Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone doubt your decision...

Today I had my consultation with the surgeon today. Things went well. He was telling me about both RNY and the lapband. He told me about everything it seemed. I really like him and totally trusted him.

I have no idea how I can feel like I do after it though. I am so annoyed with myself that I've kept this weight on and now have to resort to surgery for help. I almost tried to talk myself into believing again that I could do it on my own. I've proven for the past 14 years that I CANT!!!

I'm going through the process and will not stop this time. Just wondered if anyone else did this too?

:lol:

Edited by myfunlife32

I started this process some years ago and chickened out promising myself that since I was so young, I could buckle down and lose the weight on my own. I felt embarrassed to resort to surgery for something I thought I could control. Needless to say, I gained about 30 pounds over the course of those 3 years.

I started the process again last year and promised myself that I would see it through and I did! I do not regret my decision nor the procrastination since we all do things in our own time and everything happens for a reason.

I wish you well in your journey.

I'm new here, too! I went to a surgeon almost a year ago, just after my 33rd birthday. The doc said I didn't qualify for surgery b/c I didn't weigh enough... but between me and EVERYONE, I think my insurance at the time was too much a pain in the arse for his staff to deal with.

Ahhhhhh... health care and politics!

Anyhoo, I have an appointment on Monday, and this time I should qualify. Up and down. Down and up. The scale has been my enemy for as long as I can remember. I feel your pain and share your annoyance having to "resort" to surgery. Ugh. Why US?

But I know for me, willpower is not the issue. And every diet, every fellowship, every steak drizzled with cheese (with a side of NO carbs) has left me (once again) standing in the corner, blowing up like a tick, and feeling like a failure.

I think it's time for us to put away the bats and stop beating ourselves up. So... I'm with you, sister! Onward, upward...

Myfunlife...if you do decide to go with the surgery route, please make sure you consider and research the other restricive and metabolic surgeries (Vertical Sleeve, Duodenal Switch, VERGITO) so you go for something that will really fit you and your new life.

You can check out descriptions/flash animation of the procedures I mentioned as well as Lapband and RNY at my doctor's website: www.johnhustedmd.com.

Some doctors only do lapband/RNY so they don't talk about all the options out there available. Just want you to be informed as possible!

Best of luck to you and your journey to better health!

i h avent been banded yet hopefully in july or august but i had been playing around with the thought of surgery for years in fact i went to a seminar in 2006 and kept holding on to my information packet intil november of 2007 in that time i tried to convince myself that i could handle my weight problem on my own but in the meantime i was steady gaining weight iv been to weight watchers off and on for years and would lose weight but always seemed to regain i approched my mom about weight lose surgery and she dident think it was a good idea and always replyed that i could do it on my own i finally came to the realization that i couldent turned my papers in and already have done my 6 months weight management i have an appointment next tuesday with the surgeon and will find out my surgery date i wish that i had of gone through with everything when i first went to the seminar but now i know im ready and im commited to this my mom has also came around and supports me 100% i feel like this is the best decision i have every decided to make not only for myself but also for my two children good luck to you trudi

Today I had my consultation with the surgeon today. Things went well. He was telling me about both RNY and the lapband. He told me about everything it seemed. I really like him and totally trusted him.

I have no idea how I can feel like I do after it though. I am so annoyed with myself that I've kept this weight on and now have to resort to surgery for help. I almost tried to talk myself into believing again that I could do it on my own. I've proven for the past 14 years that I CANT!!!

I'm going through the process and will not stop this time. Just wondered if anyone else did this too?

:eek:

I had so many reservations a few years ago and until i literally couldnt take care of myself in the health department (embarassing) I knew it was time to do something. I was banded May 23rd and so far it has been the best decision of my life. I think each of us has to get to their OWN bottom of the barrel before doing surgery. I was just tired of being TIRED.

I went back to my PCP to take the paperwork and talk more with him today. He nearly kicked my butt for doubting this. He reminded me of what I already knew. I'm not turning back!

I will get my phone calls for the psych eval and to schedule the UGI and other pre-surgery testing...then wait for insurance. I was told that it should be fast since my doc is on board and once all the info is and insurance approves my surgery date will be 2 weeks from then.

I'm so excited. I went to get a pedicure today and was looking through the magazines - I'm so excited to wear cute shoes and a dress while feeling like I look great!

Thanks for the reassurance! :angry: