Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, I wish someone had told me before my surgery about sharting. Here's what happened to me. I was sound asleep, and I woke up to something ooozing from my butt. Yep, it was mushy poop. It was all over the bed. I was crying and my husband was laughing so hard he actually fell on the floor. Mine too also happened around 3 am. Must be something about the hour.

In some states this is grounds for divorce where the injured (laughed at) party gets ALL the marital assets! :biggrin2:

In all seriousness, I'm not so sure about banding now. I mean Alli has exactly the same results but costs a whole lot less! :lol:

Ok, serious isn't in me. But thanks for the warning. I will be careful in bed, in the car riding home, at work for weeks, in a chair, in a boat with a goat... :redface:

wow ...that's deep... sorry this happened to you.. at least you were in the hospital and not out in public. for some reason , i was not able to move my bowels until 3-4 days after surgery.. but i will be warned now because the gas is a real problem with me.. I am about 7 weeks post op..

thank you for the advice and the laugh! tho like another post said - it's too soon to laugh this hard! ouch! i've heard this advice before - and it is definately something to remember in this situation:

"never trust a fart"

i'm not kidding - i heard that a long time ago and it still makes me laugh. i haven't had this experience, yet, but i do have post-surgery diareah and am being very careful when i feel the urge to get to the bathroom and not risk it not being gas!

good luck!

I did not have this issue in the hospital, but by the 4th or 5th day, it was horrid. I suffered from the "liquid in=liquid out" the entire time I was on the liquid only diet. I never strayed far from the bathroom......it DOES go away when you can have food again!!!

Your honesty, and humor along with your willingness to share your experience will help many more than you know I bet!!!

Welcome to bandland!

Kat

I didnt have this exact thing happened but I remember it was touch and go with the liquid phase.

Thanks for sharing . . . I had a great laugh.

Wow, I'm glad to see I'm not alone! We should start a new club--the "code browns"! (hospital terms for what happened!)

How ironic this is...I have to really beware...now I am the extreme other side of the coin. I basically pass rocks if I don't take in enough Fiber. Thanks for the story though...at least we can look back and laugh!:blink:

Great story! I read through all of the posts and didn't see this, but of course, we all know...

SHIT HAPPENS!

This is soooo funny...... but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo true!!!! The first week I was this way..... after all that liquid for so long....... no way around it.