Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

candybars!!! You can eat' em

i just wanted to share a candybar that tastes good and most banders should be able to eat.

post op it seems that you must follow a high protien diet, if you are on one then the adtkins candy bars, carbolite, and pure delight are all chocolate bars that only have 0-3 carbs. they still have the fat in them but if you are consuming less than 20 carbs a day you can enjoy these yummy bars.

there are lots of flavors- snicker-like, Peanut Butter cups, chocolate bars, crisp bars, toffe bars and they are all good. i liked the snicker type and toffe least. you can get them at Walmart or pharmacies in the dieters section

http://atkins.com/howto/index.html ( for high Protein diet and how it can work. )

if you are eating high carbs dont try these they will turn into fat. but since must post op diets are high protien these may be an option for you!

michelle

Guest tjc08

I love the carbolite and Atkins bars.

I just heard that Russell Stover just came out with 8 varieties of low carb chocolates. You can order from their website www.russellstover.com or they are supposed to be at Walgreens and soon at Walmart. Can't wait to try them!

I am in love with chocolite bars- made by HealthSmart foods. one piece is definately decent size and@ 30-40 calories.

theres a reeses type, mounds type, almond joy type, pecan caramel, almond fudge, caramel crunch and a peanut caramel.

It can be tempting to eat the whole pakckage, but its 2 pieces so it makes it a bit easier.

wwww.healthsmartfoods.com

I also mixed some of their shake mix with the fitnutz Peanut Butter, for a creamy milkshake treat. Sometimes its too easy to indulge without really indunging!

A regular mini-sized snickers is 40 calories. I had one today. But I don't do low carb, just trying to keep low fat and low cal.

i just wanted to share a candybar that tastes good and most banders should be able to eat.

post op it seems that you must follow a high protien diet, if you are on one then the adtkins candy bars, carbolite, and pure delight are all chocolate bars that only have 0-3 carbs. they still have the fat in them but if you are consuming less than 20 carbs a day you can enjoy these yummy bars.

there are lots of flavors- snicker-like, Peanut Butter cups, chocolate bars, crisp bars, toffe bars and they are all good. i liked the snicker type and toffe least. you can get them at Walmart or pharmacies in the dieters section

http://atkins.com/howto/index.html ( for high Protein diet and how it can work. )

if you are eating high carbs dont try these they will turn into fat. but since must post op diets are high protien these may be an option for you!

michelle

High Protein shakes are good, icy and cold. Try them in a freezer until slushy on hot days...I never touched the Protein Bars. Anyways, I eat anything. LOL Just as long as I have my EAS Edge Protein every morning and/or night, I"m okay!!

They're not bad if you have a sweet tooth.

Personally, I'd rather have one real candy bar a week than one of those a day. YMMV.

One other thing I found that works for me if my head gets into "must have dessert" mode while watching TV or whatever. I scoop out a spoonful of regular Peanut Butter and I'll take literally 10 minutes just slowly licking it directly off the spoon. Something about Peanut Butter seems to fill me up and quench that craving, even just the 1 tablespoon amount as long as I go as slow as I can.

If I ate one candy bar I would eat 10 candy bars better to stay candy free. No Portion Control when it comes to candy.

I am in the liquid stage. Is s/f hard candy allowed? I am 6 days post op.

This one really hits home for me . I am not banded yet 2 more weeks till the big day. i have always been a big candy and soda eater . I am so worried that getting the band will not help this . I have been off of soda for 1 wk now. I want one but i resist , it getting a little easier. I just wonder if 6 mths after the band i will still be able to resist tempting food. If any one has this problem please give me some hints to help me.

What you eat when you are trying to lose and what you eat when you are in maintenance are different. And honestly you CAN eat candy. They may not be a good choice for weight loss or nutrition but for many they are slider foods (depending on which you choose). So work the band and your lifestyle the best way for you. If that means spending money on diet candy then go for it.

I prefer the occasional bit of the real thing. In fact I ate 1/2 of a fun size snickers tonight. :tongue2:

I have done diets where I had to have special or branded items and for me it just wasn't sustainable over the long term. It got to be tedious, in fact. So do what works for you, whether that's Atkins Candy or M & M's. Or ... no candy while you're losing.

thankyou restless monkey . Your reply helps with some of my fears about lap band.

thankyou restless monkey . Your reply helps with some of my fears about lap band.

The band is a big decision! And it can be frightening. I'm glad to help allay fears any way I can! :biggrin:

Some things we should be aware of and avoid (like eating the wrong things too soon on your post op "recovery" diet) and some things we fret over that don't really have to be an issue at all. :smile2: