Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi all.....

Hope everyone had a fabulous day and played a few pranks more then got played themeselves on!!

Its Friday night and Dassi is at my parents for shabbos and ive finially had some quiet time to think, contemplate and organize my messy room!! Have not begun to change over the spring clothes from winter and im thinking nows a good time to start!!!

I Love diet books and cook books that talk about healthy foods and such.....the one book that really helped me loose the 80lbs so far is called "The diet solution" stop dieting, start eating and start living...by Isabel De los Rios......you can look at it at www.TheDietSolutionProgram.com.

What I loved about this program is it tells you what you should be eating and doing....and how to do it and if you decide to not eat the correct way...then what you should be eating the next best ways.....for instance lets take ummmm Sugar for example....She will give you a paragraph or to as to what sugar is and what it does to your body in this case it would be make you gain weight, fat, develop focus and attention deficitts, hyperactivrty and the whys.....she will do the same with good foods for you and tell you whys of how they can benefit you....then she will go on to tell you all the different forms sugar takes and what to look for in products...that try to fool you into thinking that there is no sugar...then she will talk about....how to eat sugar, the whens, whys and in what substititutions if you feel you need to eat it in the best way possible that it will do the least harm.......

I like it because it gives me the alternatives, and says "yes" you can have the "what evers" and not deny yourself....just do it in the best possible way!!! She also talks about the importance of exercise along with food watching............the premise is to get healthy, eat good whole foods and exercise daily............in fact.....you all talking about books and all....have prompted me to get back to basics and brought out the program again and starting from the beginnning once again!!!! Thank you....its the kick in the butt I needed.....and now that spring is in the air its time to start excersing again!!!!! outside....I ened a bycycle and so does Dassi....so Sunday will start looking around!

I said I would keep everyone posted about the tuition and camp etc situation.....so here goes it. No dice for reversing the decision. My lawyer spole to the court and the response was not good. The judge is standing in his decision..and he feels it is his job to make sure that the child has money when she reaches 18 thats the final decision. Well ive go to words for him....but there is nothing to be done.

I did make some phone calls as embarrassing as they might have been.....actually three and need to make at least two more.....but can only feel embarrassed so much in one week....need to spread it out so I wont completely loose it!! The first was to the community Rabbi....who is the rabbi that I speak to most in the community where we go to services and are a member of the shul. He and his wife was at the Bat Mitzvah as well. I called him and boy was he pissed, but again he knows nothing of the system soooo he said what he can do for me is two things......one is help with passover right now that he can do right away which will relieve some pressure for the next two weeks so not to have to worry about that....(didnt even get to thinking about passover yet because of all this so he was right about that) wasnt sure what he meant but he asked for my address again and the last time he did that he sent me a check for 500 dollars for food which was really helpful three years ago...so I think this was what he meant..that is nice and so appreciated. The next thing was to tell me that im not alone and that we will work through all this together and think of options and make them happen. Firstly letting HALB know what occured and if they demand money or say she cannnot be enrolled again.....that I must phone him emmediately and he will make sure they do no such thing....he promises they will not kick her out.

That to me is the biggest consolation....because I know he means to do what he says always so.....he has alot of clout and the biggest supporters of the school in the community are members of his shul...soooo I guess he knows who to talk to to pull support etc etc if they do something like this....makes me feel alot more secure....didnt help that I cried on the phone mercilesslessly but I just was so touched by this......and the third was to contact an organization that he said could help with other options....sooooo

the next call was to the school....I left a message with the information for the director and he hasnt phoned me back as of yet however, by this time I know they are full aware of the situation from several sources,....and not looking forward to them getting back to me at all.....im so embarrassed by it all. Bottom Line is that its not my fault that this occured it is out of my control and unexpected and I could only be sorry about it but I should be embarrased for myself.....so why do I???? Why???? but it is an embarrasing situation no matter whos to blame.....the fact is that I dont have enough on my own to pay for it all and that is what is embarrassing! okay...enough!

