Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Linda - sending prayers for your brothers.

Jodi - the doctor sounds wonderful. A gentle, listener and intelligent plus a gentleman. What a find.

Friday at PT, I was advised that can NOT lift anything heavier than a can of Soup -- for a month. This "little fall" has really set me back. They also advised I should check all my luggage and not lift while in Grand Cayman. Oh well, I'l read light weight books.

Saw the movie Lincoln Lawyer and loved it. Also saw Cedar Rapids today and loved it too - very funny.

90 degrees in K.C. today. Welcome warm weather.

Sandy - so excited for you having the TT. Know you will love the results. If you recuperate in a chaise lounge, you will NOT have the strength to put the lever up/down to get out of the chair. Someone will have to do it for you.

Hey Gang, I am back from my cruise. I had a blast. It was so relaxing and exciting at the same time. I ate well and didn't gain any weight. Probably cause I did alot of dancing. I rode a jetski in key west. That was the most fun of the whole trip. Jake rode with me so Hubby could really ride without throwing him off. He was scared when I first got up to speed but by the end I heard little giggles coming from behind me. Those are the best. We had lots of quailty time. Here are some pictures. these are from our formal night.

207521_1892979814487_1541303367_31991297_7651072_n.jpg

200006_1892981934540_1541303367_31991310_7853562_n.jpg

200004_1892982134545_1541303367_31991311_5887502_n.jpg

I was surprised to get on the scale this morning and see I hadn't gained.

I had a ton of school work to do and worked on it an hour at a time throughout the cruise. I finally got part 1 finished today. It was so much work. Took me so long. Now my professor is gonna send it back with notes on where I need to spend more time studying. I hope my grade comes up after all this time and effort I put in.

Hubby also fixed my new motorcycle so I my feet could touch the ground. It was way to tall for me. It fits perfect now and I have been crusin all over town on it. I love it. It is so easy to manuver. I am gonna ride it to school in the morning. I can't wait.

I use my iPad in class all the time. I take attendance on it. Keep grades on it. Do lots of keynote presentations with embedded video, music, text and photos. I can show YouTube and things on the Internet as well. It hooks right up to an LCD projector. My student love all the things I do with it and so do my admins.

Jessica, you are going to have to clue everyone in on exactly how you posted those pictures, which were amazing by the way. Hope you all saw my daughter's family pictures which I reposted on FB. All that gorgeous hair is now gone. But the tumor continues to shrink. I think she got sick from her kids and am going to go read about it on her FB page. So, keep praying for her. Linda, praying for your DB. Go see him. It's an emergency and you don't know how much longer he'll live from the sounds of it.

Spent some more time in the neighbor's garden. In the 70's here. I want to keep up with their weeds this year and not wait till they're taller than me.

I have four huge garbage bins full of weeds, leaves, and dead plants just from yesterday and today. I am sore! Saw Unknown with hubby. Love Liam Neeson. Tell me about Lincoln Lawyer. Any good?

Didn't go out to Red Lobster. Ate popcorn at movie theater instead. LOL. Back to sensible food tomorrow.

Starting to hurt all over from gardening. It will get me in good shape, I just have to watch my back.

Linda..just going to post this quick and then I'll get back on the thread later. Bro's illness sounds so much like MIL's did 9 yrs ago. Aortic anerysm (sp?). They were able to do surgery and she lived 8 yrs after. The symptoms sound so much like hers. Hugs. Just a stab in the dark but brought back our ordeal with her.

Jessica, beautiful family pics. Glad you had so much fun. Keep up the good work, you'll do fine in your classes.

LauraK

I uploaded the pictures to Facebook first. Once they are uploaded to the internet they are given a url code. You will need this url code to post them. To get it right click on the picture and a menu will appear. Select Properties from that menu and you will see the url code. Copy it. Come here to the area where you type your post and there is a little link on the toolbar that looks like a picture of a beach (beneath the font size). Click on that and a box will appear. Paste your url code into that box and click on "insert image" and you've got it. Just try it a few times and you'll get the hang of it. It is somewhat complicated and I don't understand why they set it up this way. We use to be able to share pictures so easily. Pictures really are an important part of our journey. They give us a fresh, less distorted view of ourselves.

Speaking of that. I still keep getting clothes that are too big. I see the smaller clothes and don't recognize them as my size still. My MIL gave me a couple shirts she thought should fit and I was surprised when they did. We are actually the same size and yet I see her as being alot thinner than me. If that makes sense. On the cruise ship I saw my reflection and thought it was another person walking behind me. I don't see the weightloss until I look at a picture. In the mirror I see the same thing I did 50-60 pounds ago. It's really strange.

We went shopping in the bahamas and I carried a backpack that weighed about 5- 10 pounds. I was really getting tired of carrying it cause it felt heavy but then the thought hit me, I had been carrying around 6-12 times that weight before the lapband.

