Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

I'm not going to go through a list and try to determine who added what names or whose date has changed. I have added everyone who has told me their dates but I don't trust the cut and pasted lists because people add their info but not everyone before them and it gets too confusing. If you want to tell me your date you can tell me, otherwise I will keep posting the list I have.

I'm not going to go through a list and try to determine who added what names or whose date has changed. I have added everyone who has told me their dates but I don't trust the cut and pasted lists because people add their info but not everyone before them and it gets too confusing. If you want to tell me your date you can tell me, otherwise I will keep posting the list I have.

SanDiegoSusan,

I was banded on July 7th. Doing pretty well. I just want to say THANK YOU for all your effort and the time you spent listing The July Butterflies! I for one, have felt it has been a lot of support for me to know that I belong to this group. Thanks for getting us together!:biggrin2: Hope you are doing well! Barb

I was banded on July 16th.....doing pretty good. Those of you who are waiting for surgery, it is not as bad as you have imagined. Sure there is pain, but your doctor does not want you in pain or nauseated. I took a pill for nausea that last for 48hrs, and after surgery I only needed one shot of tordol for pain. I am on day four, I have a little pain, but not worth taking liquid tylenol. I wish all of you a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Thanks for the nice words Barb. This thread has been helpful to me too - just the mental support of knowing everyone is doing this with me is great! And I am doing great - I think I had the best surgery experience ever!

Charlene - nice encouragement! I told my surgeon how prone I was to motion sickness and I am pretty sure they gave me some powerful anti-nausea drugs because that was NEVER an issue for me. (Although I am almost never nausea unless on a boat or backseat of a car, etc.) So if you are worried about/prone to nausea let the doctors know and they may be able to help you prevent it!

I first signed up on this forum in December of 2007. That was when I decided Lap Band was the right choice for me; since then my life has been so full of other personal issues that I didn't believe I'd be going for my procedure anytime soon. However, just under 2 weeks ago I was advised I'd be having my surgery July 24, 2008, this Thursday! I've been on Clear Liquids since July 17th and I have to admit, it's really not that bad (minus the current smell of Breakfast sausage looming in the air :scared2:). Just 4 more days to get through, I can't weight!

My first post...POST OP!:scared2:

I just got banded yesterday and everyting went GREAT! I ended up losing 11 lbs on my pre-op diet (which was totally unexpected!!!) and my surgeon was very pleased with that. The surgeon was running pretty late that day, but other than that things went off without a hitch.

I'm home right now being completely spoiled by my sister. My only tiny concern is with one of my incisions. The sticky glue came off over night on a smaller one and we called the doc on-call and he said that is perfectly normal and to put some bandaids on it.

I don't even feel like I have the band in! I'm feeling no restriction or funny feelings. But that could be the pain meds :wink2:

Anyway- just wanted to say 'hi' to everyone and let you all know my progress. I hope all you other July 18 bandsters did well yesterday and I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

Much love to everyone!!!:biggrin2:

Welcome IcantWeight and fellow Missourian. You'll find everyone here very friendly and helpful.

Congratulations PDXBandster and all other newly banded. Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Monday blessings for clayverde, PennyLane, g p anderson (and dad) and all others being banded. Everyone have a good evening and do not forget to post to the July Butterflies Master Thread.

Hi Susan--hope I can get added to the july list. i was banded on the 14th in NY by the wonderful Dr. Cerabona. Things have been just fine--some gas, almost no soreness after day 2, and some fatigue from the limited number of calories. also, after getting banded, i keep having these dreams where i eat something then suddenly remember about the band--pretty funny.

hope everyone's doing well!