the next phone call was to this organization that was soooo amazingly compassionate and made me feel so much better was the Rabbi who ran the organization who took my call immediately and listened.....and of course when I started to break down he said please...please dont get upset because if you get upset I will get upset at myself for making you feel the need to get upset....I just had to laugh at that.....after that....we had an amazing conversation. What a fabulous person.....and he as well wanted to reasure me that HALB was not going to kick her out that he had many connections and will make sure that this year is taken care of totally that was the first thing he said he was going to do....the second was that he agreed that even though camp was a little expensive it was important like the school she stay there and he would get help for this as well for this summer and the money owed to my mother he would get together right away from funds....because this was most pertinenet at this moment with passover coming and extra expense of it. hmmm. He then went on to assure me that I have nothing to feel bad about, be embarrassed about or in any way guilty for what happened.....and so on and so on.....and I was really grateful. Bottom line....even if both Rabbis cant help with everything...they were soooo amazing about all this and there comforting words and reassurance was enough to make me get myself together enough to realize that there will be a light at the end of this mess.....and tomorrow will be a brighter day!!!!!

So this is where I am at with this whole crappy situation....but at least I have people who are now going to work with me to help figure all this out for this year and the next few years ahead. They also said they are going to talk to their lawyers to see if there really isnt any legal ways to make this money available to Dassi before 18 so that she can choose how she will use it.....for yeshivah, camp, Israel, clothes, whatever she will want or need that I wont be able to afford all alone. So enough about alll this....for sure bored you all to death by now!!! Thanks for all the concern and support I will keep you guys posted as things come up.....if anyone has any other ideas that....can help please feel free.......im all out if racking my brain.

I just need to say one more thing about this and then ill be really finished!!! What im really pissed about with all this is.......in the beginning of this whole experience with the court and monies and how things worked.....I chose the school and camp and did the bat mitzvah with full understanding that this is what the court was going to share with in the expenses, they agreed these were there best places for her to be at and agreed to allow me to take half and pay myself with half. Had I gotten a no way from the very start....I would have chosen different for her.....a less expensive yeshivah that might not have had the many great benefits but would have been satisfactory and what I was able to afford on my own. The same goes for camp and she would not have had as big a bat mitzvah not that it was in any way big....but it would have been without adults, or without the magician or withoput the centerpieces....it would have been okay.,...but I worked with what I had and even then it was a struggle but it was all doable.,...so because they granted the petitions with the explanations from the start.....how can they dare expect me to be able to afford these institutions alone now?? How can they think its in her best interest to take her out now...after three years of just getting settled because a new judge sees things differently and doesnt give a rats ass.....as to all of the above....and most of alll Im mad as hell at Ron...and the poor guy cant even defent himself!!!!

k......im now finished!!!! really....

sooooo.....now that thats out the way.......................................BIGGGGG NEWWWWSSSSSS

I met someone!!!!! Yes, a man!!! lol. Out of no where really!!! One I actually really like!!! Further more I think he even likes me back just as much. I kind of feel like a kid. Hes amazing. hes cute, and funny and charming and truly likeable!!! It just happened this past week and havent had time to post or tell anyone except my mom about him yet!!!

He contacted me on that jewish dating site that I joined months ago. I havent looked at in in ages and since the beginning of preparation for the B.M. I never even checked on it. Just so happens on Tuesday I got this message from the site that my subscription was going to end.....and I was like so what.....havent looked at in in ages.....and wanted to let them know to cancel it.....so signed on and there was a message waiting....hmmmm and I didnt get a notification which was strange....but opened it up and there was a message from some guy who read my profile and was impressed YADAYADAyAA....and would love it if id get in contact with him.....so I sent him a message....after of course checking his profile and thought he was right......we could be a good match!!!

