Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV Thread for the May Bandsters!

My biggest accomplishment has been getting off my blood pressure pills, prilosec and two of my three diabetes medications. The last diabetes medication that I am taking is half the normal dose. My rings are also getting too big.

I had to clean out my closet today of all the clothes that no longer fit...for the SECOND TIME since surgery!!!:thumbup:

Me too, Michelle!! My XL's and 18/20's are hanging. Like you mentioned in your other thread, don't want that saggy-butt!! Laughed when I read that one. I discovered I'm walking on my pants' hems because of losing so much butt! Even my 16's are getting baggy.

My mother says I have joined the ranks of the no-ass-at-all-Levys! I'll take that as a compliment for now!

I am in 14s and loving it. I am really hoping for 12s or smaller by the end of the year.

The best NSV was having a fellow LBTer come to visit. We were wandering around window-shopping and we walked into a very upscale shop at Caesar's Forum Shops.... I was trying on "L" fur coats right off the rack!

If it wasn't for the $20k price tag, that would have so been mine!

Way to go, Felicia!!!

I discovered last night I now can sit and cross my legs to put on my socks and boots...no more funky steps to accomplish this!!!

I bought new jeans yesterday because all my pants are falling off me. The pair I ended up getting are Levi's skinny jeans in a size 13! Thats right, juniors sizes! The last time I fit into juniors sizes I was probably in 9th grade. I was so excited, even though they wern't cheap. Woo!

OK so I have been wearing the same bra since surgery (now down 80 some lbs) and yesterday I found a smaller size bra in the back of the closet and it fit Thats not the NSV part tho. When I put it on all of a sudden the girls were back where they were suppose to be! So today I am standing a little bit taller. I don't care what it takes I am getting new bra every 20lbs from now on.

Congratulations to all of you. I love reading about nsv's. Can't wait till I can add some myself. Keep up the good work ladies.

I had this really cute pair of jeans in the top of the closet. I pulled them out today to show hubby and on a whim I tried them on even though they looked tiny. And guess what....THEY FIT! They are now on my body and no longer in the top of the closet!

Standing beside a friend who encouraged me to have the surgery....made the comment..."I wear an adult medium".

I honeslty had to replay that in my head and MAKE myself say..."ME TOO!!!"

I bought a snugger pair of Lee's 14 jeans...DH told me to go get a smaller size because they were hanging off my booty. Well, I got a 12, tried them on for him, and he still said they were too big. Actually, they fit perfect, but have boot legs...he doesn't like that and told me to go buy some skinny jeans or straight legs. Why this NSV? Because he's NEVER requested me to wear one particular thing...and I like this (for now-ha!) On top of that, he ordered me a Victoria's secret catalogue...TF!!!!!

2 MAJOR NSV'S FOR ME, PLEASE!

1. OK, I may have cried :tongue: in the shoe section of my local department store yesterday! For me this is a HUGE NSV!!!

For years I have been dying for a sexy pair of tall, pointy toe black leather boots -think: the friends episode where Monica spends like $1200 on a really hot pair of boots and they were gorgeous but she couldnt walk in them and Chandler ended up having to give her a piggy back ride around NY.

Anyway i could never find a pair that I could zip up over my calves...That is until yesterday! YAY! And they are not even wide width or made for large calves!!! They are so cute, I cried!! I even made hubby take pictures of them on me in the middle of the shoe section and send them to my mom's cell phone for her to see, lol!

2. According to my newest BMI reading, I am OBESE. Yes, I know most people would not be happy with being called obese, but for me, coming from MORBIDLY OBESE, being just obese..this is HUGE! CAUSE I AM NOT SO HUGE ANYMORE, YAY CHIQUITA!!! (Chiquita is my band, hehe...:lol:)

Keep it up May Flowers and Shrinko De Mayo's we are doing GREAT :sad_smile:

Yea Michelle, that's great!! I can finally get back into mine and they ARE for wide calves! But I still know how exciting it is to be able to wear some tall black boots!!