Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

baltimore area?

Hello Baltimore Banders! Haven't seen a post from anyone lately so was wondering how everyone was doing. I've been plugging along losing 1-2 lbs a week...slow but steady,

Is anyone going to the support group meeting at St Agnes Monday evening?

Hi, I'm creeping up on my surgery! Hoping for the first week of April and then I'll definitely be going to the meetings. Dr. Averbach's office is submitting my paperwork on March 2nd.

When did you have your surgery?

Hey Hockey - you are doing great at 1-2 a week. slow and steady wins the race. I had my surgery done at Hopkins, so I go to support meetings there.

Hey lilith, good luck with your approval. why are they waiting so long to submit your paperwork? keep us updated on how things are progressing

Hey lilith, good luck with your approval. why are they waiting so long to submit your paperwork? keep us updated on how things are progressing

Thank you! I'm one of those lucky people who had to do a six month supervised diet, lol. So far I've gained 5 pounds!!! So March 2nd is my final day... I have two appointments between now and then, the cardiologist and the shrink eval, and I have to have a drug and alcohol test! From what I hear my insurance is one of the few who requires that one. :thumbup:

Hi, I'm creeping up on my surgery! Hoping for the first week of April and then I'll definitely be going to the meetings. Dr. Averbach's office is submitting my paperwork on March 2nd.

When did you have your surgery?

I had my surgery at St Agnes. It's a great hospital.

I started going to the support group meetings months before my surgery. I was banded in November & started going to the meetings in August. I wanted to know what to expect. I'm really glad I did. I learned a lot.

Hey all - haven't seen anyone post here in awhile, so didn't really post anything. Doing well. I had planned to go to group on Monday night, but work has been crazy and didn't get out of the office on time. Eating has been lite, technically I'm on soft foods now, but had to back up to full liquids for a couple of days due to bad Constipation, but that cleared up and now slowly working my way back to soft foods again. Not really been that hungry, but I know I need to get a little more food in me - not a band problem, just taking time to do it. Seems like body got adjusted to liquids and Soups and eating habits still stuck in this mode. Not really a good thing - so need to slow myself down some so I can plan and cook things I can eat, that I should be eating. Haven't done this yet - so mentally I've made myself think it's safer to stick with full liquids and Soup, then to move on to real food. Not good.

I had my surgery at St Agnes. It's a great hospital. I started going to the support group meetings months before my surgery. I was banded in November & started going to the meetings in August. I wanted to know what to expect. I'm really glad I did. I learned a lot.

Too bad we aren't on the same end of town, we could carpool!

HI I'm in Owings Mills

we are going to the info seminar at Sinai on March 2

and the one for Hopkins on March 11

we also could consider St Agnes but i'm a bit overwhelmed.

I posted an intro in the intro area.

HI I'm in Owings Mills

we are going to the info seminar at Sinai on March 2

and the one for Hopkins on March 11

we also could consider St Agnes but i'm a bit overwhelmed.

I posted an intro in the intro area.

Did you know Hopkins has an online info session now? If you can squeeze it in I suggest checking out St. Agnes, the RN that hosts the meeting has had WLS and she's really informative!

Hi Jaded, we are neighbors, I'm in Overlea area. Welcome to the group. I'm not real active on here. I went over to Sparkpeople.com to do my food tracking and found two lapband groups there. But Lapbandtalk is a great place to get all of your questions answered. Wishing you the best, and feel free to e-mail me.

I was banded on 1/09 at Hopkins. I'm doing very well. I've actually lost 43 lbs since pre surgery, and 30 since surgery. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi, I was banded at GBMC 1/08. I've had a great experience except that the entire office there has turned over since I started. I'd be happy to help with any support/questions you have in the process. Good luck!

Hi, do you get many post-op people at your support group? I had surgey with Dr. Von Rueden when he was at GBMC. I'd love to have a support group to be a part of, but it seems like most of the people at GBMC meeting are required to be there for pre-op. I could use a connection with people who are a little farther out as well. Thanks!

Hi, do you get many post-op people at your support group? I had surgey with Dr. Von Rueden when he was at GBMC. I'd love to have a support group to be a part of, but it seems like most of the people at GBMC meeting are required to be there for pre-op. I could use a connection with people who are a little farther out as well. Thanks!

I know that Dr. Von Rueden has partnered with Dr. Averbach and they have regular meetings - I haven't gone yet, I just got scheduled for April 23rd... biting nails!