Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ June 2008 Chat

Hmmm what did I do this weekend....

Friday was a date night...first night in a long time with no one else in the house besides me and hubby. Was weird but really nice :)

Saturday...Had a Medium & Tarot reader to the house for some friends. A family of friends (sisters) lost their mom last year to ovarian cancer and the youngest is really having a tough time...so I brought my friend who does mediumship here so they could have time with her. What a beautiful time really....lots of tissue...but lots of fun and laughter. Chrispy isn't a blood sister to them but, part of the family really so I got to see her again too :) Always nice to have friends around. Got the house nice and clean with DH's help...that was really nice so I was able to enjoy myself with my friends all afternoon.

Sunday...Taught a Reiki II class today and then took my son to a graduation party for a friend of his. I've known this friend of his since they went to grammer school together so it was fun seeing him and his parents at his party. Still feel like I"m getting old with these, what used to be little kids now men. Geesh where did that time go? Just got done paying bills...busy day....so hoping to catch a little TV before having to go to bed and starting the week all over again.

Weekends sure do fly by don't they ladies? Oh does anyone out there have a Wii? I have one and we got the Wii fitness program...I finally got the ok after my accident to not have to wear the neckbrace so I've been trying to do the Wii Fit a little each day. Well I've made 3 days so far and it's been fun. I'm hoping to do it at least 3 times this coming week...it's a start :thumbup: Gotta get this butt moving...my weight listing says 205 but that's in my dreams right now...I'm right back up to 211 AGAIN! 2.5 weeks of not being able to move or drive myself anywhere and BINGO...what did I do to keep busy? Oh yea all the bad stuff..the no no, instant weight to the hips and tummy no nos. Gotta get back on track.

Anyone interested in a exercise challenge this month? Yea yea I know Gun Ho at the beginning then peeter out but, hey it's worth a try so I figured I'd ask :thumbup: Walking counts......swimming counts.......sex..if it's more than 2 minutes counts HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am here too.....just been really busy, trying to get back to normal!

We took our grandkids, along with their families, and our good friends and their family to the local carnival, that is in town for our little Fiesta Days. Lots of vendors, and fun things going on especially for kids. Then today my friend and I took the 3 year olds back to the carnival for a Bracelet session so they could ride all they wanted. From there we went for ice cream---had a small cone---then home, and the kids played in the sprinklers. Rick grilled some steak, I hit the shower, and am ready for bed, and it has not even hit 9 PM yet!!

We also spent part of the weekend at the local API golf tournament----and BBQ cookoff contest.

I did ok, I took it easy, did not lift or do anything like that, just lots of walking!

My drainage from my incision has continued, but not worsened or anything, just is annoying!!!

Most of the strips are coming off now, the belly button is still fully covered in the steri strips, and shows no sign of them loosening, so not sure how it really looks yet!

Weight is coming down.....but I swell big time by evening!!!

They weighed me the day of surgery and I was 184.5. Then the next day I stepped on at home and weighed 198!!! Slowly it has dropped and is now averaging 177, I was down to 175---today I am back at 177!!! But with no fill at all, I am just thrilled for it not to be soaring upwards!!

I would love to get a Wii and try the workouts---let me know how they are Sherry!!!

Betty-----I actually bought a flying Monkey and was going to send it to the next one who went MIA----it is like a slingshot, you can shoot it flying across the room, but anytime it is moved it makes these screeching jungle monkey sounds----so I figured the mail people would freak out if it was in an envelope!!!

Well I am out of here and off to bed........

Hugs to all!!!

Thanks for the June thread!

Kat

Sherry, we've got the Wii, we've had lots of fun with the bowling and golf. I saw where Kmart had the fitness software for ?? $89.00 I think or there abouts.

Kat, don't over do it, where are the pictures :lol:

My office girl is sick and wants me to come answer the phones because it hurts her throat to talk, I'm not a happy business owner right now, LOL. At least she came to work.

Gotta run, take care every one.

Happy June everyone!

I went to visit my aunt and uncle down in no man's land this weekend with my mom. we did some shopping and just a bunch of relaxing. it was such a nice weekend minus the downpours saturday afternoon. It is so quiet down by them and can get a little scary when im the only one awake in the house and you cant see a damn thing outside!! but it was a good weekend. I got great news on my upcoming vacation to DR. there is a resort the my friend and I really wanted to stay at but it was more expensive so we booked at a different one. well i have been checking the price everyday for the last month and it has always been more money at one point I was just going to break down and book the more expensive one but at that point the price went up even more!! So I checked it on saturday and not only had the price gone down but it was even cheaper then the one we originally booked. so I cant my agent ASAP and he was like we are closing in 7 minutes but I will try to book the new one and then cancel the old one and call you back to confirm. I was bouncing around the house waiting for him to call back and I was chatting with my friend that is coming with me online and I wanted to tell her so bad but I didnt want to get her hopes up. so as we were talking the agent called me back and confirmed that he was able to change it so in the middle of my conversation with Karolina- my friend - I was like I have awesome news. And when I told her she was like How? what? are you kidding??? so it was really good news for us...YAY ME!!! :-) now I just need to make our final payment to the agent this week and we are all set. I have been trying to get some shopping done for it little by little but this is the one time that weight loss is being a pain in my booty. I dont want to buy anything now and then have it not fit when we are leaving. so we are going to make a shopping schedule for when she comes home - she is teaching in poland right now and will be coming home 1 week before we leave. so we will be shopping for 3 weeks worth of supplies in a 1 week period. goodthing we both love to shop!! sorry im rambling im just very excited about this trip.

have a great day!!

Hey Pat...yea that's about right on the price although my son works for a video game place so I get it with his discount :eek: Talk about an accurate scale...nothing like stepping on the thing and it says OHH hahaha. You pick a wii me and she's thin...umm until you step on the dang scale and you watch the BMI thing go up as it goes up your "me" gets fat ZOIKS. The dang thing looks down at her belly too hahaha. It is alot of fun...hula hoops, skiing, step aerobics even balancing, stretching, strengthening workouts. Its fun and since you can change between the exercises the time goes by quickly. It's just getting your ARS on the thing in the first place UGH.

My friend just dropped off some CDs for me to try Hip Hop Abs and some of the Turbo Jam series. She's a coach on BeachBody and I joined her team hoping she could motivate me. Well I have those CDs and she's sent me links to WOWY from Beachbody to join her in exercising. I'm signed up for Saturday and Sunday to workout with her so we'll see how that goes :) She's also one of my Reiki students so I told her she needs to teach her teacher hahaha

Work is still nuts.....DH is putting a ceiling fan in our bedroom so I have to run and help him :) you know clean up the mess UGH. Plaster all over my sheets ewwwwwwww. bye for now honey bunnies

I hear those things are really fun! I haven't seen one yet!

Sherry you are a busy bee! I don't know how you do it all!

Pat - Hope your gal is better tomorrow!

Jessica - glad you got a better deal! Now you have extra to spend!

Well, nothing much new here, just working.

Hello to everyone else!

Betty I agree that I now have more money to spend since I got a savings on my vacation. I need 3 weeks worth of clothing and supplies so any extra savings is welcome!

hope all is well with everyone!

that wii fitness thing sounds fun I would probably hurt myself but still sounds good...have fun!!!

Hi to the Jersey crowd--

Just got my approval on Monday (YEA!) and I am scheduled for my band next Tuesday (YIKES). Now the nerves are starting and I just want this done!

I hope that I will be as successful as all of you seem to have been. I have a LONG road ahead of me with about 150 lbs that need to GO!

I have twin boys (teens) that I need to be in much better shape to keep up with! We've always done lots of adventures but they often dared near kill me as I always forced myself to keep up. I look forward to the day when I can do things much easier than I do today. Please send positive energy my way next Tuesday! Thanks!

-Trishadish

CONGRATS TRISHA!!!! My nerves were fine until I got on the operating table and my eyes started crying out of nowhere. the nurse and doctor rubbed my arm and said it would be ok and 2 seconds later I was knocked out and the next thing I remember is waking up.

what doctor are you using if you dont mind me asking?

Hello Y'all!

Boy, the winds are so high here today. I came home and my pool is so full of leaves etc. I guess I have to go out and clean it up some because it just keeps falling and it will really be a mess by tomorrow. Not my favorite job though.

Congrat Trisha! At least you won't spend weeks worrying, your time will come very fast!

Where is everyone at? I hope this thread isn't falling apart.

Mandy girl, what's up? It's really unusual for you not to post, are you alright?

Pat just because you had to go to work don't mean you can skip here!

Sherry miss busy bee, what's going on today?

Kat hope your trip to texas is going good.

Jessica how is your trip planning doing? Did you find all kinds of stuff to wear?

Eileen hope you are not working too hard. I miss your posts!

Miss retirement Cindy, come and say hello!

Well, I know I missing some, but the mess outside is calling my name so I better do it before I run out of energy.

Catch you all later!

Talk about an accurate scale...nothing like stepping on the thing and it says OHH hahaha. You pick a wii me and she's thin...umm until you step on the dang scale and you watch the BMI thing go up as it goes up your "me" gets fat ZOIKS. The dang thing looks down at her belly too hahaha. It is alot of fun...hula hoops, skiing, step aerobics even balancing, stretching, strengthening workouts.

I just ordered a wii for my sons as their 8th grade graduation present. After I drop a few pounds, I think I'll get the wii fit for moi ! (At the moment I exceed their max weight limit).:wink2:

UGH.

-Trishadish

Hey there everyone I have had you all on my mind even tho i havnt been posting pardon the lack of proper punctuation etc but my keyboard is going glitchy

kat sounds like everything is healing up quite well so happy for ya

jessica FANTASTIC

hey there folks been thinkin of you all even tho i havnt been posting pardon the lack of punctuation my stupid keyboard has gone glitchy on me

kat so glad youre doing so good so happy for ya that you were able to have the tt and that things are healing so well

jessica YEA terriffic about the DR trip accomodations

pat thanks for letting me vent and for giving me food for thought

i am still having a very hard time of it with the way the job is going so tired of feeling ill over this chit it takes a tremendous amount of energy to just get out the door to go there every morning its also one of the biggest reasons for not posting here lately

the only thing that seems to get me off my tush at the end of the day is the Wii fit. Pleasant mindless distraction and exercise at the same time what more could ya ask for LOL

sherry hows the wii fit age workin out for ya I kinda like that and i like the way you get more exercises and games unlocked as you do more my SIL wants one and cant find one for under 150 YIKES ive know for a long time that id want one so i preordered from Amazon.com for the 89.00 glad i did its been fun and easy and it must be working because my quads are so sore today

ok betty who are the monkeys after LOL