So...contacted him and turns out yesturday he was close by so we met for coffee and sat for three hours.......and really hit it off!!!! After getting home.....last night he called to say he really had a great time and would love if he can take me out on a real date.......wooo hooo!!! so we are going out tomorrow night.....so excited that today ran to Loemans.....where I saw they had some nice things on the clearance racks and said...what the heck...so I bough two amazing dresses for 35 bucks each!!! couldnt resist the second. soooo have the perfect outfit for tomorrow...got my nails done and mustered the energy to think about orgainizing my room tonight!!!!

but....you should all know.....im optomistic until he makes his first mistake then you all know im going to throw his arse out the door......but until then......OMG did I need this little reprieve from the last two weeks like nobodys buisness!!! ..........whats really interesting and strangely odd is that.....he contacted me on the day of Dassis Bat Mitzvah and his bat mitzvah torah reading is the same as Dassi....that I spoke to her about in my speech to her.........and the day I prayed my eyes out ....Monday before speaking to these Rabbis....asking god for help and sending me a sign....any little one......and thats the day I signed on and got this message. hmmmm perhaps im reading into but its all about coincidences and this to me seems very connectable!!! At least it gave us something to talk about for at least an hour!!! He was pretty impressed that I new so much about this particular torah reading and he told me that night on the phone what clinched it for him was that I was so knowledgable about his torah reading and was able to give him interpretations of it that he himslef had thought of many times and when I picked the topic to speak on.....it wasnt going to be on that torah reading at all......that just happened by accident really!!! but thats for another post!!!

in any case....Ill let you know about the date tomorrow night!!!!

Told you all id be back by end of the week to junk up the thread.....lol

btw.....been working real hard on those last ten pounds....and lost three of the five that I gained...thank god!!!!! so...getting back on track....now for the excersise....but i know same ole same ole...gotta get to it enough talk!!!!!

Have a good night all

Jods

Melissa, I know your DH is being a butt. Men always feel less than whole when they can't give their families all their needs. Try real hard to reassure him that you understand. I am praying for you a full time position. What is a carb monster Soup? Where are the recipes?

Someone was talking about the website living after weight loss and the 5 day pouch test. Well they sell Soup called carb monster. I just bought the two they sell you just add Water they ared pretty tasty.

Jodi, there's no shame in needing or asking for help. I remember after I had gone through a divorce and then lost my job, my church asked what they could do to help and I needed major neck surgery at the time. I asked for them to pay for my Cobra. I could handle all my other bills but not that. They paid it, I had my surgery, and I have more than paid that forward in my tithing and in the fact that I have been able to handle a job where all I do is help children. Hope your new guy works out.

Apples, you really had me going. Good one.

Lots of prayers needed. The Lord bless you and all you love and keep you and cause his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and grant you his peace.

Thanks for your prayers on Rachel. She'll be on chemo till July or August, then surgery followed by radiation to prevent any recurrence followed by reconstructive surgery. Very different protocol than what she would have been on out here. She is now a patient at University of Chicago because they are top of the line. They changed her protocol to what their top Dr. feels is her best chance of surviving this. Apparently, once you remove the tumor and lymph nodes you have no way of tracking the effectiveness of the chemo. They are praying that she will be among the 25% whose chemo totally eradicates the cancer, but will do the other treatments prophylactically.

One scary piece of info she came back with is that the reason suburban and non-top hospitals misdiagnose or can't diagnose is because most of them have equipment that is at least 20 years old. Remember Rachel's mammogram couldn't "see" her tumor even though they could feel it? Scary, huh?

So I didn't make plans to go anywhere over spring break because I thought my daughter was going to need me. Well, she really didn't, she has so many other people helping her. My husband worked the whole time, so mostly I've spent my time reading and eating. Can't keep having such dull vacations. i need to work on getting a more normal life so that i have friends to see and places to go during my vacations. I tend to end up depressed by the end of my vacations. And glad to go back to work. This time I wish I had more time. And money. I'd get the H out of here.

Cheri

Morning all -- I see buds on my tree right outside my window here in my little home office -- that's exciting!!

Apples, I stopped and paused and thought "now how in the H did she gain that much weight? Her scale must be off" -- but didn't think about it being an April Fools joke --can't believe you got us with that cause 18 lbs is a lot of weight -- we should have been much more suspicious. LOL. How's FIL? Did you see him yesterday or is it today you are going?

