Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the rudest thing someone has said to you?!?!

We all suffer through such hurtful words being thrown at us....sad, but true

I have been heavy my whole life, my mother put me only first diet when i was six or seven.

Does anyone remember when they had "chubby"size in kids clothes? Well,that was my size and my siblings ever let me hear the end of that. An entire lifetime of hurtful words. It's hard to narrow it down to just a few moments, but let me try.

1. The first Christmas that my husband and I were married, his family gave me a gift certificate for Weight Watchers. At that time, I was only about 150 lbs. Not only did they have each person open their special present individually, everyone was welcome to make comments on the gift. I opened the envelope and was so shocked. When I quickly put the "special gift" away, they all wanted to know why...shame piled on shame.

2. About five years ago, before I started my band journey, I was very committed to exercise and my diet. I had dropped about. 35 pounds and was feeling pretty good about myself. I was in the cafe at the gym, when I overheard a man say to his wife "If you ever get that fat and out of shape, I will divorce you". He was talking about me and I could hear him clearly. Of course, I showed him! I ended up quitting working out and put back on the 35 pounds, plus added another 15.

I have three kids, and many times over the years I was the fattest mom in the classroom. I vowed to myself that I would be a better Mom and get myself healthy. I was banded in July 2010 and have learned to silence the mean people, at least I try not to listen anymore.

You know, I’ve gotten some pretty rude things over my lifetime. Everything from, “You have such a pretty face,” to, “To have sex with her, you’d have to roll her in flour and go for the wet spot.” (Personal “fav” of mine, told to me when I was 10 by my sister’s then boyfriend).

But I must say the most hurtful thing I have been getting lately is by my in-laws. On several occasions, different in-laws have made comments to me about how they have recently lost weight and how they did it. These comments are made completely out of the blue and with no provocation. I don’t ask for their advice and don’t want it. For some reason, just because I’m fat, they think I need their advice. I just want to say to them, “Listen here bozo, I’ve been fat nearly all my life…if anyone knows how to lose weight, it’s me! Come back and tell me how your weight loss is going in six months when you’ve gained it all back!” Grr…really makes me mad.

My old time favorite.. when are you due? Or when my mom tells me .. you should look into the lap band thing.

I once had a co-worker tell me that I only hired fat people to make myself feel better. I still just shake my head at some people's stupidity. :)

I have Two of them that happened very recently

1. My Husbands uncle asked me out of no where: how Did? you get so big? I quickly replied to home because of jerks like you......

2. Today Halloween I was dressed up at work as a kitty cat, and one of my coworkers yelled across the shop hey she should have been a PUMPKIN!!!

I sure hope this time will pass....

Well I had a mate tell me we would be more romantic if I was not so fat it hurt me...I felt like if u had not got me prego I would not be fat. Sometimes people say stuff it hurts but I know just who I am. I only packed on more weight because the baby died and I was sad...so I ate. But its ok I love myself :) I will learn to eat better.

Well I had a mate tell me we would be more romantic if I was not so fat it hurt me...I felt like if u had not got me prego I would not be fat. Sometimes people say stuff it hurts but I know just who I am. I only packed on more weight because the baby died and I was sad...so I ate. But its ok I love myself :) I will learn to eat better.

I have heard some horrible things, but now that I am BELOW my goal weight, I can just smile at them as they talk about the diets they are on and how much weight THEY need to lose. One of the hardest things is Loving yourself!

A coworker said to me "how did you let yourself get like this?."

What do you say to a comment like that..??

My aunt had went with me to the dietitian class before surgery and after the class was over she tells me "this will never work for you, it's not for people like you."

You never get comments like that out of your head..

Well, I've had quite a few embarrassing moments. But one sticks out in particular in my memory. I went to a restaurant with my family (which is always stressful for me). The waitress approached the table and did a double-take when she saw me, which was pretty awful.

After that, we went around the table and we all placed our orders. Later in the evening, I looked over to the server's station and saw our waitress whispering something to one of her co-workers and they both looked at me and burst into laughter. I could feel my face turn red.

Uplifting story, right? lol

Like everyone I have had my share of nasty comments but the most hurtfull was when I went back east to see my Mom who I had not seen in 3 years. Her Very FIRST words to me were (not hello' date=' not i have missed you but) BOY DID YOU GET FAT AGAIN.[/quote']

Ah mothers! Mine said after not seeing her for 1 year " I thought you said you lost weight" not hello, not I've missed you, not a hug, just those words. I had " ballooned" up to 175 and had gotten back down to 150 ( I'm 5,8")

So when I started a new job 2 years ago there was a guy there that i hadn't seen since highschool. He came up to me and was going on about how we used to have art class together, how he sat behind me, and then he said "I hardly recognized you, what happened?" Really, who says that??!!!

Another time this lady was staring at me for a bit then said "You are really sexy . . . For your size" Geez people, come on.

I have a few winners.....or should I say losers..

1. My mother in law bought me a a shirt in 4 x I ony wore a large and said sorry thats as big as they go

2. My husbands lovely aunt said the day you lose weight is the day I turn black.

3 I though you had surgery to lose weight.

freaking idiots I find it so hard not to say something back...lets see I have been married to the same man for almost 20 years I have raised three sons..and I own my own home...and I am over weight....kiss my butt

I have a few winners.....or should I say losers..

1. My mother in law bought me a a shirt in 4 x I ony wore a large and said sorry thats as big as they go

2. My husbands lovely aunt said the day you lose weight is the day I turn black.

3 I though you had surgery to lose weight.

freaking idiots I find it so hard not to say something back...lets see I have been married to the same man for almost 20 years I have raised three sons..and I own my own home...and I am over weight....kiss my butt

1. WOW

2. WOW WOW WOW

3. WOW WOW WOW WOW!

Well I can always lose weight and YOU will always be ignorant!

Well I have always been big boned :) I am very athletic and played a lot of sports. When I was in high school my sister of all people who was 5'7" 120 and beautiful used to tell me that if you can't see your collar bones you where fat :(. I have never been able to see mine and those words still hurt to this day. But 15 years later my sister out ways me by like 50lbs. Who's collar bones can't you see now!