Updated July Butterflies

1 wsw27

1 tillydog

1 doedoe1961

1 staylucid

1 mygirlayanna

1 eisermanr7

1 rdk211

1 Mrs J.J

1 lasthope

2 minidriver

2 slim2be

2 BethO

2 mrsgriffin2u

2 trudeip

2 Barbiek

2 annabella

2 SanDiegoSusan

2 anita reyna

2 jjenkins2411

2 Hollins2003

3 BigBander

3 scoutmama

3 2GoodDogs

3 kimlam

3 dazzle1

3 kandyss

4 joiful

7 ginnyc

7 AmyWA

7 Redheada

7 Busybee

7 Barb12590

7 clusk

7 boxerlover7

8 blaze 21

8 Louisville Lesa

8 zeama

8 cinda

8 JaJeanne

8 innwtitdtity

8 knd

8 Dtobe175ish

8 colacoca

8 Mommy,ArmyWife

8 caybachman

8 LibbyS

8 sallen21

9 Sarv

9 MarylandMommy

9 siouxsie Sioux

9 Rivieramaya05

9 lalaredd

9 flowers

9 kmorrow27

9 AliNSanDiego

9 j holm07

10 sallen21

10 Goobe

10 2Blite4life

10 melmel

10 Fancy Nancy

10 vannie

10 77Shell

10 wstone

10 mac281

11 falloons

11 melallot

11 lbevilacqua

11 debbles

13 OvrLvl

14 MaidMarion

14 Chellets

14 pbpunisher

14 mrsjones0728

14 lindsaylee74

15 Fearless55

15 Flowerpurr

15 pschmolle

15 perfectforme

15 azoreangal

15 Melody2006

16 eyespy

16 lisainbohemia

16 lotzasunshine

16 SciTeach

16 lynlynkr

16 michkor

16 jomomma

16 Charlene K

16 nanaislosingit

16 aclubb

16 GBear

16 JackieK

16 Lalion

17 3m’smom

17 tnag86

17 ocbreeze4u

18 toogoode4u

18 CapitolChick

18 azbanded

18 PDXBandster

18 Livingwell

18 MyMeshelle

18 debsta

21 clayverde

21 PennyLane

21 g p anderson (and dad)

22 TeriVA

22 kimaly

22 lleighton5

22 Choromom

22 annesan

22 moocatschade

22 Maudie

22 lmbmkm

22 thatDEgirl

23 BABOOMER

23 shellbell99

23 Ellie’s mom

23 Tadpole

23 SLIM SLY

23 mrslbs

24 nyllrap

24 linksmom

24 lisadental

24 frypan

24 getthin

24 Lisa B

24 MeganMatters

24 IcantWeight

25 Kiki220

25 Nachtigall

25 losing it!

25 countrygirl0767

25 afw

25 new2me

25 thatDEgirl

28 splfrd

28 mamanmidwife

28 vonnegutk

28 Dalene

28 BeverlyDiane

29 Cherub

29 Jersey Boy

29 zillyanne

29 mickey123

30 orea15

30 angie61

30 mich

30 ebvillal

31 healthysue

31 skinnyme52

31 Banditmel

I am having my surgery on 7-29-08. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am thankful about this website for the support and encouragement. Good luck to everyone!:ohmy:

I was banded July 2. Where the band was put in has got red and sore.

but ok now. I'm doing fine but the gas is bad. Hate the Water, but I'm drinking it.Hope everone in July is doing great.

Best wishes to all

Mackie:thumbup:

I hope mo one thinks I am lucky and maybe my problem is unusual but here it is.

I was banded on the 11th of July.

I can't eat more than a couple of mouthfulls of food a day, nor can I drink more than a litre of Water. I get too full. I get that Christmas dinner feeling after half a glass of milk and it lasts for hours. I do take a multivitimin but a tablet as the chewable ones make me gag.

I am only concerned about malnutrition. I had that happen once before and I cannot go thru my hair falling out in clumps like a cancer patient.

I am trying a fruit and yogurt Protein shake in the morning....sips of Water as often as I can but then I really have to try and eat at night. I managed half a hotdog. That cannot be good for anyone. I hate that bloated feeling. I have it now after about half a pint of smoothie in around 40 minutes.

I am not due for a fill until the second week of August.

I can't eat more than a couple of mouthfulls of food a day, nor can I drink more than a litre of Water. I get too full. I get that Christmas dinner feeling after half a glass of milk and it lasts for hours. I do take a multivitimin but a tablet as the chewable ones make me gag.

I am only concerned about malnutrition. I had that happen once before and I cannot go thru my hair falling out in clumps like a cancer patient.

I am trying a fruit and yogurt Protein shake in the morning....sips of Water as often as I can but then I really have to try and eat at night. I managed half a hotdog. That cannot be good for anyone. I hate that bloated feeling. I have it now after about half a pint of smoothie in around 40 minutes.

Maybe you need to call your doctor. You may be lactose intolerant or something else is going on. Your doctor does not want you to be nauseated. I contacted mine when I was nauseated and they sent out a medication. I have alot of gas too and can't purp. I just took a gas-x strip and will see what that does.