Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Sad Another 3-4 Weeks

I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE DEC 2007 TO BE BANDED.TODAY I TALK TO DOC OFFICE AND LOOKS LIKEIT COULD BE ANOTHER 3-4 WEEKS.WAITING ON PHYSCHOLOGIST REPORT.DO I KEEP EXERCISEING, DOING SMALLER PORTIONS, DRINKING TON AND TONS OF Water? ?? LAST WEEK THEY (DOC OFFICE) SAID THEY WOULD HAVE THAT INFORMAION THIS A. M. SILLY ME REALLY GOT MY HOPES UP HIGH AND THEY ARE ALL GONE. HAS ANYONE BESIDES ME HAD TO WAIT THIS LONG??? OR AM I JUST HAVING A GRAND PETTY PARTY????? MEMOM:frown:

Like you said you have waited so long it just shows you have strong perservance!! It will be here before you know it promise!!! Good luck!

I would be getting on the phone to the psycholigists office and find out why its taking so long. There is no reason for them holding up your surgery for that long.

You can offer to hand carry the report to your doctor also if they are having that much trouble with it.

You might have to start calling the psycholigists office every 2-3 days and keep on them (Just remember to remain polite). Is your doctor also calling/fax them about it?

I can't imagine a office taking that long. There just isn't any real reason possible other other then someone in there isn't doing their job very well.

I have to agree with Telecia. If you have already had the examination, why is it taking them so long to report back on it? That almost seems unethical to me. My report was in my surgeon's hands the very next day.

I had my psych exam on the 4th of this month and had to start calling because it still was not at my surgeon's office yet. Found out that the psych doc lost the paperwork that included all the information that needed to be in his letter and they had lost the fax number. I had to give them the info again and still had to call back daily until it was finally dictated. Turns out he dictated it on this past Friday and left for vacation. It now sits in his box waiting to be signed NEXT Monday when he returns. Irritating but a few days more won't matter much.

Just should have been done and in my surgeon's hands two weeks ago.

Yea the only time I can see it taking longer then a week would be incase of vacation, unexpeded illness on the docs part or suregery, carwreck things like that. If the office lost the number to fax it to they should have called you and asked for it again. Or if it was to a doctor in the same area just looked it up. Leaving you hanging for weeks on end isn't very professional.

I had to take my kids into the eye doctor this week to pick up their new glasses/get them fitted So I gave the receptionist the card my doctor gave me and asked for a copy of my most recent eye exam to be faxed to him. Well the fax# wasnt on the card but it WAS in the yellow pages!! Lol