Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Please keep my brother in your prayers -- he's in ICU and not doing very well I don't know what is going on -- just know that all his kids went to his bedside today -- it's not good. I'm just so worried, it's hard cause no one has called my sister or me yet to tell us what;s happening.

Linda

Hi all,

Warmed up today, sun was out, took a long walk, worked on cleaning up the garden, uncovered tulips, irises, daffodils crocuses, mums, hollyhocks all poking up through soil. Tomorrow, sing in choir, go out to eat with gift card, maybe a movie.

My DH is having a blast with my I-pad. It's got its good points but mostly its just another techno time-waster. Still trying to find some ways to use it educationally with my students. I like it for downloading and reading books, but that's not real useful for my students. And downloading the books adds up fast. I can text on it but its way too inconvenient to make that a habit. I don't listen to music (except for choir music which I listen to in the car) so the i-tunes app is useless. Don't have an i-phone so synching with that isn't going to happen. My DH downloaded I-pad for Dummies so maybe he'll encounter something actually useful for teaching. Plenty of games but not educational except for pre-schoolers, whom I do not teach. I can watch movies with it, but again, it costs money to download them. Aargh. Maybe I'll contact Apple and ask them what the heck its good for in a classroom that won't cost me money.

I did clean my china cabinet today. Haven't cleaned it in years. Very little dust and grime gets in there but I was starting to notice it. Cleaned a few drawers, but basically vegged this spring break. Should have called Sandi but just didn't think of it.

Did better with food today, mostly because I was outside so much. Tutored this morning.

Back to the grindstone on Monday. I'll really have to sit on the students. They tend to think that once standardized testing and spring break are over, there's no reason to learn anything the rest of the year. Think I'll start playing a lot of my educational games with them as rewards.

Cheri

Please keep my brother in your prayers -- he's in ICU and not doing very well I don't know what is going on -- just know that all his kids went to his bedside today -- it's not good. I'm just so worried, it's hard cause no one has called my sister or me yet to tell us what;s happening.

Linda

Done...prayers said....thinking of you, Linda. Try to get ahold of someone to find out what is going on. You need to know. Sending the love. Take care

Linda, thinking of you a praying for you and your brother.

Good Morning Gang

Good Morning everyone!

Its another beutiful sunny yet brisk day in NY. You could smell spring is trying to break through! Am getting impatient however.....I want the sun, spring rain and bycycles allready!!!

Going to work this morning as I missed so much two weeks ago that I said I would come in for a few hours today for a makeup but wanted to post before hand to post about my date and respond to some posts which havent been able to lately even though been keeping up on the readings.

so had the most amazing time yesturday......met.....Phyl thats his name btw.....at Starbucks as planned. We sat there for about an hour or so just talking and enjoying the sun shining on us through the glass. We talked about what he does and what I do etc etc. He is a cadiac surgeon that owns some practices around the NY area. Funny he was the first person I was kind of hesitant about telling him I got the band. I guess telling him this would be telling him several other health concerns that as a doctor he might have had a problem with.......but nope I told him as we were planning on where to go for dinner.....and funny thing.....he didnt ask the usual questions you get....about the whys of deciding etc etc......no his response was are you stilll taking your Vitamins daily? lol. I thought this was really funny. I also felt I was at my surgeons monthly apt as this is always the first question they ask at the visit.

When I laughed and told him the above thought....he explained....that he had several patients that had been banded and was very familiar and the one issue that always seems to be foremost when people loose the weight and get healthier in general is to stop taking the Vitamins which are so important because your body jsut doesnt process and assimiliate the food the same way regardless of bypass or banding the same way as without banding. Then we talked about if I had any problems with any particular foods etc etc and getting sick, sliming etc....wow!! youd have thought I was going out with a surgeon. hahhhaha guess I was but he doesnt do lap bands. Hes a thorasic, cardiologist or whatever. In any case it was nice having someone understand what it is and the medical stuff involved and he never asked how much weight did I loose or the reasons medically behind it of course I told him! cause I am so proud. He wasnt concerned at all......

We went to dinner and sat there for about two hours. There wasnt a moment of silence. He is truly a nice person......enjoyable and entertaining, cute and sooooo charming and hes a gentleman. I like him alot!!! Called me when he got home to tell me how nice a time he had and how hed love to see me again. hmmmm!! Me too....so I think we might see each other on Thursday before or after my support group meeting! Ill keep you posted. Lots more to tell but so little time but ya all get the drift....I am lking this man!!!

Linda my prayers and thoughts are with you...you must speak to one of those kids of your brother to find out what the heck is going on......this may be their parent but you are his sister and at this time you all need each others support and you and your sister is just as important as the children....Demand your time with him and knowledge of whats going on......and to be kept in the loup. Perhaps in their despair they are unaware how important this is to you and possibly to him as well to have his siblings together just as all the children who are siblings for support. Dont give up. praying for him.

Janet, Thank god for friends who care....thats all I have to say!! Sometimes Doctors do help!! Sometimes having to pay out of pocket because of stupid insurance crap/waiting is whats needed....but at our age....and with banding its essential that if theres something wrong we need to address it so it doesnt get out of hand or dangerous. So....good that she didnt leave you the choice....well I did say something didnt I??? lol couldnt help myself. SORRY!

Julie, you do sound so much better! You will feel better soon as well.....btw just because you arent banded doesnt mean that you should go back to old habbits that really wasnt good for health or dieting......yes, talking about the um what you call soda....POP. We have learned that anything with fizz created gas and bloats our stomachs...causing us to think we are full so we dont have room for food....but we arent sooooo when that fizz dies we are still starving and then eat more then we should. It also isnt healthy....sugar or sugar substitutes......research demonstrates that people who dont drink sodas....loose about 20 lbs more and faster then those who drink diet sodas.....

Just a thought......just because you dont have the band doesnt mean that you can start with all the crap again.....

dont mean to be mean but.......am calling you out on this one!!

Everyone seems to be going places....coming back etc.......well I hope you all enjoy or have enjoyed!!!

okay, thanks again for all the good thoughts and wishes with the Dassi issues...yes, somehow it will be taken care of....might not be the exact responses that Im seeking but I will adjust to what ever will be like always......life is about a series of adjustments.........got to go with the flow!!! keep the juju coming though the fight has just begun!!!

Have a great day

Jods

We went to Pins for Pups last night. What fun! It was a bowling fund raiser for Magnificent Mutts, a local dog rescue group. About ten of the firemen at my husbands station bought tickets so we had a big group of friends. It is actually the mother of one of the firemen who runs the organization.

Anyway, we won lots of prizes. The first was the door prize which is a grooming session for Charlie at a local doggy beauty shop. Next we won a die cast motorcycle in the raffle. We are taking it to my sisters’ grandson today. And last I won a manicure / pedicure and a basket of products in the silent auction. LOL, there must have been some kind of mix up – I opened my basket this morning to see what was in it and there is lots of hand and foot products. Then I opened the gift certificate and found a certificate for a haircut and style. Ooops, it looks like the certificate for the mani pedi went in the haircut basket and the certificate for the haircut went in the mani pedi basket.

Oh well, I needed a haircut too. Like I said, it was a fun night and, as I kept reminding my husband as I bought lots of tickets, it was for the pups!:D

Good morning all. It's so nice out - stayed warm over night - think our high was around 70 yesterday and is 55 now and sunny but alas it's raining north of us so not sure how long the sunshine will last.

We still haven't heard anything - my neice had e-mailed my sister and me a few days ago saying he was readmitted and they weren't happy with the amount of Fluid in his lungs and now were finding Fluid in his abdomen -- and my neice who's an RN said she had no idea what the H was going on and would let us know. Then yesterday afternoon we got home from Hop (very cute movie by the way) and there were statuses from my one neice and her mom saying "please pray for David, he's taken a turn for worse and is in ICU". I called my sister and she doesn't know anything either. Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds, but I'm worried cause you'd think someone would call us -- there's 4 kids -- they are all pretty close to my sister and I -- so that's why we're so worried -- either it's not as bad as it sounds or they're so distraught they just can't call. Last time I spoke to my DB -- about a week ago -- he was off the meds and although he still felt weak, believed he was doing better.

Cheri sounds like you're out of your slump - sounds like you're ready to get back to work. Glad the end of the week had some nice weather for you.

Sandy, how exciting that your TT is just a month away -- I need to get my act together and go in for a consult and see if I can get my insurance to pay for it -- I have complained of rashes since losing my weight. I've been at the same weight for over a year so hopefully I could get approved. If I don't put baby powder on every day I get very bad rashes. I also think the hanging skin pulls on my back and causes my lower back to hurt more than it should (after losing all the weight) -- i was hoping after losing the weight that my back would be much improved, but it hasn't really helped and I think it's cause of this heavy skin. I also have loose skin around my waist which I think they could fix too -- then I would be able to wear better fitting clothes. But if my insurance won't pay I won't have it done, simply can't afford that.

