Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been STUCK for over an hour now... WTF?

OMG, I have been "Stuck" for over an hour now. For lunch at 12:30 I had two bites of salad with deli ham and ranch, and one bite of my bean Soup. I chewed and swallowed, and I've been stuck since them. I'm at work and miserable right now. I feel like I've been on the verge of barfing for an hour. My mouth is slimming and i'm PB'ing:drool:, i've been spitting into a cup at my desk since I got back from lunch. I havne't had a stuck like this since I got a fill almost a month ago... i've been fine the last two weeks back on normal food. I've been trying to sip a little milk to see if it will help and it doesn't. I don't know what to do. It usually only lasts about 30 min max when it does happen... this is getting rediculous!

I can't leave work because I have an appointment on this side of town that I can't miss after work and we don't have a place to go lie down or anything. I'm just at my desk trying to get by and not make gross noises.:biggrin::lol:

Any suggestions????

Be patient! :biggrin: I was stuck during the "night of tortilla" as I refer to it, for 2.5-3 hours. Rocking back and forth helped me... but maybe that was more emotional. :lol: Good luck and I'm SO sorry!

The book I have "Lap band companion" suggests sipping hot tea--might be worth a shot...

:confused:I'm going to go to the break room and whip up some hot tea... we shall see. thanks for the suggestion.

I'm just torn between leaving it be or thinking that sipping or eating or drinking something else will fix it you know...

I put my arms up over my head and walk around and tap on my sternum. sometimes it helps and I can feel the offending item kerplop into my stomach. Other times I just suffer it out. I try to give my tummy as much room as possible. Sometimes if I try to force a burp it helps too. I'm so sorry. I was stuck last night. I don't get stuck often and have never PBd. But I got my third fill last Friday and things are a little more difficult these days.

I'm going thru the same thing right now, too!! I've been stuck for close to 2 hours and am sitting in my office MISERABLE. I haven't been stuck for over a month, but it's that TOM and I get super tight during that time. You know what they say..."misery loves company". Hang in there morning....I'm right there with ya!! I've just been trying to walk around and put my arms over my head. Hope we both feel better soon!

I remember reading on here once that someone recommended taking a deep breath and holding it. They said it helped them when they were stuck. If I would do this, I would imagine holding the breath "high" - on top of what is stuck.

I have not been through this yet - I am so sorry you are suffering. I have held off on fills for a very long time because I have been afraid of these types of things. I hope you feel better quickly!

Hi,

I hope your over the episode by now but tapping on the sternum really helps me and just walking, walking, walking. You might want to get some chewable papaya to keep in your purse. That stuff is amazing for me.

You have had some amazing results, congratulations on your weight loss. As my husband says someday your look back on this and laugh!

Sally

I haven't had a fill or gotten stuck yet so I don't know what you're going through, but I hope you feel better soon!

I was having problem like this and I started drinking Mona'Vie juice after meals (2 oz) and I haven't had any more problems with severe Gas or food stuck. I hope you feel better.

Wow I hope that by now you aren't "stuck" anymore. Is this a common thing with banding? I haven't been banded yet but will be in July. I'm trying to find out all I can ahead of time. What is the average cc fill or is there an average?