Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mother of triplets...started my process.

Ok ladies...I need some help. I've been deciding whether or not I was going to get the lapband for the past year, lurking on here and learning so much. I really appreciate the posts. I decided that it's time, finally.

Here's my story...I have one and half yr old triplets (dont freak out - its not as crazy as it seems - they are highly scheduled and well behaved so that's not a concern :tt2:

My questions are:

• how soon after the surgery will I be able to care for the children (without lifting, of course) ?
  • will i feel ok (pain/nausea) / how soon?
  • did you ever regret it?
  • how quickly did you lose the weight?

I went to my PCP today, he is totally on board - writing my letter and promised to help me get approved. I go for my surgeon consult on Tues June 3.

I have to do this. I have been over 200 lbs since I was 18 yrs old, high cholestrol since 19, asthma since childhood, back/hip issues. I weigh 252 lbs, 5'6", BMI 40.7...I'm very concerned that I won't be around for my babies. They need me. They already get so much attention being triplets, I don't want them to be embarassed that I'm their mom. :thumbup:

I know everyone can relate to me. Thanks for the vent and the posts.

Edited by myfunlife32
Forgot to add where I am in the process...

I don't want them to be embarassed that I'm their mom. :thumbup:

I can so relate to you! I have no answers for you because I am just now looking into Lap Band. I also have 3 kids, not triplets, but pretty close in age, 1, 2, and 4. I want to live a very long and healthy life so I can see my sweet baby boys grow up to be men!

Good luck and I hope you find the answers you are looking for!

Good luck! I'm a mother of twins and they will be 3 next week. Although, my twins were on a schedule and very easy going, I don't think I would of been able to have the surgery at 1.5 yrs old. I've just been approved for the surgery and will have my lap band on 6/6. I'm self pay so it only took 2 weeks from the time I went to the free seminar to dr consult to surgery date. If you are through your ins then expect 6 mth to 12 mth dr supervised diet (which you will have to pay out of pocket since the ins will not pay for it). All in all it will cost a few thousand dollars before you could have the surgery. Check w/ your ins first before contacting a dr.

I have twins who are 4 and a 7 year old. I had mine done in july 2007. My girls (the twins) were three, they were no trouble but my six year old did not like the idea of mom having to be careful. I was back to work on tuesday after my surgery on friday. Not suppose to but I am a respiratory therapist and do home care not many of us that do and no one to cover. I took half the load of patients for the first week but was good to go after that. I did not carry the kids for three weeks. I kinda wastrying to get them to do things on their own and milked my surgery alittle. Probably could have done before that but did not want to damage as i was private pay.

good luck it has been well worth it

beth

Thanks so much for the advise ladies...I appreciate it so much. I will have help with the babies obviously but I was just wondering how I would feel.

And as far as the insurance requirements...lucky for me I've already done my homework - I have full coverage and I've been on a medically supervised diet since Dec 07 so I'm ready to go. Hoping for an even semi-smooth process. I'll keep everyone posted.