Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

Ok confession time. I fell off the wagon BIG TIME tonight! I am admitting it right now so I can get right back on track. I ate ice cream. mmmmmmmmmmm it was good. Ok I'm done. Right back at it. I am trying hard not to feel guilty.....

Okay fellow low carbers, I've been thinking. Since we have almost 350 posts in such a short time on this thread, why don't we make it a sub-forum under food and nutrition. I've noticed that we have many different topics popping up here and there. If we continue this much longer, we will have a zillion pages to sift through to find a particular post. Since we talk about everything from ketostix and daily menus to why we are low carbing, I was thinking we should go ahead and make it a sub-forum so we can creat different threads about low carbing. I don't know how to do it or if anyone even agrees. Just my humble little opinion! Anyone?

I can ask Alex to do it. It's a good idea. There have been several different threads going on about low carb eating. It would be good to have them all in one place.

Mama~ My FIL who is diabetic introduced me to Low Carb ice cream! It is great. I usually top it off (1/2 cup) w/ strawberries and whip!

It is hard to get used to low carbs. I am trying realy hard. I feel "lighter" but am afraid to get on the scale. I will later on in the week!

I really like this thread. I am a Shrinkin' Violet and rarely venture off that thread...but I am glad I found this one!

I had my psych evaluation today. He agreed with doctor that I was a perfect candidate for lapband. I felt like I talked to much during my eval and he took millions of little notes, but after all was said and done...it was a success! Now I have to meet with dietitian in August. I could have gotten in sooner, but I wanted to wait for kids to get into school so I don't have to find a sitter or take them with me (dr is an hour away) He also recommends I go to support meetings...which I have already been to one...he just wants me to continue once a month until surgery (and then after surgery). No word on insurance approval tho.

Hi all!

Wow - I went out of town on a mini family vacay and had FIVE pages of posts to catch up on. Busy, busy thread.

Annika, I think you have a wonderful idea where we could run several different topics related to low carb but all in one spot.

Mamato3 - glad to see your great loss after TOM! I am there now and it ain't pretty.

Bonnie - sounds like things are going in the right direction for your surgery. Good luck!

I was down 2.8 this week for a total of 9.4 for two weeks. TOM has hit though and the scale was actually up .4 today. But I plan to keep plugging away.

I asked Alex to make us a sub forum under food and nutrition. He said

"no problem"

We should get moved there soon.

Hey all, I love this thread, I love this board and I love my band! I need to get on this board here and get back on track. I have been banded a long time ( banded in 2003) having lost 140 pounds but been plateauted off and on now for a while.

I know the low carb eating is my best diet as it worked best for me before while losing the 140 and I am TIRED OF BEING PLATEAUED!

I recently had a long talk with myself and decided since I am turning 40 in Sept that is a good goal to try to lose 20 pounds by then, (six weeks away) I was born on Labor Day, so a good date to shoot for.

I enjoy reading all your posts here and want to say good job to all of you and encourage the ones who have not yet been banded. I pray it will happen for you as it was the best thing I ever did for myself.

Take care and hope to fess up here daily on my intake, etc.

I struggle mainly at night while watching TV and don't get enough Water in. Two big goals for me there. I have rejoined Curves in April and have lost 10 pounds since then, so I know hand in hand with low carbing I will be successful for my first goal of 20 pounds by Sept.

Thanks for having this thread for us!

Bonnie~ Congrats!

Ellgee~ WB. I am newer to this than others. almost 10 pounds in 2 weeks is awesome. Can I ask what you eat? I am starting to look for new ideas, cause my "staples" are getting boring! Please...anyone...throw something out there.

OK..off to scramble some eggs...again!

I asked Alex to make us a sub forum under food and nutrition. He said

"no problem"

We should get moved there soon.

Thanks Denise! :thumbup:

Kity, I am starting to get a little bored with my menu at this time and am looking for recipes to add a new dimension.

Usuallly for Breakfast I will have boiled eggs with mayo or laughing cow cheese; lunch is tuna salad or a hamburger patty with cheese and some salad. For dinner it is similar, chicken or beef, broccoli and then my treat is blueberries with a little cream.

For Snacks I rely on cheese, almonds, Atkins shakes, avocadoes

I hear ya on the eggs. I think I am growing feathers. :thumbup:

Good luck!!

Hey guys, You are all doing so well. Since I started adding back some carbs I am definately adding back some cravings too. I am hoping this will get better. My weight has fluctuated, even up to 180 one morning. Wow, that is 7 pounds up. Today I am 1 pound above my ticker weight. Hopefully my body has adjusted to this change and the scales will start dropping again. I am going to give it a couple more weeks. If I don't start losing then it's strict low carb again for me, but I really hope my body adjusts and I can continue to eat some healthy carbs. Here's what I had yesterday

B - South beach Energy mix (nuts)

L - 3oz steak, potatoe with a little sour cream buter and cheese

D - Spaghetti made with venison, whole wheat noodles and no added sugar sauce.

S - banana smoothie (about 1/4 cup. It didn't want to stay down)

Hi everyone,

well this was my first week on the low carb and high Protein diet, (4th day in) I have been keeping my carbs under 40, I know it's not as low as some people keep it but I figured I would ease into it. It is a lot better than what I was doing! I have lost 3 pounds so far, and on my ketone sticks it only shows that I have a trace amount. How long does it take to see the level increase?

I have been living on hard boiled eggs, canadian bacon, turkey bacon, chicken, boca burgers, salad, green Beans and my one sin I allow myself, crunchy peanutbutter! (I came into this world with this craving). If anyone has meal idea's let me know! I am going to attempt to add some seafood this week, I am not a big fish person but I love shrimp and crab legs and lobster (can get pricey though).

I hope everyone has a groovy weekend@@!!!!!!!