Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill w/Realize band 6cc total no restriction

UPDATE:

I got my fourth fill on August 20th and I finally have restriction! It took four fills and 9ccs to get me there. I lost 8lbs in two weeks! That is the most I lost since right after surgery. For all those who are struggling...hang in there it does get better with proper restriction. I can't say I'm at my sweet spot but I'm where I need to be for now. I'm hoping I won't need another fill for quit some time because it is expensive for me. $200 each time because I'm self pay. But for the first time since getting my new tool, I feel it's working. I have hope now!

the realize band only holds 9 cc...correct? This whole realize thing is really beginning to frustrate me. I hear only stories about NOT having any restriction with lots of fills. I got my realize band placed on July 30th. and I have lost only 6 lbs. (gain and lose 2-3 lbs along the way) since the day of surgery. I got the surgery because I needed serious HELP! I cannot do this for any lenght of time on my own, and so far, that is what I am doing. I'm reallly discouraged. I'm willing to do my part, but I feel like my band isn't doing IT'S part.

Are there ANY out there who have the realize band that truly feel the band is doing it's part?

the realize band only holds 9 cc...correct? This whole realize thing is really beginning to frustrate me. I hear only stories about NOT having any restriction with lots of fills. I got my realize band placed on July 30th. and I have lost only 6 lbs. (gain and lose 2-3 lbs along the way) since the day of surgery. I got the surgery because I needed serious HELP! I cannot do this for any lenght of time on my own, and so far, that is what I am doing. I'm reallly discouraged. I'm willing to do my part, but I feel like my band isn't doing IT'S part.

Are there ANY out there who have the realize band that truly feel the band is doing it's part?

Yeah the band is supposed to hold about 9ccs. My doc said that the reason they can put more in is because of the tubing to the port site. If ones tubing is long there can be a lot of Fluid in there.

I hit my sweet spot on my second fill at 8.3 cc's. It held until I had to have an emergency unfill last Thursday after getting sick. Once you get there, you stay there for some time, at least in my case. My Realize band has gotten me 10 pounds from goal in less than 8 months. I love my band.

Yea I dont feel that my realize is helping me one dang bit:mad:. I mean I cant eat like I used to, but I'm just like alot of these ppl in here that will power isnt going to cut it with me...If I had will power I wouldnt have needed the damn band. I'm 4 months out and only have lost a total of with pre-op diet 29 lbs. THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!:embaressed_smile: I'm starting to wonder if I should have gone with the bypass. I exercise and it's not helping at all. I also have pcos and insulin resistance so I'M SCREWED!!

so far I have had 3 fills and I'm up to 5 cc's in my band. Guess from the sounds of it I need to get a larger fill and NOW!!!

love and light to all

Dolphin I am right there with you!! I am gettign very discouraged! I go for my 3rd fill this thursday I hope he gets a lil agressive this time Ugh!!

Are you guys participating in the Post-Op Support and General Support boards? Because what you are experiencing is not limited to the Realize band and there are a lot more people on those other boards who can help you because they've been there.

:cry_smile: Boy, I don't know what is going on? I had my Realize Band installed Aug. 4 (seven weeks ago) and I have great restriction w/o ANY fill. I have no idea why it is working so well for me and others don't seem to get much restriction until 8 cc or so. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining I'm just confused. I have lost 18.4 pounds which doesn't sound like a lot but it took me seven months of strict dieting before my daughter's wedding to lose that much before. :mellow: It kind of makes me scared that I have a sweet spot w/o any fill. :cool2:

Hi,

I'm Sharon, was banded on 6/24/08 and to date have lost 33 lbs. I agree with you about agressive fills - and I'm lucky, I can have a fill every two weeks. I've had 3 fills and have 5.5 cc out of a possible 10. I haven't tried eating things that I shouldn't rice, Pasta, although I will have wheat toast once in awhile (not since the last fill) as I felt the restriction (often) over the weekend, but today I haven't noticed it - but I've eaten small amounts, slowly.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I just got my second fill yesterday (5.5 cc total), and I'm really feeling it now. It's just the first day, so I don't know if this is too much restriction now, or if it'll loosen up a bit. I was able to eat two pieces of cheese before it started to hurt, so I need to guard against heartburn...

My first fill was 3 ccs, and that didn't do much. My fill nurse said that with the realize band, you need bigger fills at first than the lap-band, so she's being more aggressive with 1st fills, up to 5ccs (I only got 3 ccs because I had a different nurse do it, and she's not the expert). She told me she just gave a 3rd fill to someone, up to 7ccs, so this seems to be the trend. As always, everyone's different. My Dr. told me not to worry, that the realize band WILL work. I got the impression that he wasn't that concerned with the 9cc limit, I guess there's a little play.

I got the impression that he wasn't that concerned with the 9cc limit, I guess there's a little play.

Mickey, I attended a seminar presented by a Realize Band rep, and he said that there was room for more than 9cc's of Fluid. I'm not sure if he said the amount, but he said it's not going to burst with a little more put in.

I have a friend with the Vanguard Lap Band, and she has more than the top amount. She still has very little restriction and has not lost any weight after her initial loss since being banded. She had her surgery about a year ago.

Ok so I was one whom complained about the band too it was my doctor he would not be agressive an dhe has now explained to me why. I have 8ccs in my band now an dI HAVE RESTRICTION!! i experienced my first Stuck episode!!! I did not like it, it hurts and lets just say I know now but I was hungry and not thinking and ate a spoon of mac n cheese and I was in pain for like 20 minutes an it came back up my chest is still hurting. You get there eventually!!!!

I have 7cc in a 10cc band. I didn't have any restriction till I got this 3rd fill. I notice I have to eat slower which I hadn't done prior to now. It is hard to tell when you are considered full. This is really the first time that I am experiencing the pouch filling...so am trying to get used to it. It just takes a little more experience to understand it fully.

Ok, I have a question for those of you who have restriction. Is your "full" feeling different than your old full feeling? In other words instead of your belly feeling ful as it has previously, do you now, instead feel full higher up? like in your epigastric area? (OR THE AREA BETWEEN YOUR BREASTS?)

:thumbup:

Well for me, I hadn't had a feeling of food in my pouch since day 1 of the surgery. I know that my food went straight through because I didn't experience any restriction. My surgery was 6/23/08 and I was beginning to get frustrated. I had gotten myself into eating fast again and not noticing my bite sizes mainly because it didn't effect me. After the 3rd fill, I have a feeling (more in my throat and down) that would be similar to prebanding days of when I might have something not going down smoothly (a pill or dry food). You have this instant feeling that you shouldn't take another bite because the previous one is still there. I am still experimenting on when I shouldn't take another bite. I'm just saying when you get restriction, you will know. Now, I can't take a bite until I know that the previous one is where it needs to be. The feeling for me is pressure in my throat and a few inches below. Soups go down easily, but meat feels different than other things.