Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

I'm new to this board but I've been stalking it for a while and I'm stoked to say that after starting this journey in Nov. 2007, I have completed all my tests, have insurance approval,and my date for surgery is July 18! Dr. Argotte in Paducah, Ky is who I'm seeing and I couldn't be happier. Thanx to everyone on here for loads of info and motivation. I will definitely stick around!:smile2:

Welcome Toogoode! I've added your name to the list I have in Word and will add it here in a couple days along with others who come on until them. (And will continue to update it every few days.)

Any name ideas?

I have my surgery scheduled for July 3rd!!!! I am so excited! When I leave the hospital on the 4th it will be my "Independence Day!"

Wow- some list! (its exciting isnt it?).. wish I could think of a funky 'July' name for the group... I'm racking my brain.... 'The long hot summers'?-THLS'S? ... 'The shrinking violets'? (has that been used before?)... 'Bikini or bust'? 'Summer sisters'?.....

M x

What about "Shrinking Sparklers" or " '08 Freedom Finders", I love the 4th of July and I think it would be great to use it as a theme.

hi, i missed the post on supplies, do you have more stuff that will be needed?

I would appreciate it, im having examinations on friday, i still feel kinda cared about all this. Any advice will be great. Good luck!! Thanks , Sonya

Edited by Curesmile
to add

Hello my fellow July bandsters...thank goodness your making a list, I tried to make one for the July 2008 monthly support thread, but it was kinda lame...so far we have 19, and some here are not on that list so if anyone cans spruce up that list, that would be awesome! I'm sooo excited, this is my 3rd time scheduling the surgery and it is working out... yea!!! I'm still kinda skeptical but I pray that it will all work out cause this is just the tool I need to become healthier. My hope is that my 4 yr old and 2 yr old won't remember me as this fat. Next year I hope to be a lot slimmer and more energized. I'm so freakin excited I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the best to everyone getting banded, I'm so excited for us...

I am July 1st!!!!! will not know surgery time until day before, but have been busy with pre op testing. Did chest X-ray and EKG Tues. Also blood and urine tests, have a barrium swollow tomorrow and that should be last test (did psych eval. 2 weeks ago) I go next Friday for pre-op paperwork and meet anestesiaologist (spell wrong sorry).

My surgery is going to be at University of IL in Chicago, and I live almost 2 hrs. away with traffic. Mine is outpatient and I am nervous about a long car ride home after surgery (I will be passenger) hopefully I don't get car sick.

So excited as I am sure everyone is! It feels like such a long road to get here and can't wait to start the "NEW ME"!!!!

Tillydog: Congrats on your surgery date. That is wonderful.

Would it be possible for you to stay in a motel/hotel overnight? You would probably feel better the next day for a long ride. :teeth_smile:

WooHoo!! We have the same surgery date. I am July 15th as well. Keep in touch I will be curious to see how we feel the next day.

:biggrin:

Hi Susan

Got my date for July 15; it is my birthday gift to myself. BMI of 64 with a goal weight of 250; that is down from 476.

Dr Earl Fox

Kennewick WA

Little ol me in the UK..I'm going to Belguim and being banded on the 9th July!!- going through a saying 'good bye' to certain foods.. stage at the moment- does that make sence??

Good luck to all

M x

You bet it makes sense. I have been saying goodbye to several different foods this week.

Hi everyone! I got my date yesterday!!! July 16. I can't believe my insurance approved so fast. It took 1 day. I am still in shock and a little nervous. Good luck everyone!