Really I am still carrying 6-12 times that weight now. I can't imagine how I am gonna feel to get this off. I wonder too how I will be able to run.

Good Evening Gang!

Linda, I am so sorry your brother has taken a turn. I prayed for him, but I will pray for all of you. It is so hard on everyone. HUGS!

Janet, you Vertigo must really be frustrating. I only had it a couple of times, but it only last a day. I hope you are able to go to work tomorrow. Oh, I bought the Chaz Dean special. I want to try it. I think it may make my hair healthier. I need all the help I can get.

Jessica......I love the pics.......what a handsome family......and your DS....a cutie pie ! You look Marvelous Darling with that handsome DH!

Joyce......Boo! You really did hurt yourself when you fell. It is really hard to remember not to lift when you feel better. Maybe you can wear some kind of brace while traveling so you will be reminding not to lift and others will know you need help. Wow! your weather is hotter than ours. We are supposed to get a front in tomorrow. Probably will drop the temp a degree.

Cheri......funny text abbreviations. I really like my ipad. Of course I just use it to check email and google. My DH did download a program for printing. He hasn't got it to work yet. I think I may not have the right kind of printer.

Apples,.....How's your weather? Have you started planting yet? I guess you are getting ready to open the Lake house.

Julie.....you sound so much better. I know like me, you will find a plan that works. Boiling eggs and keeping them in the frig has really been helping for my snacking. My pup loves the yolks.

Hi Eva.........How is your garden growing?

Jodi and LauraK......thanks for the updates on your dates! I am happy for both of you!

Melissa......You doing better?

Well, I am watching The Kennedy's on the Reelz channel. Good show. I did walk this afternoon, but the food choices were not good....not bad either. I ate the turkey out of a sub sandwich, but I did eat some chips. We had a seminar at church today on finances. Box lunches were provided so I didn't have a choice in the matter. I thought we were going to have BBQ......NOT. I was planning to just eat the meat. Oh well......pushing through to tomorrow. Later!

I am trying our Jessicas picture inserting directions. If this works you will see a picture of my daughter and I from Christmas.197503_924054959520_22915717_48815285_4783813_s.jpg

197503_924054959520_22915717_48815285_4783813_n.jpg:D :D :D Thanks Jessica! Glad you enjoyed your cruise. You have a beautiful family!

Hi Beautiful Banders,

Linda – so sorry to hear that your bro isn’t doing well. I hope for a positive outcome and send positive vibes and prayers!

Sndycnrd – sounds like you had a god weekend! Hop looks really cute. Good job on winning the prizes too!

Jodi – Phyl sounds like a true gentleman. I am really happy for you!

Janet – here in Canada we have a great medical system but because it is free the waits can be years. So many times I have had to go self pay as my life is too precious to wait 2-5 years. With everyone retiring it will only get worse.

Cheri – Good work on the spring cleaning! My DH gets his new ipad in 2 wks as we are a later for a release here in Canada. I didn’t see your post too about the text codes. I loved it. I posted too as I don’t always see the posts in the thread.

Julie – glad you are feeling better!

I was up to early again & had another big nap today. Love those naps J.

Cooked a yummy dinner parmesan/tomatoe chicken breasts and roast potatoes.

I have a busy week ahead with work but some fun planned too. I am also attending Cavalia on Thursday night with my step-mom & Saturday night George Lopez with DH & friends. Everyone have a great week!

Hugs,

Kristi

197503_924054959520_22915717_48815285_4783813_n.jpg:D :D :D Thanks Jessica! Glad you enjoyed your cruise. You have a beautiful family!

Sandy - great photo!! xx

Hey Gang, I am back from my cruise. I had a blast. It was so relaxing and exciting at the same time. I ate well and didn't gain any weight. Probably cause I did alot of dancing. I rode a jetski in key west. That was the most fun of the whole trip. Jake rode with me so Hubby could really ride without throwing him off. He was scared when I first got up to speed but by the end I heard little giggles coming from behind me. Those are the best. We had lots of quailty time. Here are some pictures. these are from our formal night.

207521_1892979814487_1541303367_31991297_7651072_n.jpg

200006_1892981934540_1541303367_31991310_7853562_n.jpg

200004_1892982134545_1541303367_31991311_5887502_n.jpg

I was surprised to get on the scale this morning and see I hadn't gained.

I had a ton of school work to do and worked on it an hour at a time throughout the cruise. I finally got part 1 finished today. It was so much work. Took me so long. Now my professor is gonna send it back with notes on where I need to spend more time studying. I hope my grade comes up after all this time and effort I put in.

Hubby also fixed my new motorcycle so I my feet could touch the ground. It was way to tall for me. It fits perfect now and I have been crusin all over town on it. I love it. It is so easy to manuver. I am gonna ride it to school in the morning. I can't wait.