Took Aylah to see Hop -- very cute -- first time she's ever been to a "movie theater" -- she did well but was a little antsy. Cute story - we took our own Snacks -- I had taken her a fruit roll up, couple tootsie rolls and a granola bar - DH had taken some mini hershey bars -- she had a few of his -- we took bottled Water for each of us -- and halfway through the movie my DH was having another candy bar and offered her another one and she told him, "I don't want any more - I've already had enough sugar". Seriously -- she's 4 going on 25. LOL.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday -- I'll cbl.

Linda

Linda, make the time and go for the consult. The consultation is free and you can get lots of information. If you are going to try to get insurance to pay be sure to play up the back pain and skin rashes. The PS I went to said that insurance will pay only if there is medical problems. I told him about my skin rashes and he said mine were no way bad enough to qualify. He told me that they usually pay if the panus is very large (about half way down the thigh) and significant back problems. He said he would submit it for approval but that realistically, I would not be approved. I will be self pay at $7000. It's a lot of money, but this is what I need to put some closure on the fat phase of my life. We saved for a year for this so we could pay cash. I didn't know until I went for the consultation that there is financing availble through credit care.

I hope you get some info on your brother soon.

Hi Beautiful Banders,

I was up to early today couldn’t sleep so I may have to have a nap J.

I had 2 small glasses of wine, a martini & a few extra crackers with dip and I am up .6 of a pound! Crap, yesterday was my day of rest so I will have to kick it up a notch!

Food yesterday:

· 1 egg, spinach & feta

· Atkins shake

· 2 Non fat lattes

· 1 cup taco meat, veggies and salsa

· ½ C cottage cheese

· ½ C taco meat

· 2 baby bell cheeses

· 2 small glasses of red wine

· Crantini

· 4 rice crackers & guac

· 4 rice crackers & guac

I usually don’t drink but I wanted to live a little J. That resulted in the crackers. I usually add chicken but cooked taco meat and I just love it. I usually try not to have red meat more than 3 times a week.

DH had a Migraine coming on yesterday so we didn’t get to the fence. Have house guests and we may get to the fence today.

I had to work yesterday for 4 hours so today no work as I have a crazy week ahead. I plan to make sure I stay on my workouts.

CBL – It is all about purses with outside pockets or storage. That is a must. Love the purses of the designer you mentioned.

Everyone have a great Sunday! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hugs,

Kristi

Good laugh - MIDDLE AGE TEXTING CODES: ATD -at the doctors. BFF -best friend fell. BTW -bring the wheelchair. BYOT -bring your own teeth. FWIW -forgot where I was. GGPBL -gotta go, pacemaker battery low. GHA -got heartburn again. IMHO -is my hearing aid on. LMDO -laughing my dentures out. OMMR -on my massage recliner. OMSG -oh my! sorry, gas. ROFLACGU -rolling on floor laughing and can't get up. TTYL -talk to you louder

Talked to me neice a couple hours ago. My brother is on a ventilator -- his blood hemoglobin is very low, they are having problems keeping his blood pressure stabilized, his kidneys are failing and his abdomin was very hard and they believe he's bleeding somewhere so took him for a CAT scan and will start dialysis. She said they will most likely do an abdomin surgery once the CAT scan shows what is going on . No one understands what is happening - no one can figure out what is wrong. He's in a good place - University of Pitts. hospital - so I know he'll get the best care and they'll do whatever they can. Thanks for prayers. I believe that prayers work. He's got a 20 year old, 23 year old and two older daughters and 4 small grandkids -- they all deserve to have him around a lot longer - he's too young. Please continue to pray. Thanks.

Linda

Jodi,

Yahoo on the great date. You deserve it. Have fun with the Dr. Glad the situation with Dassi is working out or in the right direction for her.

Linda, continued prayers for your DB.

Kristi, You are doing great.

Cheri, I'm sure you'll find a way to make that ipad work for your kids.

Sandy, wtg on all the prizes.

I had two dates this week, spur of the moment ones and we had fun. Seems like a nice guy left it at we'll see were this goes. Have been texting for a couple of weeks so it was great to meet.

LauraK

Good Sunday Morning friends............... Just home from church.... I prayed for us all and now, Linda, I have prayed for your brother and his family and you!!!! God Bless you all..........

