Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV (Non Scale Victory)!!!

I had a NSV today! Hubby and I enjoy geocaching (Google it) and my weight and arthritis in my knees keep me from walking as fast as other geocachers. I also don't want to do too many...I get tired and sore!

Well, today...even in the hot Texas heat. We found 16 in all. Not just get out of your car and there they are ones. Some required some walking, bending and reaching! I was NOT limping, and I was walking as fast as my 6'1" tall husband!

I'm so pumped that I'm going on a girl geocacher road trip to Austin tomorrow and we have 450 caches loaded up! My goal is to do 150-200 before we return on Monday!

PS....I'm even going to take my swimsuit since the hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub!

Lunabeane, I forgot about the no peeing when I sneeze, I totally relate to that one and haven't done it either!!

Oh and today my new smaller capris from 2 weeks ago, were loose!!

I flew last week to Chicago. Normally when it comes to buckling the seat belt, I pull and scoot, and pull and stretch, and then I'm completely uncomfortable the whole trip feeling as though all circulation is being cut off to my mid section. I got on the plane last week, fully expecting to have the same experience. Nope, it just buckled, I honestly, unbuckled it and rebuckled it to make sure it really had happened...now that my friends, was one heck of an exciting moment ;)

NSVs.....

1. I am able to wear some clothes that I haven't been able to wear for a year and a half.

2. Within 2 wks, those clothes are big on me!

3. I bought a tankini 2 mos. ago (pre-surgery) in a size 28 and now it's too big. Bought a new one-piece this week in a size 24!

4. My husband can put his arms ALL THE WAY AROUND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I flew last week to Chicago. Normally when it comes to buckling the seat belt, I pull and scoot, and pull and stretch, and then I'm completely uncomfortable the whole trip feeling as though all circulation is being cut off to my mid section. I got on the plane last week, fully expecting to have the same experience. Nope, it just buckled, I honestly, unbuckled it and rebuckled it to make sure it really had happened...now that my friends, was one heck of an exciting moment :thumbup:

I am flying in 2 weeks. I hope for the same!! I kept my seat belt extender from last time and hope to give it back for good!

I had another one today, so that makes two in one week! My sister and her family came to visit for the day, and we ditched our kids with the hubbies and went to the mall, the first time I've been since being banded. I could walk everywhere and not lose my breath!!! It was fantastic!!!! I guess I haven't been paying much attention when I walk in the evenings because I do it everyday, but when I would go to the mall before I started exercising and losing some weight, I would ALWAYS get out of breath......maybe being in a different setting made me notice it more? Whatever it was, it made me happy!

I have noticed that since I have been walking ... when we go to a store I just take off and everyone is asking what my hurry is :ohmy:

Just fall into my pace... it's nice not to be the one lagging behind!!!

I went to the movies tonight and for once the sit wasn't squishy and I didn't have to put the arm rest up to be more comfortable.

Throw it away??? Blasphemy!!!

Hammer and a nail and you got new notches :)

I'd seriously save it one day you will be able to loop it around you at least twice

I had a major one for me today!

I flew and the seat belt not only fit but had extra left. And one flight I got the middle seat, and it wasn't unbearable and I didn't spill over. Usually my butt would kindda go under the armrests and push the armrests up. This is huge for me. DH works for the airlines and I can fly anywhere in the world for free, but have hardly gone because I would literally get panic attacks about middle seats and seat belts. Now I got my wings back and I am ready to fly!!!

I love to read this thread, but had nothing to add, but today I have 3 NSVs!:frown:

People who don't know about the surgery have commented on my weight loss. That feels very good!:lol:

I got a poem written for me by a young male student the other day! I was flattered, but of course said " not on your life" but it was flattering (I teach at a career college, so he was "legal") :)

The final NCV is that I got a promotion at work today! I am now a "Master Insturctor" the great part was that is came with a 10% pay raise! :ohmy:

Edited by cathychatts

You all give me such hope, to think someday I could walk into a store and not go to the plus sizes. I have clothes in my closet in every size there is. Probably a lot of them are way out of style. Bellbottoms anyone????

Congratulations Maggie:thumbup:

I have seen this thread for days now and just never opened it up. What a mistake that was - I have been missing joyful tears all this time! I am so moved by each and every one of your posts and am so happy for all of you! And I'm happy for me too and just want to share - pretty much the same NSV that the rest of you have reported, but none the less, exciting!

1. I FEEL my husband's arms go around me just a bit tighter and I LIKE that!

2. I have noticed the last week that I have sat in a couple of chairs with arms, like at the doctor's office waiting room, and I SLIDE down into it! Still snug, but I SLIDE!!!! I don't have to fold myself into it. (By the way, I'm crying right now...tears of joy!)

3. People that don't even know I had the surgery are saying to me that I look so happy - if they only knew!!!

Thank you so much for sharing you NSV! It's an exciting new life, isn't it?!

Hi!

Yesterday I had an amazing NSV! For a"normal" person - not a big deal, but but many of us? You be the judge!

After 20 years of not even thinking of trying, I actually got in and took my first bath! It was heavenly! I know, this is not a life altering experience... or is it?

I think so!

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Katja