Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 days post op and finding baby food really does suck. I'm doing okay with the cream Soups and apple sauce but when I go to eat my veggies and other fruits I have been turning to Gerber. I think I'll break down and use the food processor to make my own.

I'm experiencing that restrictive feeling I keep reading about from so many of you in here. It makes me want to go take an antacid but I know that will not really help.

When does the pain in my shoulder go away? It's killing me.

Down 8 pounds since the surgery this morning -- so it's ALL worth it. :ohmy:

I never even tried the baby food...just had no desire. I ate a lot of Tomato Soup..you might also try V8 or the V8 splash (doesn't that one have fruit). I mainly worried about getting my Protein in.

The pain in your shoulder should get better each day. It took me about 4 to 6 weeks to really be feeling great again, but the good thing is that it gets better a little at a time.

Someone told me that the apples and plums are very good. I haven't tried them yet, but I did try the bananas and cream and it was nasty, but then I don't bananas so...Custard back in the day was great, but I couldn't find any.

I have a ten month old, and i have tasted just about everything that he eats. Sweet potatoes arent that bad...stay away from the off brads though, you can definitly tell a diffrencce between gerber and the off brand. So i would make the leap and spend the extra 20 cent and get gerber for sure....

Baby food meats are the worst! I swear they smell and taste like cat food (not that I ever tasted cat food). When I first tried these, I said "People ought to be arrested for child abuse for feeding their babies this cra*". LOL

lol being a mom of 3 I remember how bad most baby foods are or at least used to be. At least now they have stages foods which they didnt have when my oldest was a baby.

I never used baby foods that much only for times when we were out and about I kept a few assorted jars in the diaperbag. For emergencys and for those times when really pressed for time. For the most part just blenderized the kids foods myself. They ate them much better that way.

Manufacturers of baby foods often put nothing else in them and they can be really bland. Cause sometimes babys can't handle all the spices we get used to. But some of the Desserts used to be pretty good.

if you blend your own get a good brand of chicken or beef stock/broth. And keep it in the fridge and some apple or orange juice and you can belenderize anything. Just add a bit of broth or juice if needed to thin it.

Adding a touch of various spices helps too. While you might wanna avoid salt, adding just about any other spices you like will help with the blandness.

Hey Christine,

I'm jealous, I'm 6 days out of surgery and have to be on liquids for two weeks!! How'd u get so lucky to get baby food or processed foods? Every doctor seems to have their own diet, it's irritating because I would kill for something even if it was pureed!! Best of luck you girl!!

Darie

I am 4 days post op and finding baby food really does suck. I'm doing okay with the cream Soups and apple sauce but when I go to eat my veggies and other fruits I have been turning to Gerber. I think I'll break down and use the food processor to make my own.

I'm experiencing that restrictive feeling I keep reading about from so many of you in here. It makes me want to go take an antacid but I know that will not really help.

When does the pain in my shoulder go away? It's killing me.

Down 8 pounds since the surgery this morning -- so it's ALL worth it. :ohmy:

awww hell naw...lol.. I will drink straight.. gas filled slim fast before i will eat baby food... plz dont make me gag... when my mom was alive when my son was going to the first stage of baby food she would tell me to put some on my lip to see if it was too hot for him and i would gag if i made a mistake and swollowed some of that crap... OMGOODNESS I don't see how i ate that crap when i was a baby.. i felt like going to add some addt. seasoning in it... lol... uhhh no..

The chicken and veggies isn't bad if you add lots of garlic powder to it--my answer to everything!

There is a Tomato Soup called Campbell's select in a gold box called Tomato and Basil that has loads of garlic in it and it's delish!

Oh Golly, are you MAD? Lol, I wouldnt even feed my babies that stuff.

Make your own, it will taste sooooo much better.