Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LB Haters!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay I have to get this off my chest. There have been a lot of LB Haters on here lately. They have to get their band removed, hate their band, hated their band, had their bands removed...I could go on and on. I have to comment on some of this that really bugs me. This is not directed to those who are on here for help and need support, or those who have had a medical necessity, we've all been there and need a shoulder to cry on. It is directed to those who give up without a fight...

1. If you have had your band a month or two and start squalling that you hate it and want it off, why in the world did you get it to begin with? Did you not do the research and realize this was going to be a complete change to what you are used to? HELLO? You'll never be able to eat again in large quantities. You need to work out these issues before you go to the time and expense of being banded and then change your mind because you can't handle the change. liquid Hell Sucks! Mushies Suck! Band Hell Sucks! We've all been there, deal with it!

2. I've been banded X amount of time and have lost nothing. I want my band off. Have you had a fill? Have you gone in for checkups and appointments? If you have quack doctor that isn't supportive and doesn't care of your progress - find another! Are you eating the right foods? Are you exercising? The band will not make anyone lose weight - you have to do that. This is not a quick fix, wave your magic wand, make everything okay and you're instantly thin. You have to change your behavior too.

3. I can't eat, I can't drink or hold anything down...I keep throwing up...I want my band off! Again, HELLO? Have you thought about calling your doctor and asking for a little help? Did getting an UNFILL cross your mind? That's the first thing I would have thought of. Maybe then you could eat and drink something.

I've seen more negative on here than positive lately and it seems to be the same thing over and over again. I love this forum - it has been a lifesaver for me. I've come here to bitch, cry and have my hand held at times too. We've all had bad days. I love my band and am still a "newbie" and I may one day have complications that cause me to have my band removed, but I can't forsee having or wanting to have it out because of something I could have prevented or foreseen.

I so agree with this. I get tired of seeing all the negative things people say. I come here for positive information and all these people are saying it's the worst mistake they made etc. It's annoying. Even after seeing all of the negativity I am still going to get banded in November.

I so agree with this. I get tired of seeing all the negative things people say. I come here for positive information and all these people are saying it's the worst mistake they made etc. It's annoying. Even after seeing all of the negativity I am still going to get banded in November.

Good luck to you froggi, and to the rest as well, who do not wish to hear any negativity said abou the LB. To make an informed decision you need to weigh up the good, the bad and the ugly, and this is the place to do it. There may be a lot of whiners out there, I dont know, but some of us have some real issues, I have been banded for four and a half years and had three surgeries and lots of problems, my fourth and final (hoping) surgery will be on 6/9 and that's when this band is coming out for good.

I know that sometimes we all get frustrated and feel defeated when it comes to weight loss. After all, that is how we ended up here!

I know it's important to hear the good and the bad. We are lucky to have so many willing to share their personal experiences. I am so grateful for the information I've been able to read here. Thank you everyone, for that.

However, I agree. A lot of it is just plain negativity. It's like a disease. Once it starts, it spreads. Misery loves company. We have seen a rash of it lately. I hope those people get some help one way or another. If they want their band removed, fine, do it.

Funny how their doctors don't just take it out. If there really was a problem/complication, they wouldn't be on here posting about it, they'd be in surgery and then posting about how wonderful their life is after band removal. So this leads me to believe there is certainly more to the story. Overfill? Stretched pouch? Dare I say COMPLIANCE?

I am a newbie too, so what do I know. I have struggles also, but at this point I feel it's a learning curve. If I really don't lose any weight, I will be taking that up with my doctor, whine about it on here a little, and hopefully get back on the losing end of things.

Just remember, the Lap Band is not for everyone.

~C

Edited by Turler

Way to go Leslie!

I too am a newbie and I did my research before I got my band.

I knew there was going to be pitfalls.

I knew that it was not going to be easy. What in life that is worth having is?

I knew there would be ups and downs with my bands.

I do not complain when I've "only" lost a pound. It's a pound and it's a loss and I celebrate!

Some people are complainers. I try to be positive about everything. I find positive energy is better. It makes people around you more positive. Good things happen with a positive attitude!

Good luck with your journey! I know mine is off to a great start!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I know it's important to hear the good and the bad. We are lucky to have so many willing to share their personal experiences. I am so grateful for the information I've been able to read here. Thank you everyone, for that.

However, I agree. A lot of it is just plain negativity. It's like a disease. Once it starts, it spreads. Misery loves company. We have seen a rash of it lately. I hope those people get some help one way or another. If they want their band removed, fine, do it.

