Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi beautiful banders,

Lori, Jen & Indgo – the band is just a tool. I feelyour pain. This week I have not got the scale moving and I didn’t get a filland now I find that I am more hungry and can eat up to 1.5-2 cups of food per ameal. I also worked out every day too.

I am going away onvacation next week. The good news I am going away with my BFF who is alsobanded. I have my next fill booked for May 18.

Have a great weekend all!

Cheers,

Kristi

Kristi, At this point, its up to you to make good choices. Janet's success was all her because she used her band as a tool and hasn't slipped into her old eating habits.

I can't exactly say the same thing. Although I haven't completely gone native, I don't always make good choices. Keep in mind, it is your choices.

Tonight, I had a rather large lettuce salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, balsamic vinegar, a few olives and less than 4 oz of ham. So the salad was at least two cups, but it's lettuce and if you chew it, its not 2 cups anymore. For me, this is a great choice because I am full, satisfied, and have met my nutritional requirements.

Hope you have a great time on your vacation.

Eva

Great Idea - I will do it right now !!

Hi

I am Janet and I am a recovering food addict :wink2:

I was banded 7/17/07 - My starting weight was 250 - I'm 5'4

Today (just over 10 months out) I am 154 - size 8 pants (was 18/20) Medium tops (was 22/24)

I got banded as I wanted to extend the years that I have left on this planet and to do that I knew that I needed to lose weight.

The band has been the tool I needed. For the first time in my life I have been able to achieve this goal (actually getting to my goal weight)

If you want a buddy - support - help - suggestions - Please feel free to call upon me - I will gladly share my journey with you - the journey is still on going and by helping you I will be helping me (staying motivated and accountable) and then one day you can pay it forward and help someone else.

Hi, My sign in name is big2little. My real name is Michelle. I'm a new member to this chat. I'm not even good at Facebook, so learning this chat room is even more difficult. If you or anyone see this please help me.

My start weight was 267 at 5'8". My surgery was 5/12/11. I now weigh 213. I feel that my weight loss is successful, however I am having some eating problems, a choking feeling with almost everything I eat. I would like to join this chat and learn and help anyone if I can. The nearest support group is 1 1/2 hours away. It is very important that I get this chat room thing down.

Hi, My sign in name is big2little. My real name is Michelle. I'm a new member to this chat. I'm not even good at Facebook, so learning this chat room is even more difficult. If you or anyone see this please help me.

My start weight was 267 at 5'8". My surgery was 5/12/11. I now weigh 213. I feel that my weight loss is successful, however I am having some eating problems, a choking feeling with almost everything I eat. I would like to join this chat and learn and help anyone if I can. The nearest support group is 1 1/2 hours away. It is very important that I get this chat room thing down.

big2little...You've done a great job in loosing weight so far. One of the things you need to keep in mind with the chat rooms is sometimes you don't get answers as quick as you would like. We had to move off of this site because of some personal issues, so you may not get a quick response from "I'm here to help".

If I were you, I would look and read as many of the "threads" as you can and post on them. See which ones respond and which ones you are comfortable with. You can post here and we will pop in or you can send private messages and we will respond. Indiogirl, myself, and a few others work so we aren't on line all the time. Others don't check here, but if you private message them, you should get a response back.

Why don't you tell us about yourself...age, occupation, interests. Like I said before, you are doing great with the weight loss so far, but I really understand needing to talk about issues that come up especially after the "honeymoon" phase is over.

The only way the chat room thing will become easier is if you just do it and figure it out. That's what I did. Welcome to the chat world. I have found it very helpful, by the way.

big2little...You've done a great job in loosing weight so far. One of the things you need to keep in mind with the chat rooms is sometimes you don't get answers as quick as you would like. We had to move off of this site because of some personal issues, so you may not get a quick response from "I'm here to help".

If I were you, I would look and read as many of the "threads" as you can and post on them. See which ones respond and which ones you are comfortable with. You can post here and we will pop in or you can send private messages and we will respond. Indiogirl, myself, and a few others work so we aren't on line all the time. Others don't check here, but if you private message them, you should get a response back.

Why don't you tell us about yourself...age, occupation, interests. Like I said before, you are doing great with the weight loss so far, but I really understand needing to talk about issues that come up especially after the "honeymoon" phase is over.

The only way the chat room thing will become easier is if you just do it and figure it out. That's what I did. Welcome to the chat world. I have found it very helpful, by the way.

I agree with Ocotillo - You are doing a great job.