Jodi, I'm so glad you had such a lovely time with Phil....... good conversation is a nice way to start any relationship......... and okay, girl, I hear you about the pop..... but it was only one and I didn't really enjoy it, so just give me some time to find my new life.... you have to remember that I haven't really been doing the "band" thing for 2 years..... I have been maintaining and plan to continue.... I just really need to get strong so I can walk and get exercise I haven't had in almost that long... I made a pact with my DD for after the baby comes to work on this together......... Oh and by the way, in my last post I said that DH and I had talked everything out and were okay now.... I meant DD..... hope you all got that .... Nothing wrong between me and DH...... thank goodnes..... He's been very worked up lately and wants to try to quit smoking again.. I will do my best to support him......

Cheri, have a nice Sunday and then back to your world.... I know you love it...... but it takes it's toll on you.... stay cool.....

Laura K, glad you haven't given up playing the field.... your prince will come..... always have to kiss a few toads..... I know I did...... Some were of that sort that made toads look pretty good!!!!!! Have fun.....

Well, need to get something to eat and take my meds..... Have a great day.................... Hugs to all............... Julie

Morning....late morning but still before noon.

Linda, prayers going out to your brother. I hope they figure out what's going on with him. Hugs to you. It's unfortunate that insurance is so difficult when it comes to the extra skin. It is a problem and is hard to deal with. I think you should have a consult at least. It wouldn't hurt. I think when I get to that point (and that won't be soon) I'll end up in Mexico again. My surgeon has someone he highly recommends and I trust him.

Julie, nice to see your life calming down and getting back to normal. As you gain strength by doing a little every day, you will feel so much better. You might have a new grandbaby before you know it.

Janet, hate to see you down with that vertigo. I only get it when I don't get a cold...like Apples mentioned. I've had it so bad, I've ended up in the emergency room, mostly because I was throwing up so bad and I couldn't stand. I've episodes that bad twice....didn't go to the ER the second time. I only get it now....a little...when everyone around me is getting colds and I don't. It's an inner ear thing with me...I get motion sickness too sometimes. Really glad you have a good enough friend to take you to the ER.

Jodi, I'm so sorry you are having such problems with Dassi's funds and happy you've been able to find help from the rabbi's. The rabbi that presided over the two bar mitzvah's I've been to seem to be a down to earth and common sense guy. I really liked him. Good luck with your new date, it's hard to find compatible people.

Apples, I can't imagine your neighbors saying anything about you being out in your PJ's...LOL. I'll send you some of the head from here so your snow will melt. It was in the 90's the last two days. Too hot too early.

Cheri, very cute texting language. Sometimes the quiet week is exactly what we need. Maybe it was a good thing even if you were a little bored. I will keep my prayers up for your daughter too. She has a long haul but she also has support and that helps.

I'll post more later...need to concentrate on homework. Got distracted by The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo series.

Later,

Eva

Hi all,

Warmed up today, sun was out, took a long walk, worked on cleaning up the garden, uncovered tulips, irises, daffodils crocuses, mums, hollyhocks all poking up through soil. Tomorrow, sing in choir, go out to eat with gift card, maybe a movie.

My DH is having a blast with my I-pad. It's got its good points but mostly its just another techno time-waster. Still trying to find some ways to use it educationally with my students. I like it for downloading and reading books, but that's not real useful for my students. And downloading the books adds up fast. I can text on it but its way too inconvenient to make that a habit. I don't listen to music (except for choir music which I listen to in the car) so the i-tunes app is useless. Don't have an i-phone so synching with that isn't going to happen. My DH downloaded I-pad for Dummies so maybe he'll encounter something actually useful for teaching. Plenty of games but not educational except for pre-schoolers, whom I do not teach. I can watch movies with it, but again, it costs money to download them. Aargh. Maybe I'll contact Apple and ask them what the heck its good for in a classroom that won't cost me money.

I did clean my china cabinet today. Haven't cleaned it in years. Very little dust and grime gets in there but I was starting to notice it. Cleaned a few drawers, but basically vegged this spring break. Should have called Sandi but just didn't think of it.

Did better with food today, mostly because I was outside so much. Tutored this morning.

Back to the grindstone on Monday. I'll really have to sit on the students. They tend to think that once standardized testing and spring break are over, there's no reason to learn anything the rest of the year. Think I'll start playing a lot of my educational games with them as rewards.

Cheri