Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

Hi everybody. I wanted to start this thread to document the plastic surgery journey that we are about to start on. Frangipani & I both were banded last August and have each lost over 100 pounds. Since we have been traveling the lapband road together and now are about to have PS at the same time (me on June 12 & Frangi on June 13) we thought it would be appropriate to share a thread.

We have both learned so much from those who have gone before us and our hope is that our stories can be of some value to others.

I am having a lower body lift and medial thigh lift. All of my pre-op testing is done and now I'm just nervously waiting for my big day, which is less than two weeks away! I will post clothed before and after pictures for sure and I'll have to think about more revealing pictures later.

Becky:

Thanks to you and Frangipani. We learn so much from those who go through things we hope to go through.

Best wishes to both of you for quick recovery and fabulous results!

I am a jealous fellow bandster.:( Maybe I'll be having plastic surgery next summer. I have 32 pounds to goal, and then the plastic surgeon that I'm considering likes someone to be at goal for at least 6 months.

Best wishes for flat tummies!

Sue

Becky,

LOL at your title for the thread :cool2::lol::wink2:!

So true what you said about all that have gone before us. This area of the forum is just about 100% responsible for giving me the confidence to go through with all of this. Thank you so much to all that have so generously shared your journeys.

I've mentioned this in the forum before, but I'll be having a full Tummy Tuck, breast lift with implants and some GYN surgery. The GYN surgery is something that I have been needing for some time, but the plastic surgery is the thing that gave me enough motivation finally go ahead and get this taken care of.

Becky, I have to say once again that I am so happy and excited for you!!! :(:thumbup::thumbup:

Becky:

Thanks to you and Frangipani. We learn so much from those who go through things we hope to go through.

Best wishes to both of you for quick recovery and fabulous results!

I am a jealous fellow bandster.:( Maybe I'll be having plastic surgery next summer. I have 32 pounds to goal, and then the plastic surgeon that I'm considering likes someone to be at goal for at least 6 months.

Best wishes for flat tummies!

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for the nice message and the well wishes!

And with all that Trikking you're doing, the plastic surgery might be happening sooner than you think :thumbup:!

Have a great and fun weekend!!!

I have a question for the plastic surgery veterans..............

I will be in the hospital for three nights because of the open gyn surgery, and then will be in a hotel for approximately 11 days after I'm released, and I was wondering what types of things I should stock my hotel room with.

Any suggestions? I have stayed at the hotel, and know that they have extremely comfy beds, but they don't have recliners. I do plan to request extra pillows and hopefully that will make the sleeping arrangement comfortable enough, but I'm just wondering what other supplies I should have on hand.

Frangipani: I would order a special pillow elevating pillow from Make Me Heal. It will help a lot. I would also bring a toliet seat riser. I couldn't have survived with out it and they are very inexpensive. Bring salt free crackers, little containers of Jello and pudding to take your meds with. Make sure you have your pain meds filled before your surgery. I would bring a small bucket in case you are nauseated and some paper cups to empty your drains into. Consider an eye mask to block out the light, so you can rest better in the day. If the hotel doesn't have a DVD player, bring a small cheap one with the necessary cords and a supply of DVD's you want to get caught up on. By the time you are released from the hospital you will be over the worst of it and might be start getting bored. Check out this website for other ideas: Nourishing Don’ts: What Not To Eat Before & After - Make Me Heal

Wish you both lots of luck. You are going to be so happy that you did this. Hope you have a lap top, so you can keep us all posted.

Wow Kareyquilts, what great suggestions, thanks a lot!

I can tell that you are a very organized woman who thinks of everything!

Lots of great suggestions that I wouldn't have thought of, especially the toilet seat riser -- that one would have never occurred to me, but I'm sure I will really be glad that I have it.

Thank you :(:smile::thumbup:!

Great question Frangi and great ideas Karey. I will definately be getting the elevated toilet seat. Would never have thought of it, but I know it will make recovery a little easier. Let us know if you think of anything else.

Frangi, I have a sheet of written instructions from my doctor for at home after surgery. A couple of items mentioned that might help you are clothes that button or zip (nothing that has to be slipped on over your head) and slip on shoes. Also, Protein supplements to aid in healing.

Great question Frangi and great ideas Karey. I will definately be getting the elevated toilet seat. Would never have thought of it, but I know it will make recovery a little easier. Let us know if you think of anything else.

Frangi, I have a sheet of written instructions from my doctor for at home after surgery. A couple of items mentioned that might help you are clothes that button or zip (nothing that has to be slipped on over your head) and slip on shoes. Also, Protein supplements to aid in healing.

More great ideas Becky, thanks!

Ice packs, hadn't thought of those either Karey, thanks!

Edited by Frangipani

Just a quick question - is insurance covering any of your surgeries?

Good luck to both of you.

Just a quick question - is insurance covering any of your surgeries?

Good luck to both of you.

Hi Nip50,

Thanks :laugh:! Congratulations on losing 114 pounds in seven months. That's amazing!!!

Insurance is not covering my plastic surgery -- I wish!!!! I didn't even try because I really don't have any medical issues related to my excess skin.

However I am saving about 2K on hospital fees because health insurance is covering my gyn surgery, and the hospital has a policy where they discount their fees when a second procedure is done -- so that helps. Also, my three night hospital stay, medication, etc., will all be covered by health insurance.

I don't think health insurance is covering Becky's either, but correct me if I'm wrong about this Becky.

Congratulations and the very best of luck to both of you! Not much longer to wait now... bet you are both getting anxious and excited :laugh:

No insurance coverage for mine either. I was fortunate that my band surgery was covered by insurance though, so I'm just biting the bullet on the PS. I figure I'll be about equal to a new Lexus when I'm completely reconstructed! (Gotta get the breast and arms done later).

Congratulations and the very best of luck to both of you! Not much longer to wait now... bet you are both getting anxious and excited :)

Thank you very much cori in wa :lol::smile::smile:!

Yes, I am nervous and excited. I am nervous about the pain and discomfort and hope it passes quickly, but am very excited to have a flat tummy (which I have never had), and I am actually surprising myself about how excited I am about the new breasts.

I have never had much of a bustline ("B" cup my entire life) and I have always been perfectly fine with that, but suddenly I find myself wondering and getting excited about having a real bustline! I started out thinking I wanted to be a "small" C, but the other day I told my Dr. that I think I want to go a "full" C.

Who knows, by the day of surgery I might have moved up to wanting double D's :P!