Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Banders Unite

Two days of low carbing down and exercise. Can't wait to see what the scale says this weekend. I will be happy with two pound but will be totally estatic with more. I want so badly to under 200 lbs Christmas morning.

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted. I was banded in 03 in Proria Il. by Dr. Rossi.and -I've only lost 40lbs...2 fills, lost my job,home,mind, then had Breast cancer:ohmy:Now I'm in Texas,well, happy and ready to start all over:thumbup: I hate to give up SUGAR but Low Carb is the way to go to get me where I need to be.I would love to join in with you all:smile:

Hi Everyone!

I was banded in April and have been following a fairly low carb diet. I need to get serious about my carbs as it is the only way I can lose. I would like to be on onederland by January 2009. :thumbup:

~MaryEllen

Okay, okay, okay!!! I have been lurking in this forum since I got banded and as much as I don't want to admit it, low carb is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I really wanted to be one of those people who can just eat less and lose weight, but it aint happening. I didn't happen before the band so I don't know what magic I thought would make it happen after. Anyway, I am in. My husband got approved for LB and his surgery is in Jan. He has already started on a low carb diet so hopefully it will make it easier for me. It just seems to me that a couple of years back, when the Atkins diet was all the rave, low carb stuff was a little easier to find. Anyway, I need to read my book again to get it right but, count me in, I am back on board :biggrin:

Okay you guys. I see that none of us post on a regular basis including me. Let's get serious about this! Who's in with me? I want to do this. We don't have to wait until the new year. Waiting for tomorrow which never comes has not been my friend,how about you?

I think low carb is the way to go, too. However, I often get stuck with solid Protein, no matter how small the bites or how well I chew. So, I have to be very careful of what I eat. Luckily I live alone, and if I can't have it, it's not in my house. Since I'm a teacher, I get lots of goodies (that I always give away) from my dear students. My treats are nuts, sf goodies, and tea, lots of tea! Are the rest of you able to eat deli meat, steak, ground beef and chicken? I can only handle fish, seafood, cheese and eggs, primarily. Good luck to us all, especially during the holidays, with all its temptations.

Nancy

GREAT Paragirl and Angelshere! To answer you question Angelshere, I can eat everthing you mentioned accept for maybe steak. I only say maybe because I can't remember eating any since I've been banded. Are you too tight? That's probably not a question you want asked especially with your great wt loss. Have you all started already if you are you following Atkins, South Beach or something else?

No, after discussing it with my doctor, I don't believe I am too tight! It is not a problem for me that there are some foods I cannot eat.....there are days when I can eat very tender, lean steak, or very tender chicken, but I never know when that will be. My band, like many others, is fickle and I am still getting to know it so that we can peacefully live together!

I feel fortunate that my doctor is very involved in follow-up and aftercare for all his band patients. There's a lot of security in knowing that any questions or concerns are quickly resolved by a phone call or a visit to his office.

Recently, I found a great low carb cheesecake recipe that is delicious and very low carb (I make it without crust). It is satisfying and fairly healthy, and is even good for breakfast!

Nancy

I'm on the kimkins low carb plan and it has been working great. Hopefully it will stay that way. I think it's one of those things where you have to stay low carb forever or you go back to being big!:cursing:

What is the kimkins plan? never heard of it.