Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Fly by....good morning folks,

Melissa....only you can change you....you can get help from others, but ultimately it is you that will have to make the changes. When I'm feeling really upset by the actions of others....and I do all the time....I try and remember that I can control how I react to them. That is the only thing I can control. I eat because of this or that, but it's still my decision to eat, not what this or that is doing. Love you and will support you through this. You will make it.

Cheri, just read your eat (healthy), pray, love statements to Melissa. I just watched that move last night. I loved the book but did not like the movie. It looses too much in the translation.

Okay...have homework to do before class....later.

Eva

Good letter Linda. They need to have the right information if they are going to stayed credible.

LauraK

Yummmmmmmmmm, Linda! You have me craving some GREEN yogurt! LMAO! Yes, nothing like a little mold to help the digestive track! : ) Nice letter though. Dr. Oz and his family are from Turkey. My grandparents knew his extended family well. I don't agree with everything he does or says, BUT... I love his explanation of diabetes. Google DR. OZ DIABETES EXPLANATION. I actually give that info to my patients.

OH........ I forgot to update you guys on the patient of mine who is morbidly obese and in his 20s. Well, he lost 4 lbs the first month. His BP (on low dose of BP meds) is normal, and he has shown up 100% of the time to his PT/OT appts! (3 times a week). He is doing stength training and 15 min of cardio. (sedentary for last 5 years). The health center at the hospital even gave him a free scholarship to the fitness center after PT ends. He is really motivated and had a better state of mind. Thanks for those of you that were wondering.

Julie, hugs. Listen to your dr. Would not want to have more complications. Baby that esophagus. (includes stopping the diet soda- VERY bad for the stomach and digestive tract).

Meslissa, Hugs. It is so tough. You can do it. When you are down- the only way to look is up!!!

Janet, Hope the little sand in your ears settles soon. Vertigo SUX.

Meredith and I are having brunch Sunday on Marco Island! DH decided it would be a nice weekend getaway- so Nels, DH and I will stay Saturday night at a beach front resort! woohoo!

I have so much to do- wish I could write more but I can't. Better than none at all! xoxo peasout............... Laura

Linda, liked your letter......only we eat 70-80grams of Protein...not oz.

I just got back from Froberg Farms.....the place where I get fresh picked strawberries. I didn't have time to pick them today so I just bought a flat. They had so many fresh veggies. I got cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, summer squash, zucchini and cucumbers. I wish I had planted cucumbers. They are expensive this year......80cents a piece. I will be cooking tomorrow. WW Soup, WW gumbo, chicken pot pie, and chicken salad. My mother needs some food other than what she eats at her cafeteria.

Laura, sounds like so much fun......Pics please!

Later peeps!

Oh no another faux pas. Oh MY!! LOL. That's what I get for typing at work when I should be working!

Linda, great letter....including the oops....I'm sure they'll figure it out. I about laughed when I saw the 60-70 oz of Protein...we'd all be 300 lbs...LOL.

Oops, gotta go to school.

later

Great Idea - I will do it right now !!

Hi

I am Janet and I am a recovering food addict :wink2:

I was banded 7/17/07 - My starting weight was 250 - I'm 5'4

Today (just over 10 months out) I am 154 - size 8 pants (was 18/20) Medium tops (was 22/24)

I got banded as I wanted to extend the years that I have left on this planet and to do that I knew that I needed to lose weight.

The band has been the tool I needed. For the first time in my life I have been able to achieve this goal (actually getting to my goal weight)

If you want a buddy - support - help - suggestions - Please feel free to call upon me - I will gladly share my journey with you - the journey is still on going and by helping you I will be helping me (staying motivated and accountable) and then one day you can pay it forward and help someone else.

Hey Linda...great letter you wrote to the Dr. Oz camp. OMG...quite a difference between the 5 baby spoons of yogurt and the 60-70 oz of Protein. LOL. BTW...green yogurt is my fav! (Pistachio and key lime pie).

Laura...heartwarming story on the 20 something yr old you coached into taking the steps to better health. Such a positive thing for him and hopefully he has the determination to follow through. Hopefully, you got the ball rolling for him to go down the road to a healthier lifestyle. It's gotta make you feel so great about a situation that seemed hopeless.

Arlene...count yourself as very fortunate to be able to go and get fresh fruits and veggies. We won't see a farmers market around here until late July. One thing I loved about being in Tucson was that fruits/veggies were always available....no can opener or soggy produce.

Eva...how did you do on your last story you turned in? I had the honor of getting to read two short stories of Eva's.

Beautiful day here. Sun is shining and snow is melting...no wind. Here on the prairie, that makes for a good day. Accomplished an enormous amount of work around here today in the house. Now it's time to go take my dog for a walk and enjoy the day.

Melissa...hope you are having a better day today.

Hey Linda...great letter you wrote to the Dr. Oz camp. OMG...quite a difference between the 5 baby spoons of yogurt and the 60-70 oz of Protein. LOL. BTW...green yogurt is my fav! (Pistachio and key lime pie).

Laura...heartwarming story on the 20 something yr old you coached into taking the steps to better health. Such a positive thing for him and hopefully he has the determination to follow through. Hopefully, you got the ball rolling for him to go down the road to a healthier lifestyle. It's gotta make you feel so great about a situation that seemed hopeless.

Arlene...count yourself as very fortunate to be able to go and get fresh fruits and veggies. We won't see a farmers market around here until late July. One thing I loved about being in Tucson was that fruits/veggies were always available....no can opener or soggy produce.

Eva...how did you do on your last story you turned in? I had the honor of getting to read two short stories of Eva's.

Beautiful day here. Sun is shining and snow is melting...no wind. Here on the prairie, that makes for a good day. Accomplished an enormous amount of work around here today in the house. Now it's time to go take my dog for a walk and enjoy the day.

Melissa...hope you are having a better day today.

Yes, I am definitely Blessed! I even saw Watermelon at the market today, I love watermelon, but I know it is high in sugar. They also have many varieties of jelly, jam, and salsas. I should have bought some salsa for my veggies. I might have to go back next week.

So glad you had a sunny day. I know all of you up north could use some sunshine. Hopefully, you will have a great weekend.

I am off to lifegroup. I will check in tomorrow. HUGS!

Okay, a breather.

Apples, I'm working on my final story which needs lots of work...everything else is turned in. I'm sure I have at least a B in the class...she says it takes a lot to get an A. We don't get Grades on the stories, just some editing notes, so who knows. Did you get all your chores done and all that stuff you were doing for the business?

Laura, glad to hear your patient is taking steps to help himself. It's a great thing to be able to help someone that's willing to help themselves. Nice weekend coming up...especially if you get to see Meredith. Keeping my prayers up for your mom and dad. So stressful. Hope he gets through this round and feels like visiting soon.

I've been busy doing another project...when I get the urge, I just have to do it and today I managed to get everything set so I can get the door frames done before or by the weekend. It's cool out right now...low 70's and perfect for working outside. It might even rain, but I doubt it.

Hello to everyone else, I can't remember the other posts....my brain is full with several things. I'll try and check in later.

Eva

Okay, a breather.

Apples, I'm working on my final story which needs lots of work...everything else is turned in. I'm sure I have at least a B in the class...she says it takes a lot to get an A. We don't get Grades on the stories, just some editing notes, so who knows. Did you get all your chores done and all that stuff you were doing for the business?

Laura, glad to hear your patient is taking steps to help himself. It's a great thing to be able to help someone that's willing to help themselves. Nice weekend coming up...especially if you get to see Meredith. Keeping my prayers up for your mom and dad. So stressful. Hope he gets through this round and feels like visiting soon.

I've been busy doing another project...when I get the urge, I just have to do it and today I managed to get everything set so I can get the door frames done before or by the weekend. It's cool out right now...low 70's and perfect for working outside. It might even rain, but I doubt it.

Hello to everyone else, I can't remember the other posts....my brain is full with several things. I'll try and check in later.

Eva

Yep, Eva...got all the work done, estimates paid, insurance submitted, other bookwork done, some rent paid and think I also maybe pulled a "B" cuz around here it is also hard to get an "A".

You'll get an A in my book

You'll get an A in my book

Awwww...that's nice to hear. Should add...DH is not the one doing the grading....I grade myself. Damn...could have given myself and "A"...next time.

Linda - Give me his address please- Great letter - I will have you guys proof mine - cuz I'm terrible at it..

Laura - I really won't know if the vertigo is gone till I stop taking the pills - think I might not take them tonite

I am starting a project - going to crochet my DS a blanket for his 40th bday - I made one for each of my GK's so thought my DS should have one too.. I have been in the mood to do something Peaches wants me to quilt - but that's just to much math for me LOL

Good evening from Wisconsin. Just have time for a quick checking. Just got home from my cousins house and saw family I hadn't seen in over 20 years. I am so glad I came. Family is hanging in there but tomorrow will be tough the funeral and all. Trying to read and keep up but a, falling behind here. Will be back soon.