Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Cheri - sending you a bug hug! Hope things looks up! Hugs all round! xxoo

Sorry you've been sick Kisti. Jessica, way to go on everything. Seems like your life just keeps coming together.

I'm on a toot with the food. Can't seem to stop. Just so sick of eating good for almost 2 years. Don't quite know what to do with myself right now. Facing some big challenges and changes at work. Daughter is so sick. My husband is working on changing up his hours. That might help some. Better weather might help. Been raining and overcast and cold for a few days. Need to find a new hobby for at night.

Cheri

Kristi...as Janet said, it is about food choices and also, your body weight will fluctuate normally. Just hand in there and do your food library. Something I've found helpful is changing something radically....so you eat really well, everything in proper proportions and you stall...then have a higher fat day (just one day) then go back to your regular eating. For some, it seems to be a matter of tricking your body into thinking its not deprived.

Jessica, I'm so happy Jake is getting into a good school. I hope he is much happier there.

And both of you, best wishes on getting healthier with those colds and flu.

Cheri....you are under stress right now and food issues are going to be the hardest to deal with because who wants to think about food when you got so much other stuff going on. You said you wanted a night hobby? Why don't you write another children's book. Maybe one that deals with an ill parent. I know two little girls that could use some encouragement along those lines right now. Their mother has huntington's corea and she is failing quickly. She's only 23 and her oldest is 4 and the baby is 19 months.

I have to make Breakfast...talk to you all later.

Eva

Since last fill, throat is always sore and I'm constantly clearing my throat. Is that normal???? Is it part of what is considered "normal" for the band??

I'm still trying to learn what to expect.

Also, I was taking Aleve for inflamation. Now I understand it is too hard on the stomach after banding. Any suggestions for alternatives?

PA recommended extra strength liquid tylenol for arthritis pain - and suggested gel caps would also work. Still need something for the arthritis.

I have to take an anti-inflammatory every day. I take it with food or try to coat my stomach with something. Right now I'm tight from weight gain and am having some trouble taking it. I'm using an antacid when I take it to protect my stomach. When I'm not tight I have no trouble at all. More reason to take these lbs back off. I do supplement with Tylenol extra strength if I need more pain killer. I take half the anti-inflammatory I used to take. Need less with the weight loss. I have heard that Tumeric (spice) is a great natural anti-inflammatory but that doesn't mean it isn't hard on the stomach. Same with Fish Oil supplements. Those are known to contribute to reflux.

Your throat clearing and soreness is probably esophageal or pharyngeal reflux. Acid is creeping up your esophagus and into your pharynx. Either lose a few lbs or get a slight unfill. You may also be experiencing a cough when you lie down at night. sleep with your upper body elevated. Follow an acid reflux diet. Avoid coffee, tea, acidic foods, chocolate etc till it calms down. Or get you a script for Nexium or something. Arthritis pain can trigger overeating and lack of exercise. I'm making sure I can still take my anti-inflammatory.

Cheri

Thank you, Cheri. I take prevecide (sp?) prescription strength each morning. My health insurance would not pay for Nexium (which I feel worked better). No problems coughing at night - I sleep like a brick.

Think my answer is --- lose a few lbs. and continue to exercise.

But, again, thank you for the reminders. Avoiding acidic foods too - to calm it down. rolleyes.gif

Great Idea - I will do it right now !!

Hi

I am Janet and I am a recovering food addict :wink2:

I was banded 7/17/07 - My starting weight was 250 - I'm 5'4

Today (just over 10 months out) I am 154 - size 8 pants (was 18/20) Medium tops (was 22/24)

I got banded as I wanted to extend the years that I have left on this planet and to do that I knew that I needed to lose weight.

The band has been the tool I needed. For the first time in my life I have been able to achieve this goal (actually getting to my goal weight)

If you want a buddy - support - help - suggestions - Please feel free to call upon me - I will gladly share my journey with you - the journey is still on going and by helping you I will be helping me (staying motivated and accountable) and then one day you can pay it forward and help someone else.

hi janet.... i was banded jan 27.... i have only lost 26 lbs and have had 2 fills..... with little restriction..... im trying so hard.... can you offer any tips....

i am also 5-4 247 at surgery.... bmi of 43

was hoping for much more... im starting yo get discouraged...

hi janet.... i was banded jan 27.... i have only lost 26 lbs and have had 2 fills..... with little restriction..... im trying so hard.... can you offer any tips....

i am also 5-4 247 at surgery.... bmi of 43

was hoping for much more... im starting yo get discouraged...

Need It to work - Hugs on your struggles

What are you eating - are you keeping a food diary - what are the # of calories you consume a day - What types of foods are you eating - give me a typical days food (llist) - What are you doing for exercise - how much can you consume at one meal

If you don't have restriction - when can you go back to get another fill.

Hi beautiful banders,

Long time no chat. I hope everyone is well. I haven’tbeen receiving updates from the group. Anyone else have that challenge? Also Idon’t see an up to date thread so I can’toffer support to you all – big hugs!

I was again away this last weekend with my high schoolBFF. We went back to our boarding school “Old Girls weekend”. Now I know why I have been only once in 25years. What a sleeper with a bunch of tea toddlers.

I am off to Mexico with my BFF this Monday to visit ourfriend who is retired there. Can’t wait to get away to the heat!