Tiime and money two things I never have had enough of. Cheri, sorry your vacation was boring -- too bad you and Sandy couldn't have gotten together during that time. I understand though that you thought your daughter might need you and it was nice that she didnt' - she's probably worried about bothering you on your time off.

Jodi, glad you are reaching out and asking for help. Don't be embarassed - there's nothing shameful about it - think of Dassi - you're doing this for her - not for any selfish reasons -- Dassi lost her father - that's not your fault -- so please don't feel embarassed -- that's part of what they are there for. I'm so excited to hear about this new guy -- sounds very very promising -- good for you -- can't wait to hear how the date goes tonight -- I'm so excited. By the way I enjoyed all the pics from the BM - and you did NOT look at all fat in that dress -- you looked lovely. We see such different things in our pictures than other people see.

Arlene, I take Vit D every day along with all my other vitamines -- I'm now taking the Gummy adult Vitamins -- really good -- get them at sames - 300 for $9.95 - take two per day. I also take Super B Complex marked energy metabolism -- and my Calcium. That garden is really coming along -- so exciting -- I can't wait to plant my tomatoes -- we finally got our above ground planter done for tomatoes -- missed them so much. Reminds me when I first moved to Long Beach - we moved into a house that had these huge planters in the back yard -- big enough to plant gardens-- so we did -- the kids were young and they had never been exposed to a garden before -- they really loved it -- we had corn growin gin out back yard -- unheard of in Long Beach - all our neighbors probably were afraid we were like the Beverly Hillbillies. LOL. I remember Bryan who was 4 at the time - started eating veggies after that cause he had "grown them himself." I know Aylah will be excited about the tomotoes too -- she loves doing anything with us -- she loves working.

Glad the week is over -- was very busy at work and I'm worn out. This week we're supposed to have Water aerobics following zumba - -think it will be good -- feel good on the muscles so I'll be doing extra exercise this week -- so excited to have more to do that I love.

Lori, enjoy your time in Denver -- when are you going and how long this time? Have you had any more thoughts about buying a condo in Denver? Be nice to have a condo and a car there - especially if you plan to retire there. The external hard drives are very easy -- install it and once a month or so I just move stuff into it -- not a big deal - very simple -- that way if your computer crashes you just plug the external hard drive into another computer and voila -- all your files are there and accessible on the new computer. Like I said I think I spent only $50 on mine and it has a huge capacity -- I'll never fill it up probably.

Arlene - did you and your DH decide to go on that cruise? Sounds fabulous - wish I had the time to go -- of course, can't plan anything at all with Katie's problems -- we feel so tied down - poor DH was hoping to visit my DS over the winter in LV but never was able to leave -she seems to be doing better -- keeping our fingers crossed that she is making good choices.

Janet, what are your plans for the weekend?

Eva, what are you planning for your FNSC dinner for Easter weekend? Are you doing all the food for that or does everyone still bring something?

Laura -- when are you and Nelson going home? From the pics on FB looks like you've been very very busy all week -- and having fun -- your Dad looks happy in the pics -- so glad you and Nelson were able to go - I know it means everything to him. You're such a wonderful daughter. Did you say your sister is working?

Kristi - hope you have a nice and relaxing weekend -- your business sounds great -- you are one ambitious woman by the sounds of it. Good for you.

LauraK -- I think we can breathe a sigh of relief -- I think spring is really about here. Soon you'll be out in that garden sweating.

Julie, hope you're doing good this weekend -- getting stronger every day.

Well, gotta get moving -- need to work out and do some shopping and Aylah wants to hang out so think we might take her to see Hop this afternoon -- looks so cute.

Love to all.

Linda

Meredith - have a great time in Florida -- say hi to the sand and beach for me -- when I was there last year I walked one hour every day on the beach -- ate and drank whatever I wanted all week and didn't gain -- just an idea for you -- loved walking witih feet getting wet in the Water -- was a great workout.

Joyce -- when do you leave on your trip? Can't remember -- you may have already left --hope you have a great time as well.

Phyl, are you in Mexico yet?

If I've left anyone else out please forgive me -- I suffer greatly from CRS.

Did any of you check out the eagle cam link I sent a few days ago? One of the eggs hatched this morning.

Linda

Hi beautiful banders,

I hope I mention everyone but the tread is not showing on the link on the website.

Wow, what a week. I have another crazy week with a number of hot labour relations issues – not fun! Losing sleep but trying to stay healthy and on track.

Food wise I had a better balance of the week with no sticking. I have just had to slow down my eating to 30-45 mins for each meal. I am puree more and eat in slow motion. I think though I have found my sweet spot!

Workout wise I have had a good week. I have worked out daily for 40-80 mins daily. I am sore from getting back into weights. Trying to move the scale and it is coming slowly .4-.5 each time. I am trying to get below 230lbs and today I am at 230 so I am sure I can do it in the next 3-4days. Then on to the next goal! I am also thinking about my rewards too! I really love this new Coach purse but it is crazy expensive. But I think I will treat myself to keep me motivated! I am going to see if the outlet mall in WA has it so I can save some $’s as in Canada they are more expensive.

I am reading “ Living and Eating after WLS by Susan Maria Leach” I have been so tired at night I can read. I still find that with my work load and eating less that I need to nap more still. Not a bad habit on the weekends. During the week I am going to bed earlier which is also a good habit since I am up at 5:30am as I like to work out before work.

Apples – that cruise sounds great! Maybe we all should meet and do something like that? I am always game!

Ocotillo – I too eat the top of pizzas. I hosted a casual business lunch with pizza and Soup. I didn’t have time to be fancy and it was a hit. The best part as I could eat and fit in.

Sleeve Talk – If I ever had to have my band replaced I would look at that for lifelong solution. I know there are pros and cons. But it is permanent!

I too and tired of being the fat one! I still have a big journey ahead! But I am determined this time and feel that I am on the right track. This group gives me the support as do many others that I have surrounded myself with. I want to be the blonde skinny bixxh J!

IndioGirl – great work on getting back to the gym!

1 day at at time – sorry to hear about your hubby. Give him so space but don’t give up. Keep the communication up and hopefully he will turn around. Make sure you still put yourself first and get the support you need from your friends and family. I wish you the best – big hugs!

I have to catch up with work this morning – urg! Hope the rain will stop as we are going to repair the fence. I want to repair and paint it before it is patio and planting weather.

I have my brother-in-law and niece staying tonight. Should be a fun night!

Tomorrow more house chores and something fun or active with the hubby.

Love you guys! Big hugs to all! Have a great weekend all!

Cheers,

Kristi

:rolleyes:

Good Morning Gang!

Apples......lol! You are too funny! I told the doctor I wasn't sure if I wanted to live in this world a long time considering the direction it is going. Also, I want to live long, but with a good mind and body. I don't want to depend on my kids.

Linda, I tried to watch the 17 day diet episode. I tried from my ipad with no success. Did you know they are doing a 17day challenge so it must be going to show again. I am still doing the eggs, lemon Water, and counting my calories on Livestrong. I think I have stopped at 5lb loss because I went off track a few times. I am still plugging away. I walked this morning and hope to get back to Water aerobics on Monday.

We are going a cruise at Christmas to Belize. No Christmas stress this year. We are having a Thanksgiving Christmas.

Kristi.....good going on reaching your goals. Wow! 80 minute workouts. I would be exhausted! Great rewards herself with Coach purses. I think she has bought two or three since she was banded. Right Great?

Janet.....I am not buying on QVC today, but the Today's Special is Chaz Dean hair Product. I know you use it.

Jodi......thanks for sharing about your outcome on Dassi's school. See, God provides.....you just have to ask. When you Bless.....you are Blessed! Woohoo! on meeting a nice man. You know we want to know all about the date. I think I may have bought the Diet Solution. I will have to go through my diet books. I like plans that are not drastic......and keep it REAL!

Cheri, still praying for your DD. Sometimes it is good to have down time on a vacation.......glad you got some reading done.

Eva.......the Easter party sounds fun. Our church is asking for volunteers to do egg hunts in our neighborhoods. Remember, the last two years we have had an egg hunt at the high school stadium. A helicopter dropped the eggs. Well, it was advertised on the radio and people from all over Houston showed up to grab the eggs for their own hunts. We saw women carrying hundreds of eggs while small children's baskets were empty and they were crying. It just didn't work and was very expensive. Anyway, I can't volunteer my neighborhood because the city has decided to do road work. UGH! I may help in another neighborhood. So far, we are having 30 neighborhood hunts.

Okay, I am off to a birthday party with my two DGDs. I'll check in this eve. Have a great saturday!

Good Morning Gang

Gf candy came over Thrusday nite I changed her bandage she had carbultunnel surgery and we watch Idol do that's why I didn't post - Then yesterday morning getting ready for work had a BAD vertigo episode - so called into work cuz it I just couldn't stop spinning = I have another gf at work who is freinds w/Candyand they were talking and she told Candy I wasn't at work cuz of my vertigo so she called said go to doc - I said ya ya I will on Monday cuz our insurance changed on 4/1 and I don't have new card (I do have my group # but didn't tell her that - I am not a doc person - I know most of you go to doc - but I just don't) - I just wanted to sleep cuz of the meds - well she calls back an hr later say get up I am on my way to take you to the ER (now understand her right had is all bandaged cuz of her surgery) - So i got up cuz if I didn't she would bug me to death - so went to ER - yep it's confirmed I have vertigo not an anuruzim (sp) or anything get - Positional Vertigo.. - they gave me script of Mezcline which is the drug in bonne & dramabean (sp) they had me take one - there at the hospital - I apoligized to the doc for taking up his time ... Told Candy told you so- but I really appreciate the love and worry - Have a few friends who sorta worry about me living alone.. Mostly cuz my bro died home alone..

So I will not be putting my head below my heart - am feeling better today - but yesterday was the worse - I sure hope the stone/crystals hurry up and re-aline themselves.

Charlene - I bought the Pomgrande TSV on auto deliver as it's my fav and I have always wanted to try the body wash - I use the hair stuff to shave my legs - I love Wen and that's a really good price - I also was signed up for the sample tube special - from the last time it's was on - so I get samples of a lot of the stuff they are showing today - I am a Qinsider - I get advance notice of TSV - but I hadn't opened my email from last week - heard Lisa say 10% of TSV for promgranet was already gone - so I did sign on last night and ordered it before 9 ;0) - then ordered a new phylosplhy (sp) perfume - Summer Grace..

You need to take what you like from all your diet books and make up your own plan.

Jodi - Hugs things will work out.. Can't wait to hear about the date

Great have a great time with all the Grands - I have exteranl hard drive - it backs up your computer in case it dies - so you don't lose everything you have saved - Photos are the only thing I really care about.

Krista I buy Coach outlet bags - but they are normally last yrs style - but you save Big $$$ I'm into B. Marcowski (sp) he has cell phone pockets on the back of the purse - So I can always fine my phone

Linda Idrise says that after you maintain your weight loss that your body gets to set weight and you really have to go over board to gain it back - so you are like me - can go on vacation - have a few treats and be ok - but the most important part is that we come back home and get back on track with our healthy eating and exercise - I am going to have to give up pilo for a while due to the vertigo - guess tread mill will be my new/old extra workout - but yesterday and this morning my shins are aching - Well I won't be doing any exercise till Monday - missed leg workout last night due to this stupid vertigo - didn't get home til 5 and wasn't feeling up to it..

Cheri - Continued hugs & prayers on DD - I'm lucky our local hosptial has up to date equipment - We have a lot of rich pple here in the desert and they donate tons of $$ to Eisenhower Medical Center - they have ditigal equipment - also I have read that sonagrams really is the way to go to test for breast cancer..

Apples - Glad your FIL has the family support that's fantastic..

Well, there was too much to catch up on - I need to shower and dress - nee to color hair and run by the bank..

CBL

I can finally see the posts again on the website threadJ.

Jods – I am so happy for you & your progress! Enjoy the man & feeling like a kid. Just sit back and have fun & let it take shape. Have fun! Have cleaning up your room & good luck with the last 10 lbs too.

Charlene – keep up the great work! It is tough.

Apples – just read you post about the weight gain. Don’t beat yourself up as overall you are still ahead. Just get back on track.

Have a great day!

Kristi

xx

MIDDLE AGE TEXTING CODES: ATD -at the doctors. BFF -best friend fell. BTW -bring the wheelchair. BYOT -bring your own teeth. FWIW -forgot where I was. GGPBL -gotta go, pacemaker battery low. GHA -got heartburn again. IMHO -is my hearing aid on. LMDO -laughing my dentures out. OMMR -on my massage recliner. OMSG -oh my! sorry, gas. ROFLACGU -rolling on floor laughing and can't get up. TTYL -talk to you louder

Thought most of you would enjoy this.

Cheri

Good Morning.....

Jodi...got a warm and fuzzy feeling with your story about talking to the Rabbi and everything has has offered to do to help you in your situation. Anxious to hear how your date goes tonight. Sounds like you really have a good feeling about this guy. Keep us informed...cuz...we just gotta know!

Janet. Yuck...vertigo. Those bouts like you have been having can put your life on hold for a bit. It's OK that your friend was concerned enough to get you to the ER. I am one also that does not like to run to the doc for things when I am pretty sure I know what it is. But, about 4 yrs ago, DH forced me into doing a CAT scan because I was having so many bouts of vertigo. It's just something out of my control. Exercises will work once in a great while. I sometimes think that with me it is more caused by sinus problems. Like I stated the other day, when everyone around me as a cold, I have vertigo. No cold symptoms. Hugs on your issues.

Kristi...hope you find a good deal on your Coach. Good to treat yourself when reaching certain goals. I did permanent makeup (eyeliner) and eyelash extensions. Well, I found there was too much upkeep with extensions....I did them for about a year and quite. Very spendy and time consuming. The eyeliner was nice but notice now after 2.5 yrs, it is fading fast. Was nice to treat myself to those things though. DH bought me a couple of pieces of jewelry when I got to goal...sweet man. Hope you don't have to work all weekend and can fit some fun in there.

Linda....such a difference a few hundred miles makes. Buds on the trees. Yep, think you are getting the first signs of spring. I was sitting out in our three season room (one season room here in MN) yesterday and I could barely see over the 4foot banks of snow while sitting in the chair pretending it was warm. Took DH some Cookies and coffee this morning out by the bin site. Deep snow all around. Soon it will be melted. Not unusual for us to have banks of snow in our grove of trees clear till the end of May. Depends how much rain we get. Not whining. Got that all out of me...just patiently waiting to ride the bike with the dog and go for walks outside. I run my steps to work off excess energy. Have fun with Aylah. Haven't heard of the movie.

Thanks all who asked about FIL. He had a pretty long day yesterday. On the plane at 4:30 and did not get settled in his new home till late in the day. He called me this morning and sounded a bit confused. He's pretty sharp usually so think it's the meds. He stated he was really stiff and sore and terribly tired. Some of the family are going to visit him today so we decided to not overwhelm him and go tomorrow. He needs some things from his house and we are compiling a list when others notice what he needs. Have a nice batch of diabetic friendly cookies ready to take to him. I had a couple and they really are good. Cherry/almond/oats cookies. Will freeze most of them and just take a few each time we visit.

Julie..hope you are feeling better each day.

Gotta go hold some drain pipe for DH....this should be fun....still in my flannel jammie pants. Gonna give the neighbors something to talk about when they drive by.

Hi there,.................... I know I've been MIA again for a couple days... Just a lot going on..... and I move slow...... I am am managing to get a few things done around here... This morning I colored my hair (got it cut Thursday, it's just been in such horrible shape since the low blood) and half cleaned the bathroom while I was in there.... I got the important things..... I stripped the bed and DH will have to help me make it later.....

I caught up on here and I did watch a little tv with DH when I first got up at 8:30......... Yes, I'm getting better a bit at a time.... Still no pain in neck and shoulder..... TTL(thank the Lord)....... Surgical pain is minimal, but am having pain in my hip and knee still from my stairs escapade..... But that is getting better, too.. Just slowly.... We still have winter and a storm with snow headed in tonight.... Yeah....................... glad my winter coat still fits.....

As far a my weight goes without the band..... it is stable at where I've been for about 2 years now...... I'm glad of that.... I't not overeating at all.... I'm sure my stomach is still all shrunk up..... I do notice that I don't belch as much now.... I had a diet pop last night... felt weird to have the fizz after all this time.... My mouth is better.... I'm starting to wean my self off the popsicles.... However, I do still like them alot...... I'm eating more meat now.... just couldn't get it down much before.... must have been the hole and such..... I got my blood lab results in the mail....... Doctor said Hemoglobin is still 9.6 only and needs to be at least a 12, so I'm on 300 mg of Iron a day..... yuck!!!! but the meds are doing okay... Should soon be able to get off of some of them...... My Vitamin D is 36 now.... It was 13 before...... He said lots is screwed up, but should all come around once I get my strength (blood) back...... He also diagnosed me as malnourished....... weird at 285 to hear that......

I want to comment to so many of you.... Hope I can remember....

Jodi, just breathe... the finances will work themselves out one way or another and Dassi will continue her education.... You are a great mother... Wow............. on the new guy .... have fun and let it happen if it's supposed to happen.....

Melissa, I do that same thing to my husband sometimes... I pull away... because I'm feeling bad about myself usually.... I'll bet he isn't happy about it but just doesn't know what to do or say.... I hoping he'll be back to normal very soon.... stay cool...

Meredith, Lori, Phyll.............. and all you other girls who are going to go, are gone, or have been vacationing..... I'm sorta jealous..... We just arent' much for traveling yet... Always had so many "home" responsibilites to get away much... Planning to change that sometime soon I think..... Oh, and BTW, thngs with DH are just fine... It was just a stressful weekend a week ago, but we talked it out and things are good again.... Baby is still being a pill and causing DD lots of pain... She is 35 weeks... baby has dropped and is head down now... I'm not sure she will make it 5 more weeks....... And they say baby is a girl, but I'm just not sure.... I have such a feeling it's a boy and I can't shake it......

Cheri, hope your spring break was restful even if it didn't turn out like you planned.....

Arlene, honey, you just do what you know is right and one day it will all fall in line for you.... You and I are about at the same place..... just am so happy to be here and not a 100 pounds backwards, but would like to be about 80 pounds ahead....... I'm going to trust God.......

Janet, I'm starting to get worried about you...... You have always been so strong..... hope you get a handle on this dizzines..... good for you DIL....

Well, brain is fried..... love you all..................TTYL....... (that's later, Cheri) ............... Julie

Thank to all of you for your thoughts and prayers for me and comforting words. You are all such wonderful friends.

Cheri - love the Middle Age Text Codes. My 15 year old said those are dumb. I said you are a kid you are not supposed to get it.

Julie I am glad you are feeling better

MIDDLE AGE TEXTING CODES: ATD -at the doctors. BFF -best friend fell. BTW -bring the wheelchair. BYOT -bring your own teeth. FWIW -forgot where I was. GGPBL -gotta go, pacemaker battery low. GHA -got heartburn again. IMHO -is my hearing aid on. LMDO -laughing my dentures out. OMMR -on my massage recliner. OMSG -oh my! sorry, gas. ROFLACGU -rolling on floor laughing and can't get up. TTYL -talk to you louder

Thought most of you would enjoy this.

Cheri

Way funny, Cheri. I'll think of these every time I type a code. Wish your vacation could have been more exciting for you. Do something for yourself and start planning one for next year with a friend or family member. Enjoy your last day off.