Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Los Angeles Bandster looking for others

Kikival,

Where are you located?? I am located in Lakewood if you like to meet I would be more than happy. I was also banded by Dr. Kuri.

i would LOVE to meet up sometime. im down the street from you, in norwalk...off of norwalk & imperial. weekends are best for me, let me know what works for you. thanks so much for willing to meet. since thanksgiving i haven't been able to jump back on track, and i don't know of any lap band support groups in our area...do you? LBT is helping out a lot, but i thinks its time to find a local friendly face that i can talk to about this whole journey.

Hi, How are you? Congratulations on your band, I have just started my process with Kaiser, and about to see the doctor this week and was wondering what to expect? What happens in the initial visit? What do I do afterwords to speed the process up (i.e.) paperwork etc. can you give me some advice please, I guess I really want to know what to expect during the 24 week program can you give me an input,please?

thanks...

I apologize for the delay in response. I have not been online much lately. I would love to talk with anyone who has questions regarding the band. I have kind of fallen off the band wagon since Christmas and I am trying to get motivated again to start where I left off. Thats the thing with the band, its so forgiving unlike any other surgery. I currently have 2.3 in my 4cc band and I have some restriction but not much. I feel into the trap of eating slider foods. If you have been there you know exactly what I am talking about. I would like to schedule a meeting at maybe Denny's in Culver City in the next two weeks or so if anyone is interested. If you interested send me a private message. I am available Saturdays from around 11:00 - 2:00 until I start school. Has anyone had problems with their Iron levels? I was borderline anemic before the band and now am full anemic.

Brenda

Brenda,

I was suppose to meet up with you a while back and had a family emergency I would love to meet up with anyone who is interested just send me a message with the information. This Saturday isnt good I already have a scheduled all day trip.

esmeralda- i just replied! yes, i hope we can meet soon.

brenda- i know what you mean...i've been trying to get back on track since THANKSGIVING!!! what the heck?!?! so much time as passed, and i still can't get back?? geez!

Hi Brenda, I would be interested in your group. I live near LAX and work in Santa Monica. I was banded in December of 2007, and haven't lost much. I feel that I need the support of others who are experiencing the same as I, and willing to share with others.

Katie

Katie I have been banded since March 2008 and I haven't lost the weight I was expecting I would love to get in touch with you. I live close to LAX and work in West Los Angeles. Let's get in touch and talk.

Rachel

I live near Hollywood and would love to meet up with some fellow bandsters!! keep me posted

Hi -- I was just banded in Burbank on August 28. I'm looking for folks to talk to and exercise with.

I have an odd question. How do you put together the signature with the ticker? What weight do you use? Highest weight, weight before liquid diet or weight right before surgery?

Thanks, Sallie

Hi -- I was just banded in Burbank on August 28. I'm looking for folks to talk to and exercise with.

I have an odd question. How do you put together the signature with the ticker? What weight do you use? Highest weight, weight before liquid diet or weight right before surgery?

Thanks, Sallie

Im in van nuys so we are neighbors! i would love to go walking with someone, i have been lookin for the same thing!

Hi,

I got banded Monday at Olympia Med Center in LA. I'm looking for a group local to me as well. I have a couple of friends who would probably be interested too!

Hello to all bansters!:bored:

I'm Todd and I was banded 6/16/09. Lost 75lbs in 3 month and one week!:smile2:

We play music at a club in Long Beach. If you like classic rock...you will love us!:lol: We've been playing there for...gulp... 30 years!:lol:

Would love to have a bandster appreciation night at the club!

What do you think?

Here is my story on video: