Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Salsa's Summer Surgery!

YAY for you--------what an awesome accomplishment. You have overcome the weight and the fear of the upcoming PS--the pain in your leg was just one more thing to overcome, and you DID IT!! I am reallllllllly proud of you!!!!

My PS was done on an outpatient basis! I had no problems with it at all. I went home with the same pain pump, and went back and he pulled the 2 tubes. You might have more tubes if you have more incision. My PS used a longer overall incision, he did not make a smile incision on me, he went down from my hip bone to the corner of the pubic bone, kind of following the angle of your leg like this then across right below where the pubic hairline is _ then from the other corner of the pubic bone back up on the angle to the other hip bone / So my incision looks like _/.

My compression gets to come off on Tuesday, but he said when I am doing my workouts, or riding my horse, I would be better off wearing it, as it helps with swelling.....I was wanting it off FOR those things, it is so fricken' hot!! LOL Oh well, I am NOT complaining!!!

Loving....LOVING...the new flat belly-----so will you!! Will be watching for updates!!

Kat

Salsa,

Congratulations!!!! WOW!!!! It sounds like you had an epic day today. AWESOME job lady :angry::thumbup::(.

Next step is to have a very Happy Birthday -- right?!!!! I hope it's a good one :):smile::lol:!!!!

Then get ready to get excited about your surgery -- with every passing day I am more and more happy that I had this done, and I just know you will feel the very same way -- I'm excited for you!!!

Salsa - you show such determination and grit in everything you do. You are an awesome inspiration for us all.

Congrats on all your achievements and best of luck (can you say break a leg for ps?) on July 3. Take care of your leg and yourself and keep us posted!

Go Karri! You have every right to be proud of yourself... you are INCREDIBLE!!!!!! Here's a high five, a happy dance wiggle and an atta girl all in one. Tipping my icy cold sangria glass to you and your outstanding accomplishment. After all you've been through the surgery will be a piece of cake!!!!

Thank you to everyone for the encouragement, support, and well wishes. The run was so invigorating. It was such a milestone in my journey and one that I won't forget.

The leg is doing better, but I am pretty certain that I have a stress fracture in my opposite foot. I thought it was just the tendonitis that I struggled with early on in the training, but this is much more localized. Then swelling around the achilles tendon has gone WAAAY down thanks to lots of icing and some VERY chilly ice baths! Fortunately with surgery just days away I have no choice but to rest. I only have one last activity planned before then and that is to go to a fun center (bowling, arcades, go carts, mini golf, batting cages) for my birthday on Tuesday.

Salsa: Congratulations on your half marathon! Maybe you should have your leg looked at before your surgery? Don't want to rain on your parade, but it might be a good idea. You are truly mentally and physically tough! Way to go!

:Banane01:Woo Hoo Salsa! This calls for dancing bananas.:thumbup:

:crying::Banane01::blink::Banane01::lol::Banane01::lol::Banane01::laugh::Banane01::w00t::Banane01:

Congratulations on all your great success. You're another wonderful example of what can be done when we take control of our lives! Countless others will be inspired by you. Becky

Thank you to everyone for the encouragement, support, and well wishes. The run was so invigorating. It was such a milestone in my journey and one that I won't forget.

The leg is doing better, but I am pretty certain that I have a stress fracture in my opposite foot. I thought it was just the tendonitis that I struggled with early on in the training, but this is much more localized. Then swelling around the achilles tendon has gone WAAAY down thanks to lots of icing and some VERY chilly ice baths! Fortunately with surgery just days away I have no choice but to rest. I only have one last activity planned before then and that is to go to a fun center (bowling, arcades, go carts, mini golf, batting cages) for my birthday on Tuesday.

glad you are doing better and your surgery will be a GREAT birthday present to yourself!

Salsa,

I was looking through Make Me Heal.com and there are several people who have had the type of Tummy Tuck you are getting (vertical scar). They look great. It seems like they already had the gastric bypass scar, so they went with the vertical incision because it gave a more contoured result. I don't think the vertical scar is that noticable, and they sure do seem to get more of an hourglass result that way. I think you are going to look great. Best of luck. Adios to Jabba. Congrats on the half marathon.

Salsa,

I have been lurking here for a bit. Just wanted to pipe in and say "Happy Birthday". You are such an inspiration to all of us. Just wanted to tell you GOOD LUCK with the PS. Look forward to seeing the pic. I will be having my own PS jurnery, just want to get rid of these last few pounds. Thanks to all of you who have shared your experience, it helps us coming behind you.

Laura

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

:smile2: