Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ June 2008 Chat

good to hear from you Diane glad to hear things are going well!

have a great weekend

Good Morning Y'all,

Boy, I am not use to coming here and there aren't many posts! I sure do miss everyone's posts!

Eileen - I can't believe I beat you here today! How's things going chickie? Have you got into that pool yet?

Pat - We need to see some new pictures of you!

Diane - Glad things are going good for you!

Jessica - I forgot when you said your trip is?

Sherry - What's up for today? Have you been doing any riding?

Mandy - Where are you? How's Abi and how are you doing?

It's been hot here, high 90's but pretty. We are still working on the deck, it wasn't ready to stain but we got pretty much everything else done on it. I really do love it.

Catch y'all later!

Hey there Betty - You're right we've become a quiet group including myself. We're all just getting pretty busy from what I'm reading. Hopefully things will slow down for everyone and we'll all get back in here to write more :thumbup: The good party is we always know we have each other when we need it :(

Today was my son's high school graduation and we just got back from that. He had to be there for 10 and it seemed to take forever for people to get the thing rolling. SO many people where there and MANY came late. What cracked me up was at the end when the kids were walking out in their lines some of the parents got up and walked out in the middle of the line of kids. What the heck! They weren't smart enough apparently to realize that the kids were suppose to march out first then everyone else follows so in the middle of the video of the graduation these lucky kids will get to see their ding dong parents not waiting. Everyone was looking at them like they were nuts and HOW RUDE! We went out to a nice restaurant after the graduation with his father, aunt and grandmother. His grammy was so proud...she's 88 going to be 89 in August. She was sitting on an isle seat so when my son walked by in the line he bent down and kissed his proud grammy. Brought tears to my eyes. They have a very special bond...always have. She always says "That's my boy!" She told him today she didn't think she'd ever see this day (thinking she's too old and wouldn't make it.) My son turned to her and said Grammy you'll be doing this again in four years....she just hugged him. Anyway we had a wonderful time and I'm so proud of him :thumbup:

Tonight I've been invited to a big party that the Administrator of the account I do work for is having. I thought that was nice that I was invited considering I'm really an outside vendor that they've hired. I feel more like a part of their group then not really. Even they said the same thing...they don't feel that I'm someone they've hired they feel I work with them not for them. Nice feeling. So DH and I may ride the motorcycle there and stay for a few hours...not sure. It's so hot we may end up in the car just so we can have shorts on for the outdoor party. We don't ride the motorcycle with shorts...too many rocks and bugs hit you besides if you ever fell off you'd really mess up your skin.

It's 98.5 here in Southern Massachusetts today. My pool isn't clear yet :thumbup: DH has gone in it but, me...I need to be able to see the bottom so I know I'm not swimming with anything :blink:hahaha.

Betty - I haven't done much riding on my bike because of the accident I had a few weeks ago. I just now got the ok to do more stuff and to drive a car on my own. I might take her out for a spin tomorrow sometime. DH is off all day tomorrow at an Advanced Motorcycle Riding training class. He never took a formal riding class so I signed him up :thumbup: After completion he'll be eligible to get a discount on his motorcycle insurance so that will be nice.

Diane - I agree i like it when you unlock more stuff on the wii. Hopefully I'll get more time using it...I needed the ok and I have it now :thumbup: I love the hoola hoop hahaha Sounds like things with your job are nuts...I do hope it gets better for you.

Trish - Congrats on your band date. It will be here sooner than you know it. I know we all had the surgery jitters....something would be wrong with you if you didn't! You're going to do great and feel great after its all said and done. Then you'll be on your way to the healthier you, you're been wanting. Good luck and best wishes with it all.

Jetti - Any room in your suitcases for a Massachusetts stow-away? I'd LOVE to take a vacation away but, man with a kid headed to college it's tough. Not sure I'll be going away away anytime soon. First things first then I'll get there. Good deal on finding the better prices too. That's great! When did you say you were leaving?

Kat - I think you'd love the wii and the workouts and...it will keep your little visitors busy too :thumbup: Did I read you're going somewhere? I must of missed that post...if you are I hope you have a wonderful time. How is the healing going?

Pat - Ohhhh Pat...where is ya girlfriend? How are you doing? I know you must be out there on that Harley of yours :thumbup::( Hope all is going well for you.

Eileen- a Saturday and no post from our thread queen...our founder? Now I know we're all busy for sure hee hee. I miss ya girly...hope you're doing ok. How's the karate guy doing :Dancing_wub: we need pictures as proof ya know heh heh

Well....I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to bring to this "Open Barn" party tonight. What do you bring when they already have too much food and drink? I'm clueless...maybe a bottle of wine for the hostest I guess. I can't go empty handed...it just wouldn't feel right. So I better go figure out what the heck I'm going to do :thumbup:

Hugs to you all and have a wonderful Saturday!

Better late then never eh... or is it fashionably late haaaaaaa !!!

Hi Goils !!!!

Yesterday was insane !!!! insane I tell you. :incazzato: <--- love that guy.

OMG was it hot yesterday, after rushing in the morning to get me and dd ready, we went to karate and then a friend invited us to a lake where I sat (didn't swim ick) and roasted my nuts off. I had such a heat headache when I got home, you know the one where you feel like puking.

I dreamed of my pool all day, then when we got home and I uncovered the pool a freaking lightening storm decided to show up... back in the house... it passed....back to the pool...swam for a bit....another heat storm showed up....back in the house LOLOL OY VEY what a day LOL.

I want a Wii... but its not in the cards at the moment, things are just so freakin expensive and with gas prices so high its really killing us. The game sounds like so much fun though lol.:driving:

Sherry Congratulations to your DS for graduating :) Did you go to the party last night? sounds like fun but whats going on? isn't it to hot for june. I hate just standing outdoors and sweating...not even moving but yer sweating..and lets not forget sticking to chairs... ICK lolol. WTH?

Betty, I miss you guys too, sorry I wasn't here yesterday, I was completely insane trying to get out of the house. Whats shakin toots. Yes the pool is open and we started swimming in it memoral day weekend...how about you?

Jetti, you look great sweetie, your doing fantastic. Congrats on the trip, I'm glad you got a better offer. These days with the cost of everything, gas uuuugh, it feels good to save something $$$. Was it hot enuf for you yesterday OMG.... well... hold on to your britches because we're in for another round of this crap today LOL.

Kat you busy little bee. You have my head spinning with all you do. How are you feeling, my gosh you must look HOT!!! pictures? pictures? How's the family?

Dianne, good to see ya love, whats shakin in your neck of the woods? whatcha been up to?

Pat, I'm getting out the teeniest violin because you had to work the other day ROFLMFAO !!!! Hey Chickie, how's your grandson? been thinking of the little bugger lately and don't know why? How's Mom?

Trish welcome to the Joisey board.. and congrats on the band :huggie: how are you feeling love?

Where are the rest of the chicks? :sad:

Have a great weekend (whats left) and I'll see you next weekend or maybe this week if the boss is out :tt2:

Love & Miss you guys.

Eileen

Edited by NJChick

Good Morning Y'all!

It's nice to see more people here today. I was beginning to think we were a lost cause. lol

It's extremely hot here too, just really muggy. We went riding yesterday and I got so hot I wanted to come home. DH is always out in it, so it didn't bother him, but I got half a$$ed sick. I couldn't wait to get home and just jump in the pool and cool down.

I have been doing a little cleaning today, but I am trying to take it a little easy too. Lately I have worked so much I go back to work thinking I haven't even had time off. I have been tired all week and I am going to try to rest a little today.

We are supposed to get some storms tonight/tomorrow and it will probably just make it more muggy. UGH!

I was looking forward to spring, but as usual we never get much spring, we just turn the heat off one day and turn the air on.

Well, I am going to go finish up my chores and then try to get some R&R.

Later chickies!

Edited by Iluvharleys

Hey there Betty and Eileen, Nice to see you too :incazzato:

Its really hot here..yesterday was 98 in the sun and today is about the same. The cookout/barn open house was alot of fun last night but, I swear my hair turned into a brillo pad! My gosh it's extremely humid and my hair doesn't do well. All part of being a redhead I guess hahaha. My poor pool still isn't ready either so I can't jump in to cool off. We bought more chemicals and something extra to help with the cloudiness. Hopefully it will work and work fast!

DH is off to his motorcycle course today, it's 11:16am and DS is still sleeping GEESH! I'm in the middle of doing laundry and cleaning but, stopped to say HELLO...So HELLO hee hee

Gotta get back to work because if I sit too long....I won't get back to is UGH.

Hugs!

Eileen! so good to hear from ya!

How's everybody doing today? Yesterday, here in williamsburg VA, my outdoor thermometer read 102 degrees (that was in the shade!). DH went fishin' out on the boat....he said it'd be cooler out on the Water. He stayed under the T-top on the boat and drank plenty of Water and still got ill feeling from the heat.

We were supposed t go out today in the boat, but it's gonna be as hot as yesterday was!!!! that's for da boids! I checked the weather channel forecast for our area tomorrow and it said 104 degrees!!!!!!!! :eek:That otta feel reeeeeeeeeeeeal good 'round noon in that large metal warehouse building i work in!!!! UGH!