I have been still sick with that cold. Now in my chestand I was on antibiotics. No real improvement so I am going back to the dr. Ihaven’t worked out all week. I got a small workout in today. I am down another3 lbs these last 2 wks for a total of 40 lbs.

Busy wrapping up business with my clients this week. Havea great week all!

Cheers,

Kristi

Hi beautiful banders,

After I posted I saw the string.

Eva – you are so right! Down another 3.2 lbs and that iswithout working out! Between the dentist & my cold I am not as hungry inthe day J.

Cheri – you poor thing. I hate all those pain meds. Ihope things get better!

Sorry if I missed anyone!<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;"><br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">

Cheers,

Kristi

Great Idea - I will do it right now !!

Hi

I am Janet and I am a recovering food addict :wink2:

I was banded 7/17/07 - My starting weight was 250 - I'm 5'4

Today (just over 10 months out) I am 154 - size 8 pants (was 18/20) Medium tops (was 22/24)

I got banded as I wanted to extend the years that I have left on this planet and to do that I knew that I needed to lose weight.

The band has been the tool I needed. For the first time in my life I have been able to achieve this goal (actually getting to my goal weight)

If you want a buddy - support - help - suggestions - Please feel free to call upon me - I will gladly share my journey with you - the journey is still on going and by helping you I will be helping me (staying motivated and accountable) and then one day you can pay it forward and help someone else.

Hi,

My name is jenny,39 yrs old with 2 girls and 2 boys-step sons, and iw as band a yr ago last month and have lost 75lbs and going for 25lbs more..I am so lost and back to bad habbits, so...i need a buddy! here is my email address darinjennysroka@yahoo.com

I do need help and emtional help,every day is such a struggle, never use to be too...jennifer :D

Indio- I think this is a great idea. I started out the same way you did, 250 and only 5'4". I've lost 21 pounds (well actually 19 because I gained two back this past week). I am scheduled for my 2nd fill next week. I have no restriction right now and am in bandster hell I guess. I'm trying to "white knuckle" it until next week, but it's hard. After the holiday weekend I returned to some old bad habits, mostly carbs. Any help or suggestions you could offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

-----------

hi my name is Lorie. I have had the band since March 9th 2009. I just got a fill today. this is the 3rd one since March. I put all but 24 pounds back on so I am trying to start over. He said that I lost 5 pounds so that's a good thing. It's just so depressing. It is a fight even with the Lap band. I really need a buddy. I will also try to help and encourage others. I am hoping to be back down to the weight I was last summer. at leat buy the end of this summer.

L

:)

Hi Lori & Jennifer

This is how I did it .... (during my weight loss phase)

I kept a food diary - I counted calories & Protein

I weighed and measured my food until I knew what 1/4 - 1/2 - 1 cup looked likeand what 4 oz of meat looks like

I kept my calories between 800 - 1200 and varied them daily - I ate low fat -sugar free - and did/do allow some starches - I am a weight watcher girl and Ithink they have the most balanced eat plan out their - I could never live onAdkins - I have to have some starch..

I exercised 4-5 days a week (usually 5) my walking on a treadmill - startedslow and every couple weeks increased my speed and mileage at 8 months out Igot a trainer and started working weights (I had lost 77 by then)

During this time I did allow treats - If I went to a bday party I had 1 pieceof cake - during Christmas I bake xmas Cookies w/granddaughters - its atradition - I made a trade off with myself - I didn't eat the sweets that wereat work during the holiday - and allowed myself some xmas Cookies w/my grandkids - and I made sure I went to the gym ..

For me having major fricking surgery was an ah ha moment - I was/am verydedicated to eating healthy- I never dieted then or now - this is truly alifestyle change in our eating (we always heard that phrase anytime we went ona diet - but we don't truly understand what they are saying) - Always beforeafter we lost the weight - we would go back to eating "normal" andwhat happen - we gained our weight back - we didn't understand that our eatingnormal is what got us fat in the 1st place..

I was lucky to get to my sweet spot very fast - I have had 1 fills the last onein 1/09.

I can tell you that with the band - it's a diff full - I can be physically fulland still want to eat more food - and you can - you can eat around your bandwith foods that we call sliders - candy - cookies - ice cream - chips - mashedpotatoes - adult beverage ;0) they all slip right thru the band no matter howtight you are - this is eating around your band -

I also don't keep foods in the house that are my weakness - would you leave abottle of booze on the kitchen counter if you were an alcoholic and trying toquit drinking - Well it's the same thing with us and food - We are food addictsit's our drug of choice.

So if I want a cookie - I go and buy just one - if I have made a cake forsomeones bday - I make them take it with them or I throw it out (better in thee(the trash) than in me). I have had a weak moment bought a pint ofice cream - eaten half and thrown the other half in the trash..

I struggle at time - ya I miss pigging out - Iwant to eat unlimited amounts of candy and not worry that I will gain weight -I don't want to go to the gym and exercise some days - but I now KNOW that if Ieat a bag of candy - sit on my butt 24/7 - I will be right back to 250 and Idon't want that..

Hope you have a little insight to what band is going to be like (btw - i caneat almost anything - I can have a sandwich on lite sandwich bread - I can eata taco)

oh ya - band rules - eat slowly - chew - small bite and no drinking with meals- my doc allows us to drink 30 mintues after we have eaten..

Hope this has help..

Wishing you the very best on your jounery - keep me posted ok..<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;"><br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">