Lab Band Talk helped me so much in the begining and still does. You should read alot of the post from the begining of this thread or read several topics and post and many are good at posting back. Oh my name is Melissa and I am in year 3. I have had ups and downs and some slips but it is always a learning process and I can say that this year has been alot better for me ecspecially these last couple of months when I really started refocusing on why I got the band to begin with. I started doing so sort of excersing each day and eating more Protein and more importantly following my Drs orders. (I was very lazy this past year with eating , and excersing and paid the price with weight gain) But I am losing now that my head is in place. If you are having problems with a choking feeling I would call your Drs office. You might be to tight if you have had fills. Or you might be eating to fast. Sometimes if I am to hungry and eat something to fast it always comes back to bite me. You could try drinking Protein shakes for a couple days then try eating again taking small bites and still see if you have that same issue. However if you have that same feeling while drinking shakes I would call you Dr right away.

My name is Maria and I have been banded for a year now... my surgery was 9/27/10.My start weight was 298 and I now weigh 204. I have had many up's and down's along my journey and it's been a little crazy but I am fortunate enough to have two of my very close friends on this journey along with me. They got banded right around the same time. So I understand how crucial it is to have a good support system. I am available to anyone who needs support, has questions, needs suggestions, etc. You can email me or find me on facebook: bandedprincess@gmail.com.

laugh.gif- Maria Azalea

Hi all! Haven't been on here in awhile and I having some issues. Can someone exlpain the difference between an upper GI and a EGD? What type of doctor would I go to for these? I am 4 years post op and my surgery was in Mexico so I want to go in and insure all is still okay. When I request these procedures do I tell them I was banded in Mexico? Also, is a scope, fluroscope and barium swallow the same thing? Thank you for any insite you may have.

YAH!! so glad to find this!! i am thinking of banding!! seems like the best option.

is there someone that it's been great! no problems? is it worth??

Jenmomto3 - The band was the best choice I made! It has saved my life! I am down 75 lbs after being banded in Feb-11 and hope to reach a 100 lbs which will put me close to my goal at the 1 year mark!

K

Great Idea - I will do it right now !!

Hi

I am Janet and I am a recovering food addict :wink2:

I was banded 7/17/07 - My starting weight was 250 - I'm 5'4

Today (just over 10 months out) I am 154 - size 8 pants (was 18/20) Medium tops (was 22/24)

I got banded as I wanted to extend the years that I have left on this planet and to do that I knew that I needed to lose weight.

The band has been the tool I needed. For the first time in my life I have been able to achieve this goal (actually getting to my goal weight)

If you want a buddy - support - help - suggestions - Please feel free to call upon me - I will gladly share my journey with you - the journey is still on going and by helping you I will be helping me (staying motivated and accountable) and then one day you can pay it forward and help someone else.

I am Michelle (igotsmall). My computer cut off due to an update so I don't know if you got my last message. I was 267 am now 210. I'm not good at this chat thing, not even Facebook. Bare with me. As much advice as possible will help me learn this program. Reason is, I'll figure out how to respond and receive mail. Thank you everyone. Talk to you soon.

Hi my name is Jackie and i live in Ireland . I got the gastric band done 9 wks ago and was delighted with myself. I got my first fill 4 wks ago and has lost around 14lbs. I am due my next fill in 2 wks. My problem is I am beginning to put up weight again and am devastated, I am craving sugary stuff all the time. I know the gastric band is only a tool to help me lose weight and is not a magic solution. I have lupus and sjorgen's syndrome and have been very sick for the last 2/3wks. I suppose I am just looking to chat to someone who struggled big time at the beginning. Sorry for moaning I really want to lose weight, but am struggling at the moment.

Hi Kristi! Wow, you've done awesome! I think we have similar weight goals. I'm at about 265 right now and hope to get down to 150 next year. I'm 5'10 and I can't imagine being 150 but I think it's time to go for it. If I'm going to go through with this band surgery I'm going to pull out all the stops and go for it!

I have been in this process for 6 months, I meet with my surgeon next week to hopefully set my surgery date!! Then one more visit after that we send everything off to insurance and cross our fingers that it goes through. I'm hoping to get my band over Christmas break.. I'm a student and I can use that two weeks off to recover.

It's been great reading how much weight everyone has lost - it really gives me hope that I can do this once and for all.

-Sarah

Sarah - That is great! You will be able to do it. I too started at about 266 lbs :). If you need any support let me know. Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Kristi