Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Sanchez in Mexico...Good or Bad??? Help

Guest Sassafrass

Guest Sassafrass

Hey everyone... Im new to all of this. I really need info on A Doc. Rodolfo Sanchez in Monterrey Mexico...I am 21 years old and am 5'5 weighing 273 pounds...I dont know if the lap band works as well as I think it does and dunno any risks associated with it...I also called doctors around the St.Louis area and can not find any doctors except one that is chargeing 25,000 and 500 per fill..insurance doesnt cover this...So i would like to know about Doc. Sanchez in mexico or any other great lap band doctors thanks yall

Cassie

Several members her have used Dr. Sanchez and have had nothing but great things to say about him, Iam sure you wil lget lots of replies to this thread. You can also do a search in the upper right hand corner just type in Dr. Sanchez and Im sure something will come up! Good Luck t oyou :D

...I dont know if the lap band works as well as I think it does and dunno any risks associated with it...

Hi Cassie, and welcome to LBT!

Many people used Mexico as a surgury/pay option (so did I). But FIRST, before you go diving into a surgeon I would research the band itself, how it works, any complications/risks, and the benefits before actually choosing a surgeon. Then, once you have done a ton of research and are sure this is the option for you, then choose a surgeon.

Mexico is not the only option for self pay. There are are several people on the board that have self paid in the US. I have seen 12,500-16,000 a lot. I am sure that the people that know where this is will post, hopefully. I think the lowest I have seen was in Utah or Oregon or Texas.

This site offers a TON of information and there is a ton of posts in the archives. If you do a search (located in the upper blue bar) you will come up with a lot on each subject you put in. You could literally spend dayssss just on this site! But may I suggest a few more informative sites:

http://www.myagb.homestead.com/index.html

http://www.inamed.com/products/obesity/us/patient/lapband/faq.html

http://www.geocities.com/laylaburd/AGB/laylaslapband.html

http://www.geocities.com/michellojackson/NOT_AT_SWEET-SPOT.html

http://www.obgyn.net/english/pubs/features/roberta-surg/part-4.htm

http://www.sbnsurg.com/lap_band_surgery.htm

http://www.uclabariatrics.mednet.ucla.edu/resources/resources_videos.htm (this one has a fairly lengthy video that takes your through lap banding step by step....)

I hope you have a fantastic band journey! Good luck!

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Sanchez. He is a very experienced surgeon and a very nice man too.

Cassie

I LOVE Dr. Sanchez and his staff. I have nothing but great things to say about him. He has taken very good care of me. If I lived closer to Monterrey Mx. I would go there for my fills as well. Dr. Suesanna, his first assitant does the fills, she is the best fill doctor ever.

The hospital (Santa Engracia) is modern, with state of the art equipment.

I wish you the best and welcome to LBT.

I too am a huge fan of Dr. Sanchez...he is patient and caring and has been willing to answer all of my questions...he even answers his own cellphone and various questions....His staff is friendly and understand english (most of them) and the hospital is fabulous...I a more than satisfied with the entire procedure and post op care...and I was a self pay too.

Guest bjtravelgirl

I Also Want To Have The Lap Band Done. I Am Set For June 20th With Dr Sanchez In Mexico. If Anyone Has Any Words Of Wisdom Or Advice I Would Love To Hear From Them. Please!!!!!!!!respond.

Do ur homework and don't expect much of a consultation. I had three minutes in the elevator with Dr. Sanchez, LOL. I liked him and had done my homework so I really had no questions.

If you are super sensitive to pain take ur own (but tell the doc) because they give what I call Mickey Mouse pain pills. I took darvocett and he let me take it, but I did ask.

Take ur own pillow, it will make u more comfie and a headset to listen to relaxing music (it helped me).

If u are flying home through a big airport like Houston, ask ahead for a wheelchair (it was a life saver for me).

Walk as much as possible after they let you out of bed (I walked for three hours) it will help with gas.

Say hi to alma.

Get a cosmetic surgeon consult with Dr. C while down there. Alma can set it up. If u think u might want future Tummy Tuck or facial surgery. I had upper and lower eyes and ears done. My eyes look fabulous!! I am going back for tummy tuck in fall and lower face work maybe end of summer.

Have a good time and tell yourself this if you get nervouse "I will be so glad that I did this 6 months from now".

I had mine done in Jan. and I am so glad that I did. I have lost almost 20 lbs but I didn't have a high BMI like most gals...

Blessings...

Guest bjtravelgirl

thank you so much for your responce. my mother and i are both getting ours done on the same day. i really appriciate the extra advice that you have given me. thank you. i am 5 foot 4 29 years old and tired of feeling like a 50 year old woman. i am a bra size 44dd and am thinking about having a breast reduction and lift down the road, i am not sure how much i will lose but am looking forward to the rest of my life.thanks again.

billie landeros

boise idaho

bjtravelgirl- for you infor with my loss _ I went from a 44 d to a 36 b/c (I sort of feel I look really shriveled-or great grandma like- but it is so nice to have them smaller.) I also am still nursing but I have always spent the $ to get good support bras- now I just added some padding to make me feel a little rounder!

I live near st louis and My mother in law (also banded) has used Dr, Wagner for her fills. His price was relatively the same cost of going to Mexico for a fill (however we go to TJ- so just a priceline to San Diego) about $400 fore the ones with floro. But I haven't used him yet. I am stull on my first fill. I think they are more agressive in Mexico with their filling techniques- mom is on her second fill.