Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

If you are low carbing it and would like some support and accountability this is the thread for you!!

Not that I particularly love low carb, but there is no denying that is works better for me than anything I have ever done. Therefore, low carb lifestyle will probably be my friend until goal.

Renewedhope, I'm with you! When we also suffer with PCOS low carbing seems to be the best way of life. I really like the fact that you have used the word accountability. I feel I need that right now. I do really believe in my heart of hearts that when I am an ideal weight for myself that I will be able to incorperate good carbs back into my life. I do miss fruit and you can only eat so many low carb berries! When I fall off the wagon so to speak, it takes me about 3 days to de-sugar my body. The last couple of days we have had crap and none of it tasted any good. In fact I have noticed in the last few months that there is not a food that seems to appeal to me, the focus seems to be disapearing from food. That is great I think. Maybe that is how thin people really feel about food. I have always been focused on food, looking foward to the next meal and when we would go away on holidays I would be thinking what is this town famous for Hot dogs/ BBQ/ Fudge/ cheesecake well you get the idea. It is quite sad how I have wasted so much time focused on dieting and food and weight.An ideal combo that is working for me is my band and low carb. It's great! Before the band if I fell off the wagon I could gain 5 lbs back a day easily. I didn't have to eat to an extreem but it (the weight)just came back with a vengence. So here's to the band and the low carb way of life. Come and join us and be accountable, good or bad!

cc

Ok guys here we go. I have really been able to do well with low carb lately. I would say thiat I have been pretty consistant now for a little over 2 weeks, which has resulted in a 9 pound weight loss so far this month. I have not dropped weight like that in several months, so low carb it is. I am still toying with the idea of adding back some good carbs. I may try it next week. I bought some ketone sticks so that I can make sure I stay in ketosis. If I understan right it is when you are not in ketosis that you start craving carbs again. So.....I am hoping to add back some good carbs and if I don't stay in ketosis than I will eliminate them from my diet again!! We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, down another 2 pounds this morning!!! I love my band!!

I really need to get back on track with my low carb eating ... it's always worked really well for me. I had been losing steadily since banding, I averaged a loss of about 10 lbs per month and back in February got down to 218 ... here is is June and I'm teetering around 205 when I should be enjoying "onederland" by now. The past few months I've just slacked off, I haven't focused on "losing" instead just "maintaining". So here I am ready to get back on track! :biggrin: Renewed, are you allowing your self any carbs or are you eating strictly meats & cheeses?

as I'm eating my crock pot pork steak for the 2nd day in a row!

TRYING to work up the gusto to go get some water! :biggrin:

I'm interested in going low carb. I was diagnosed with pcos about six or seven years ago. Low carb works well for me but it does get difficult for me to follow. How many carbs are you allowing yourself and what is your general daily caloric intake?

Thanks for starting this thread!

I don't have a surgery date yet, but I started low-carbing it on Monday. Im in Ketosis now and have dropped 5 pounds in 4 days. Of course I don't want to lose too much before surgery...cuz then I wont qualify! Im drinking low carb Protein Drinks (EAS) one for Breakfast and one mid afternoon. For lunch I have been making turkey or chicken wraps on low carb flat-out bread with light mayo, cheese and lettuce and a piece of fruit. For dinner I have whatever meat my family is having and salad and sometimes extra veggies. So far so good!

I have done Atkins before but became very compulsive, I lost 50 pounds in 3 months and exercised A LOT (2+ hours a day), I was ONLY eating meats, eggs and cheese. I gained it all back very quickly. This time I have been adding a piece or 2 of fruit a day and veggies. I think its a lot healthier.

Good luck to everyone low-carbing!

I don't have a surgery date yet, but I started low-carbing it on Monday. Im in Ketosis now and have dropped 5 pounds in 4 days. Of course I don't want to lose too much before surgery...cuz then I wont qualify! Im drinking low carb Protein drinks (EAS) one for breakfast and one mid afternoon. For lunch I have been making turkey or chicken wraps on low carb flat-out bread with light mayo, cheese and lettuce and a piece of fruit. For dinner I have whatever meat my family is having and salad and sometimes extra veggies. So far so good!

I have done Atkins before but became very compulsive, I lost 50 pounds in 3 months and exercised A LOT (2+ hours a day), I was ONLY eating meats, eggs and cheese. I gained it all back very quickly. This time I have been adding a piece or 2 of fruit a day and veggies. I think its a lot healthier.

Good luck to everyone low-carbing!

Good for you! How many grams of carbs are you eating a day and how many calories are you taking in?

Bloo, I am not really keeping up with number of carbs each day. Occasionally I'll eat some green Beans, etc, but mostly just meat and maybe a little cheese. I am not eating much at all. Since my last fill my portiion sizes hav gone WAY down. I really need to add more fruit and veggies. I just hate to stop this weight loss I am havng. Don't know what to do. On the ketosticks I am having large quantities of ketones. The stick is really dark. I think I should be able to add some carbs without stopping ketosis.

I try to have less than 30 a day. I get a few carbs with Protein Drink and with lowcarb wrap and veggies, but fruit is usually high in carbs which kind of freaks me out, so I have been having one piece of fruit and then testing my ketones and I am still in the "large" amount of ketosis. If I add the second piece of fruit then I am barely in ketosis. My calories are around 1100-1200 a day.

Two days and doing well on low carb. I don't count calories, fat or portions. My band controls my portions. I eat meat, fish,eggs, cheese, dill pickles (a few) berries 2x a week, green Beans, brocoli, zuccuni (sp)once in a while and the occasional salad and pumpkin seeds and don't tell anyone but loads and loads of coffee. I need to start making Jello before I go to work so I can have a treat when I get off of a 12 hour shift. One more day to go to be past the 3 days I seem to always need after falling off the wagon.Then I am usually good for 4-6 weeks without a slip. I want to be in onederland sooooo bad. Can you hear the whining in my typing? Happy Low Carbing to all!

cc