~C

I like to know the good and bad too. If I'm looking into having a procedure done, I don't want to get the details wearing rose colored glasses. Yes LB will work for some people and not for others - we are all different. I completely agree with you. However, I get vexed when people get on here only to complain, complain, complain. They need to realise, hey this didn't work for me but may work for someone else. Let everyone know what happened to them, but don't be so poisioness and closed-minded in doing so. Well I'm done complaining about the complainers - :thumbup:

Leslie, thanks for posting this. I am fairly new to this board and there seems to be so much negativity. I have yet to be banded and all these complications and people who want their bands removed have seriously had me scared at times. I know there are risks of complications but if you read all the post on here it leads you to believe that the complication rate is much higher than reported.

Leslie2Lose -

Thank you for saying what I've been thinking! Lately there has been a lot of negative postings and it's just so depressing. I find myself scanning through the posts and then just closing LapBand Forum in disgust.

The other day I really did consider not logging into the site ever again due to the negativity.

Thanks for posting what I've totally been thinking.

There seems to be a rather cyclic episodic nature to this kind of thing. I see a certain cyclic negativity in other boards I visit. My personal theory is, somewhere out in 'Internet Land' there is a giant underground of energy sappers who set out to spread doom and gloom however they can. They can not make it through the day without inflicting as much doubt and second guessing and petty annoyances as possible.

'Feh' to them.

"Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can not, you are probably right"~~~Henry Ford

Cheers to BandsterLand.

Agreed!! In nautical terms, there are the "anchors" and the "motors". We all need to find the "motors" and stick closely to them!! Whenever I see something that is just one person's personal opinion and it is negative, I just keep going to find those who are successful. Whatever you think is what you will attract (The Secret!!).

Don't even dwell on the nay sayers... Move on and surround yourself with successful people!!!

Here's to success!!! :biggrin2:

I agree there has been too much bashing of the band lately. If it is not for you, that is fine, but quit sitting around here everyday waiting to piss in my Wheaties!!!!

Way back pre surgery for me, I was talking with a bandster and was expressing my fear in how many people were having problems. She reminded me that when you have a problem, no matter big or small, you come here to supportive, people in similar situations and share. When you get up and have no issues you probably don't start a new thread saying so, or there would be an abundance of threads saying "Another problem free day", "Down another pound today", those kinds of things!!!! So to always keep in mind that when life is good you don't always come here and say so.....but it is comforting to know if you DO have a problem someday you could come here for support.

I have no issue with that, but people showing up who are here to "Warn" everyone about the band----just go away!!! They want to address us as if we are idiots for choosing to be banded-even though they too chose that before they had the problems!!!

Kat

I think the biggest thing you have to rememeber is to take everything with a grain of salt. There is a ton of great information, success stories and inspirational stories on this forum. Unfortunately you have to wade through a lot of crap every now and again to get to it. Dont give up on the forum just because you see a run of the naysayers. You will tend to see the same posters being negative over and over....just pass over them.

i Agree There Has Been Too Much Bashing Of The Band Lately. If It Is Not For You, That Is Fine, But Quit Sitting Around Here Everyday Waiting To Piss In My Wheaties!!!!

way Back Pre Surgery For Me, I Was Talking With A Bandster And Was Expressing My Fear In How Many People Were Having Problems. She Reminded Me That When You Have A Problem, No Matter Big Or Small, You Come Here To Supportive, People In Similar Situations And Share. When You Get Up And Have No Issues You Probably Don't Start A New Thread Saying So, Or There Would Be An Abundance Of Threads Saying "another Problem Free Day", "down Another Pound Today", Those Kinds Of Things!!!! So To Always Keep In Mind That When Life Is Good You Don't Always Come Here And Say So.....but It Is Comforting To Know If You Do Have A Problem Someday You Could Come Here For Support.

i Have No Issue With That, But People Showing Up Who Are Here To "warn" Everyone About The Band----just Go Away!!! They Want To Address Us As If We Are Idiots For Choosing To Be Banded-even Though They Too Chose That Before They Had The Problems!!!

kat

amen Sista!

Way to go Leslie!

I too am a newbie and I did my research before I got my band.

I knew there was going to be pitfalls.

I knew that it was not going to be easy. What in life that is worth having is?

I knew there would be ups and downs with my bands.

I do not complain when I've "only" lost a pound. It's a pound and it's a loss and I celebrate!

Some people are complainers. I try to be positive about everything. I find positive energy is better. It makes people around you more positive. Good things happen with a positive attitude!

Good luck with your journey! I know mine is off to a great start!

100% AGREE!!! i just stared my band journey, but when i first came on lbt, i noticed so much negativity, all the while me thinking "how can you just set yourself up for failure?" yes, nothing in life is easy, if it were, we'd all be the same & what's the fun in that? life is about variety.

one thing that i PROMISED myself, when i started thinking about lbs, was no matter what the circumstance during this journey, i was not, and am not, going to think that will never reach my goal of 155. it look me forever to reach my highest weight and it will take hard work and time to get this off. i know i will succeed. :laugh: