Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a break from LBT

Erica, I know how you feel. I've felt the same way in the past, and that's why I generally stay away from many of the support and question/answer forums now. It does get frustrating to see so many "Debbie Downers" or the same questions asked over and over and over. I understand the irritation with people that don't seem to do their own research, or who don't listen to their doctor/nutritionist, etc., and then come here and complain/whine/bitch. Frustration with those people is understandable and justified, IMO. There are people out there, though, that do have sucky doctors that didn't inform them (doesn't negate the fact that they may have failed to do research themselves, but still...), and those people should be given a little more latitude than others. My suggestion for you is to maybe stay out of those forums for a while and give yourself time to cool off. I generally restrict my own LBT visitation to Rants and Raves, the Lounge, and the plastic surgery forum. Believe me, you become much more accepting when it's not constantly in your face.

I don't understand why people are being so harsh on the OP. I see her post as a way to say, "Hey...what's going on?" If she wanted to leave, she would have.

If the original complaint/post was so annoying, then just pass by it...right?

:cool2: Only seedless, though! I hate seeds. They still make me gag.

Oh, damn...wrong thread, sorry!

I can kinda see where she's coming from. I get discouraged when I read that stuff, too.

I'm also hitting my own weakness after being banded since Sept, so it's hard for me to read about the newbies without getting a little angry at myself for not doing well. :)

:cool2: Only seedless, though! I hate seeds. They still make me gag.

Oh, damn...wrong thread, sorry!

I can kinda see where she's coming from. I get discouraged when I read that stuff, too.

I'm also hitting my own weakness after being banded since Sept, so it's hard for me to read about the newbies without getting a little angry at myself for not doing well. :)

i only replied to this thread - because quite frankly i find the "complaining of the complainers" more annoying. just MO.

erica - with a month under your belt; you "could" be one who experiences complications & have only this forum to provide answers to some of your questions/concerns. hopefully you never have that happen, however be thankful when someone does reach out and provide some level of comfort to you should that be the case.

i certainly hope you choose to use LBT to your benefit.

i only replied to this thread - because quite frankly i find the "complaining of the complainers" more annoying. just MO.

erica - with a month under your belt; you "could" be one who experiences complications & have only this forum to provide answers to some of your questions/concerns. hopefully you never have that happen, however be thankful when someone does reach out and provide some level of comfort to you should that be the case.

i certainly hope you choose to use LBT to your benefit.

I get that, I do, really. But, where can one go to blow off steam here? If someone posts in the R&R forum - I've been reading the "complain about complainers" too - then they get blasted. What if they just want to vent and get it out so that they can get re-focused?

Sometimes, speaking for myself only, that's what I need. Something to refocus myself and move on.

But, yes: right to complain = right to counter-complain. One can't be there without the other.

It's just where do you go when the little things are getting to you and not be beaten up for it? Not yours specifically, but some of the replies to the OP are rude, as well as replies to the OPs in the other complaint forum.

I guess I just get annoyed when people just open new threads without looking to see if other threads apply.

I'm not saying you don't have an addition or that you're an old pro at LBT, although if I did, I don't see how that's an insult, more like a compliment. I'm saying you don't know these people or their situations and you assume a lot about their intelligence, their research and what not. Just seemed a little harsh. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I wasn't trying to be mean, I was giving you what I thought.

MrsFlipflops we don't agree on everything, hey we're only human, but here you're right on the money!!!!!:)

People are so fast to judge people when they don't have an addiction or never experienced one!!!!!

It might just be me, but I get really excited when I find I agree with someone whom I normally disagree with! :cool2:

I have barely been here lately, one of the biggest reasons I haven't been coming is just the reasons the OP posted about.

I know I could choose to ignore those threads, but I just can't seem to help myself. I have really tried, though.

I used to always navigate the board by the new posts button, but I've learned to navigate by forum so that I can avoid the majority of those posts that make me crazy.

Yes, the OP certainly should have the right to post what she did, as do the detractors have the right to rebut. However, I would question the need to announce a break. Perhaps the title of the thread should have been something a little different.

I am almost a year out and have not been without my challenges, and for some reason keep coming back here. But I also step away on occasion. Quietly. But that's my choice.

It might just be me, but I get really excited when I find I agree with someone whom I normally disagree with! :)

It's still a confusing kind of love though:lol:

MrsFlipFlops, I don't think your post was rude. You attacked the issue, which is what this forum is all about. I think the post that was rude, is the one that attacked the OP personally and didn't even bother to bring up the issue at hand.

No one here is perfect but let's show some respect. The OP has the right to post an opinion, just as everyone else.

OK, I'm wondering here, as I do from time to time. What if there were a Rants and Raves section "no holds bar" and a Rants and Raves section "you can't touch that"?

OMG!!!I think Erica crossed the line with her RANT!!! I mean really...I somewhat new here however, because LBT is soooo very interesting, I read a lil of this and a lil of that. Yes, many of the concerns/questions are redundant. So what! Erica, you did more bragging about yourself than anything. I may be exaggerating a tounch. Anywho, in 2 months that I've been on this site and have read threads from most subjects, I've not read anthing that has been so darn HARSH!!! Give me a break. You appear to be angry about something or having a bad day! Take it out somewhere else. For those who are helped by the redundancy or the questions they should have asked their docs and didn't, any link here if for support, I thought? Erica, get over yourself?