Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which type are you?

LOL Mac you make me giggle. I've ignored several people too.

Ignore is an amazing awesome thing. It allows you to be out on the internet where anyone can post anything including some of the stupidest stuff I've ever seen and you don't have to see any of it! :thumbup:

At my figure skating board, I have over 60 people on ignore. You will not believe some of the stupid crap people will get into over their favorite figure skaters. At least on a support board, people are more on their best behavior. Believe it or not.

No one deserves the kind of abuse I got when that article came out. No one. I am not going to go into details, but it was ugly, and scary. No one, but no one deserves that.

That really bothers me that people were mean to you after your article. But I find it very believable after reading all the stupid comments people post on the web for most WLS articles.

It was because of your article that I realized that I might actually get down to 120 like all the charts say and it would be okay and I would look fine. It also made me realize that PS is not shallow and a waste of money, but that for some people it's actually reconstructive.

So it did help people even if you don't know about all of them and had to put up with loons.

Holy cow - I responded within the thread before I realized that all had hit the fan. :thumbup:

Edited by SickNTired

Jachut: How very big of you to apologize and take responsibility for this thread! I am serious. I am very impressed with what you've said about your part in this mess.

I have to do the same thing. I got pretty uptight on the other thread when I decided to go to bat for someone I thought was being jumped on by several people. I am sure I went too far in my posts and I became defensive when I read a couple of laurend's posts. I apologize for that. I hadn't been fully participating on the original thread and I realize that I may not have really understood the total picture.

I think that sometimes when we read the written word, especially when there are disagreements, it is easy to think that the writer is being meaner than they actually intended to be. I've seen that happen lots of times and you can see the points where that happened on this thread.

The thing that I hated the most about how this unfolded was that you, Jachut, said that you've been criticized for being successful. I think that is every bit as bad as someone criticizing another person for not being successful. The one thing we all have in common here is our band and our goal to lose weight and be healthier. We should not be critical of each other on one extreme or the other. None of us is perfect in the weight department or we wouldn't be here at LBT. We have all had issues or are having issues about weight. We are commrades in that.

I believe there have been some awesome personal stories that have come out of this thread and if those continue, it will be a good thing. Another good thing is that maybe by venting, like we both did Jachut, it has been healthy and it gave us an opportunity to bring out some very important issues that were boiling under the surface. I am glad that I have had an opportunity to get to know you a little better and I apologize for being hard on you. I am also sorry that I was hard on laurend. I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt me.

Thank you BJ, tempers get hot and I dont think there's anything been said that absolutely cant be forgotten.

The written word is damn dangerous, its impossible to read the tones sometimes. Although if anyone read my posts as mean, I did feel just *slightly* that way, ROFLMAO. Some of em were mean allright, and they were meant to be :thumbup:.

I'm glad we're over this. I guess I still hold the same opinions about there being certain personality types that are just more likely to get fat and less likely to be able to solve that. There are people more prone to whining and drama too. I'm never going to have much patience with them. But I realise now that its not my role in the world to sort everyone else out.

Ignore is an amazing awesome thing. It allows you to be out on the internet where anyone can post anything including some of the stupidest stuff I've ever seen and you don't have to see any of it! :thumbup:

At my figure skating board, I have over 60 people on ignore. You will not believe some of the stupid crap people will get into over their favorite figure skaters. At least on a support board, people are more on their best behavior. Believe it or not.

lol I love my ignore.

This thread was a very interesting read. I realize there were some disagreements that came out of it, but all in all I think this thread was very informative...and I didn't feel like I wasted my time in reading it.

It sure made me take a good, long look at myself.

I need to go back and read all 15 pages of this thread. I am posting so it will go on my subscribed list. I used to get emails on the threads I wanted to participate in, but not anymore.

Someone mentioned to me that this was a good thread to read through.

I will be back to voice my opinion when it's not my bedtime. I am sure I must have an opinion since I am such an opinionated person.

I need to go back and read all 15 pages of this thread. I am posting so it will go on my subscribed list. I used to get emails on the threads I wanted to participate in, but not anymore.

Someone mentioned to me that this was a good thread to read through.

I will be back to voice my opinion when it's not my bedtime. I am sure I must have an opinion since I am such an opinionated person.

Hi Denise....

You can also scroll up, go to "Thread Tools" and subscribe that way to any thread you are interested in.

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't know that.

I didn't read all of the posts made after your initial post, but wanted to let you know wasa... I so needed that. I want more than anything to be an active person. I love exercise and despite my weight, from time to time feel strong, like when I took a spin class for a whole year, 3 times a week, was the largest person they ever had in their class, but in the dark, I felt strong and fit. I never did loose a whole lot of weight because, well I worked beyond my physical ability and ate like a horse! I reduced my blood pressure, and it's been perfect ever since. I've played tennis (which I love) every week for the last 6 years, and I'll I want is a tiny pleated tennis skirt. (pleats are out now).

I got the call after 9 long months today, that I'm approved for surgery. Funny, I felt somewhat happy and a little scared, not because of the surgery, but what if I don't loose weight? What if I fail, what if there is nothing left for me to do but die fat.

Your post was the first thing that felt like a kick in the head. Well maybe a nice slap! Of course, If I eat less and exercise, the weight is going to come off. Who cares about the past, or my reasons for not being succesful. Thats a fat person talking, and I want to be a fit person.

Yeah me! Thanks for reminding me. I'm now excited!!!:thumbup:

I was a pretty fit person when I got banded. I had been going to the gym and exercising my brains out for 3 years. I didn't lose an ounce. The band is what made all the difference. I was glad I already had the exercise habit when I got my band.

me too. Off and on I did exercise regularly before being banded, I even ran sometimes,but not far, lol! Exercise on its own doesnt really work, dieting on its own doesnt really work,but both together they do!

Okay, I have read through this entire thread and my eyes are blurry.

I would never want to be one of the people that someone would have to put on their ignore list.

I have come to the conclusion that it's nice that we have so many intelligent people on this board. I could go on and on about addiction, mental illness, etc. but I don't see the point.

One of the things that got me fat though, was anti depressants. I was on them for years. I didn't know until years later that one of the side effects was weight gain. It wasn't until they took mine off the market, that I discovered exercise was better than any antidepressant ever could be. I started exercising to try to lose the weight and found out I felt better than I ever did in my life on antidepressants.

It's such a catch 22. If you're so depressed that you can barely get out of bed, it's hard to convince yourself that going to the gym would make you feel better. It's sad, really.

Denise,

You're right there is no point, people will always believe what they want to believe, but at least there are wise ones out there like you! Nanook:smile: