Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

j.s.

Thanks so much for all the information....especially the picture thing!!! Sounds like a fairly easy, but lenghty appointment. At the consult do they give you any idea if your insurance covers things? Or do you have to wait until all the paperwork is submitted to the insurance company?

Sorry if I repeat a question....I have been talking to a lot of people - how long was it from your first consult to the date of your surgery? Did you pick a surgery date after or before the insurance approval?

j.s., I can't thank you enough for taking the time to ask my questions...

Margo

j.s.

OMG, you live in Hartland!!! We are neighbors!!!!!! It is such a small world...we probably know one another?!

Margo

Margo,

His insurance girl is really good with insurance. I think I called up my insurance co first to find out if it was covered, they told me if it is medically nesicssary it was covered. The insurance girl she finds out if you would be covered or not. So you have to do all these tests that they want done (I don't know if that is what makes you necessary or not, still not sure on that one). I was a smoker when I started this so I had to do extra stuff, do a pulmonary functoin study (which I flunked) then had to see the pulmonologist (that took me like an extra month and a half with the wait time). So I started my first appointment in September and got my surgery April 8. I did not get a surgery date until it was confirmed that insurance would cover the procedure. Then it all went really fast.

j.s.

j.s.

Again, thanks for all the information.....what insurance do you have?

So, minus the smoking thing (I applaud you....it is hard to stop....I quit 10 years ago after smoking for 22 years) I could be looking at maybe around October if not earlier?!

I am just so excited....can't stop thinking about it! Were you that way too?

Margo

Margo,

My doc told me to plan on 3-6 months to get through the testing phase. Quitting smoking was bad, but quitting drinking coffee was even worse for me. I still want coffee all the time (I was a pretty heavy coffee drinker and we drink it strong) I still have to wait a couple weeks then they say I can have the coffee in moderation. Yeah, I thought about it all the time too. Did a lot of research. Came to this message board and the one at OH, read everything I could. I did buy that book that details the lapband and I did not find it helpful. I knew pretty much all of it by that time. I find the message boards just a wealth of information. I still check them out every day. My insurance was HCN with PBA.

j.s.

j.s.

3-6 months isn't bad....keep your fingers crossed for me!

I am so glad that I do not have to battle the cigarette addiction right now....I can thank my daughter for that since she was the reason I quit. I went "cold turkey" (from 3 packs to zero) over night once I found out I was pregnant.

I have never been a coffee drinker, so I can thank my lucky stars for that, too.

But, trust me I have plenty of other bad habits I will have to deal with in my "new life".....BUT, I am so ready for the challenge.

Sorry again for all the questions, but I have another one (and will probably have more)....at what point in the process did you pick a surgery date?

Margo