Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

Hi Shonda, good luck tomorrow. I am also getting banded in Colorado. Met with my surgeon today and everything is a go. Keep in touch and we can compare notes. Tomorrow will be a new beginning for us. Take care and best wishes.

lynlynkr-do you know why my left side would be hurting? It started on Sunday. I feel tired a lot to. I am not back to normal and I was banded on July 4th. Could the band be slipping? I hope you can help me.

I am praying for you tomorrow.....a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

31 healthysue

31 skinnyme52

31 Banditmel

Sorry about the delay. My computer blew up Saturday night and I just couldn't find enough time to get to this at work. But the computer is back thanks to great customer service at Dell so I updated the list. Tomorrow the last July Butterfly goes in. Can any of you believe that July would go so quickly and that getting banded would actually happen?!

Updated July Butterflies

1 wsw27

1 tillydog

1 doedoe1961

1 staylucid

1 mygirlayanna

1 eisermanr7

1 rdk211

1 Mrs J.J

1 lasthope

2 minidriver

2 slim2be

2 BethO

2 mrsgriffin2u

2 trudeip

2 Barbiek

2 annabella

2 SanDiegoSusan

2 anita reyna

2 jjenkins2411

2 Hollins2003

2 makhie

3 BigBander

3 scoutmama

3 2GoodDogs

3 kimlam

3 dazzle1

3 kandyss

4 joiful

7 ginnyc

7 AmyWA

7 Redheada

7 Busybee

7 Barb12590

7 clusk

7 boxerlover7

8 blaze 21

8 Louisville Lesa

8 zeama

8 cinda

8 JaJeanne

8 innwtitdtity

8 knd

8 Dtobe175ish

8 colacoca

8 Mommy,ArmyWife

8 caybachman

8 LibbyS

8 sallen21

9 Sarv

9 MarylandMommy

9 siouxsie Sioux

9 Rivieramaya05

9 lalaredd

9 flowers

9 kmorrow27

9 AliNSanDiego

9 j holm07

10 sallen21

10 Goobe

10 2Blite4life

10 melmel

10 Fancy Nancy

10 vannie

10 77Shell

10 wstone

10 mac281

11 falloons

11 melallot

11 lbevilacqua

11 debbles

13 OvrLvl

14 MaidMarion

14 Chellets

14 pbpunisher

14 mrsjones0728

14 lindsaylee74

15 Fearless55

15 Flowerpurr

15 pschmolle

15 perfectforme

15 azoreangal

15 Melody2006

16 eyespy

16 lisainbohemia

16 lotzasunshine

16 SciTeach

16 lynlynkr

16 michkor

16 jomomma

16 Charlene K

16 nanaislosingit

16 aclubb

16 GBear

16 JackieK

16 Lalion

17 3m’smom

17 tnag86

17 ocbreeze4u

18 toogoode4u

18 CapitolChick

18 azbanded

18 PDXBandster

18 Livingwell

18 MyMeshelle

18 debsta

21 clayverde

21 PennyLane

21 g p anderson (and dad)

21 boos02

22 TeriVA

22 kimaly

22 lleighton5

22 Choromom

22 annesan

22 moocatschade

22 Maudie

22 lmbmkm

22 thatDEgirl

22 puterlady

22 ready2diet

23 BABOOMER

23 shellbell99

23 Ellie’s mom

23 Tadpole

23 SLIM SLY

23 mrslbs

24 nyllrap

24 linksmom

24 lisadental

24 frypan

24 getthin

24 Lisa B – moved to August 7th L

24 MeganMatters

24 IcantWeight

24 Katarina

24 kw3

25 Kiki220

25 Nachtigall

25 losing it!

25 countrygirl0767

25 afw

25 new2me

25 thatDEgirl

28 splfrd

28 mamanmidwife

28 vonnegutk

28 Dalene

28 BeverlyDiane

28 mickey123

28 truediva (and husband)

29 Cherub

29 Jersey Boy

29 zillyanne

29 trialsnurse

30 orea15

30 angie61

30 mich

30 ebvillal

30 ShondaN

31 healthysue

31 skinnyme52

31 melaniematters

31 skinnymike

Susan, It is a little puffy knot right at the top of the long port scar.

I live in florence Al. About 2 Hour to my Dr. We got to go to Birimgham

Al mon. My Husband is very sick. 2 years ago he had cancer in his voice box. With treatment it when away they said, He had test last week and it has come back. So for the next few week my mind will be on him.

He was even to sick to go with me when I had surg. We need alot of

prayers.Thank everyone For your support. And a special thanks to

you Susan

Love, Mackie

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this Mackie. :thumbdown: I can't imagine what you are going through and my best positive wishes are being sent your way. Please feel free to post here or message me if you need any support/help/venting. Don't forget to take care of yourself as you are taking care of your husband and if anyone ask what they can do - tell them! People really do want to help.

All my thoughts are with you.

Hugs,

Susan

Frome Joiful -

lynlynkr-do you know why my left side would be hurting? It started on Sunday. I feel tired a lot to. I am not back to normal and I was banded on July 4th. Could the band be slipping? I hope you can help me.

To Joiful -

Well, I am going to start with the obvious - have you had a bowel movement? Has all of the operative gas passed your system?

My suggestion would be to call your physicains office. When do you see your doctor next? I am sure your physician would want to hear about anything you think is concerning. I think slippages are rare, but can happen. I think like most people we tend to worry about the worst case senerio; usualy it isn't the case, but it is worth investigating. Let us know what you fine out.:thumbdown:

SanDiego - July did go by fast. Thanks for keeping the list going. It was fun to see our list grow and so many people added. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm 10 days banded and feeling great, but ready to get away from liquids!

Kathy

I can't beleive that it is Aug. I hope everone that has been banded the last couple of days is doing well. My surgery went very well and only lasted 35 min. I did spend the night in the hospital due to dizziness from anesthesia and no support at home (no support at home is a long story). So glad I have been given this opportunity to start a new healthier life. Thanks to all for your support.

Shonda

My left side pain comes and goes. Yes, I have bowels movements but they are not easy. I read some other threads that had this as a discussion I think it is pretty common. I wonder if you can still have gas inside of your body. Also my stomach seems to still be puffy. I don't have appt. until a week from this coming Monday. So I will try stool softners see if that helps. I need to get Senekot I heard works will with out your movement being to harsh, you know what I mean?

So no one has heard from Orea yet? I sent her a private email also. I have had some sent to me but I don't know how to find them. Glad someone knew what doctor and hospital she went to and she went home.

Butterflies,

I have heard from Orea and she is fine and states surgery went well. She will post later as she is very, very sleepy and needs to recover a bit. Till later...:cursing:

Hi

i was banded July 24th i have lost 12 oounds including two week preop diet i seem to be stuck its been 13 days since surgery - i have been walking but still have gas and pain - very frustrated i do all this and im stuck already andim only on liquids!!!!!!! this was my fear that it would not work

:cry_smile:

The first six weeks is for healing, not losing. If you do lose, ti's great, but not everyone will. The band doesn't work until it is properly adjusted, which is different for each individual. It may take 2 or 3 or 6 or even more fills for the band to start reducing our appetite the way we want it to. We need to keep the faith, do our best to follow the rules, and develop patience.

If you follow most of the rules most of the time, you'll be 50 to 100 pounds lighter this time next year. Hold that thought.

Hugs,

Orea

(Off to my first postop appointment!):cry_smile:

Hi Frypan

I have taken the advice of my doctor and walked, walked, walked! Do anything that keeps you active. I have not weighed myself one time but can tell that I am loosing inches by measuring if I have lost inches (or millimeters) ha! Get yourself a tape measure and see if you have lost - DONT weigh yourself! Exercise, excercise, exercise and drink lots of Water. YOU WILL DO IT!

I haven't lost anything in the last couple of weeks. There has to be a reason why maybe the stress from surgery. I am still doing very well on what I am choosing to eat. So I am changing the foods so sooner or later it will come off.

My family is even changing with out any fits. Last night I baked fresh peaches. I put cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and when they were done sprinkled with Splenda. It was sooo delicious. It was dessert that was good for you. Tonight I have some really rippen bananas. I am going to try a copy cat of bananas foster. This way I am still getting something sweet but it is really good for me. I am even eating fish tonight, I hate fish but I have to look at food differently and think of it as fuel for my body and try not to have my life evolved around food. So I will try to make the fish as good as possible , I just have to do it and tell myself this is the way it is.

You can too. We all can!

Edited by joiful

I was banded exactly 3 weeks ago today. I feel outstanding, but my scales are stuck at 181.

I am exercising, eating better, great attitude, and trying to maintain some portion control(this is my biggest challenge)

I have not re-measured myself, but I know I am losing inches - I feel it.

You are right; it is a time for healing and we are in it for the long haul. We are so use to instant gratification; but good things come to those who wait:sneaky:

I am soooo looking forward to new numbers. Every moring I think today will be 179 but alas, still 181. OK, I will "keep on truckin" (a product of the 70's).:cry_smile: