at home but glad i am not working yet!

Hey!

Another banded sister! Love it! It is so nice to have this forum! I cant believe how much I read here just to ease my mind! Like you I have not been off work this long either! I can't wait to go back to work on monday! Think that will be easier for me to get all my protien in! Looking forward to mushies!!