Stay COOL gals!!!!! (oops! I think I have "pool-envy") :incazzato:

hi ladies!!!!

my goodness it is hot here in NJ too!! I went out this morning because I had some returns to do and the one store didnt open until 12 and there was no way I was staying out to wait for it to open. I finished the rest of the returns and brought my butt back home to sit on the couch in the AC. I have a pool in the yard but it was just opened a few days ago and I was told we can go in it but its a little cloudy and that throws me off. I will just stay right here in the cool house today!

I leave for vacation on july 8th - YAY one month and I will be in paradise for 3 weeks!!!!!

hope all is going well with you ladies this weekend. stay cool, hydrated and be safe.

Wow girl 3 weeks away huh? My employer would have a fit...what do you do for work? Gosh that sounds so nice to be away for 3 weeks. Hmmm teach me how to get that where I work hee hee.

sherry I am so not looking forward to returning to work because I am the only one in my office that can do my job - I do scheduling of technicians and service billing. I wasnt sure if they would give me 3 weeks but I put in the request and 2 weeks later they approved it. the day that I got the OK I went straight to the travel agent after work and booked the trip so they had no time to change their minds!! its been a little crazy trying to shop for this trip because right now im shopping for me and my Karolina - my friend that is coming with me - because she is teaching in Poland right now and doesnt return to NJ until june 29th. so that will give us one week to get everything else together. I went as far as creating a google calendar with everything we need to do and when we are doing it. No minute that last week had been spared! but it will all be worth it when im on the beach!!!

?Trish welcome to the Joisey board.. and congrats on the band :) how are you feeling love?

I'm 2 days away from being banded. MAJOR Jitters. But at peace with the need for this surgery. Can't help a girl from being nervous though!

It is blazing hot this weekend. I figured I'd get my first dip of the season in the pool today since I probably will be banned until incisions heal. I HATED stepping outside in my swimsuit especially since the neighbors had company on their back deck. Deciding it would be best to jump in rather than stand there to be gawked at, I jumped right it! Unfortunately, I did it mid-way where the bottom slants down. My legs went right down on it and I screwed up my knee. This should make ambulation after surgery even more fun! I caught such grief from my family because the only reason I jumped in so quickly was to hide from being noticed! Boy, I hope moments like that will be HISTORY!

Keep cool all! I'll be back in touch after surgery! Keep positive thoughts and energy for me on Tuesday!

:)

-Trishadish

Good Morning Y'all!

Just a quick note to say hello. I was planning on riding my bike to work today for the first time and my DH got it out for me and now they are saying 70% chance of storms with hail. Needless to say, I am going to go out and put it back in the garage!

Trish - Keep busy today girl! And don't forget to come back and post how your surgery went! Good Luck and we'll be thinking about you!

Later!

good luck tomorrow Trisha youre going to do just fine!!! ask away to the ladies on this thread any questions you have they are the BEST!!

Hey gang, it's good to see so many returneees, sounds like we're all HOT chickies, LOL. Just can't please some of us, what 2-3 weeks ago we were all bitch'n because it was too rainy or too cold, oh yeah, what happened to spring?

Eileenie, darling gson is sleepin in my bed, I've got my fingers crossed all that Water he had for lunch doesn't seep out during his nap, "pop", forgot he had on his training pants and he's on my side of the bed :thumbdown:. Oh yeah, the mom's still psycho, I came home one day last week and she's in my freakn house, hanging out with my son and gson, waiting for them to get in the pool, I was pissed.

Jetti, I don't think I could stand being gone 3 weeks, 10 days is over the limit for me, 7 days is too many. Have fun!

Trish, you'll do fine tomorrow. So sorry about the knee, hugs!

Diane, I was wondering if you were going fishn Sat or Sun. I stayed in the pool all day Sunday, took a short jetski ride Saturday, but tried to stay cool for most of the day. Hubby and I went riding last night in the Corvette with the top down, about dusk, it was a great ride, until I started thinking ....this is no longer a "cheap" thrill, gas is at $3.89 at WaWa. And..I've got 24 vehicles on the road, yikes!

Speakin of hot on the Water, can you imagine how hot it is on the roof for my poor roofers. I tried to get them to just stay home tomorrow, it's supposed to be hottest day yet.

Sherri, too hot for the Harley, my blood would boil from the heat of the bike motor and the asphalt. What's DS going to do now that he's graduated?

Betty, I've riden to my office a couple of times, but I must say, I prefer the Corvette to the Harley now, either way the hair's screwed.

Oh yeah, Ms. Eileenie, I hired this young girl, I'm hoping she'll work out, I haven't had to work for 3 days :wink_smile:.

Boy I hope my bed's not wet :biggrin:

Ooops, Kat, how the heck are you? How's the new tummy and the new belly button. I'll bet you felt like a new woman once they pulled those drainage tubes...oh yea, big ouchie!

Picture time Kat...