Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I'm so sorry to hear of these terrible health issues that are going on in some of your families right now. I will pray for all of you. So sad and scary.

I am having the worst time with food right now. I know that pales in comparison to some of the other issues going on, but I need someone to kick me in the butt, and this is the place for that!

Here is the deal, since I came back from vacation, I have been eating like I am on vacation still. I know I wrote about this the other day, but I just can't kick it! Yesterday I started the 5DPT. Well, I made it until about 10 pm and completely lost control! I ate some vegetarian stuffed grape leaves and some animal crackers. It was like I was ravenous!!! I know that it is the carb monster. I just know it. It also feels like I have absolutely zero restriction what-so-ever. So, I started over today. Soup, Soup, soup! Oh, and some coffee. The 5DPT site says that I could have some creamed Soups too, so I did. I know that I'm prob at 1400 cal today. How did I do that with just soup you ask? I don't know, I did, and I'm disgusted. I'm just like the Charlie Sheen of the food addiction world! LOL. No, but really, I have an appt w the dr on Sat, but I'm changing it to Monday. Hopefully he will fill me. I don't know if he will, because last time he said that he wouldn't because of all of the issues that i had with the partial slip.

I went to do my taxes tonight on turbo tax, and there were major issues on their site which i also encountered last night. I wasn't able to input my info properly and it is really frustrating to me. I tried to e-mail their technical support, but was unable to do so because it wasn't one of the "options"! I usually use turbo tax, but last year went to a tax guy because I bought the house and needed to credit the first time homebuyer tax credit to last years taxes and wasn't confident in my abilities to make that happen. So, anyhow, if they cannot fix their site in a few days, I will have to go back to him even though it is triple what turbo tax costs.

Ok, well, sorry about the rant. Long day. Thats good because tomorrow I'm getting a massage!!! The receptionist at work and I switch services. I cut her hair, and her kids hair, and she gives me massages. It's a great trade!!! Then I have a support group meeting tomorrow evening. Those always help kick my rear end into gear. I just need to pull it together and get to the gym as well. I'm a lazy bones lately. The weather does that when its sh!tty out, and trust me, it has been. Finally the weather is starting to break, and hopefully it will help me to get with it! When its nice out, I will look forward to going on walks with Andrew and my friend that lives a few doors down.

Sorry, I feel like I am complaining so much, I just need to snap out of it!!!!

Night, Meredith

Meridith,

I use turbo tax too. It worked well for me last week. Give it a couple of days, I bet they will have it fixed. If not why don't you try tax act. Either way it is much less expensive than using a tax service.

Hugs on all of the family illnesses. I am thinking of you all.

Kelly, I have the lapband cookbook. I agree with you that it uses many unusual spices and it is costly to add them to your cooking however, do yourself a favor and buy one or two new spices each week. The new flavors will amaze you and open your eyes up to a whole new way of cooking. The scallop recipe is to die for. One thing to think about is that when eating a 4 or 6 oz portion of something expensive like scallops or filet it is still less expensive than eating than what we use to eat in the quantity we use to eat. Treat yourself a bit, you will be glad you did. I don't get to eat as much as I did before so I make sure what I do eat satisfies me and is worth the calories, I have become a much more refined eater and am definately pickier about what I chose to spend my calories on. Just my thoughts, no worries if you don't agree.

I'm so sorry to hear of these terrible health issues that are going on in some of your families right now. I will pray for all of you. So sad and scary.

I am having the worst time with food right now. I know that pales in comparison to some of the other issues going on, but I need someone to kick me in the butt, and this is the place for that!

Here is the deal, since I came back from vacation, I have been eating like I am on vacation still. I know I wrote about this the other day, but I just can't kick it! Yesterday I started the 5DPT. Well, I made it until about 10 pm and completely lost control! I ate some vegetarian stuffed grape leaves and some animal crackers. It was like I was ravenous!!! I know that it is the carb monster. I just know it. It also feels like I have absolutely zero restriction what-so-ever. So, I started over today. Soup, soup, soup! Oh, and some coffee. The 5DPT site says that I could have some creamed Soups too, so I did. I know that I'm prob at 1400 cal today. How did I do that with just soup you ask? I don't know, I did, and I'm disgusted. I'm just like the Charlie Sheen of the food addiction world! LOL. No, but really, I have an appt w the dr on Sat, but I'm changing it to Monday. Hopefully he will fill me. I don't know if he will, because last time he said that he wouldn't because of all of the issues that i had with the partial slip.

I went to do my taxes tonight on turbo tax, and there were major issues on their site which i also encountered last night. I wasn't able to input my info properly and it is really frustrating to me. I tried to e-mail their technical support, but was unable to do so because it wasn't one of the "options"! I usually use turbo tax, but last year went to a tax guy because I bought the house and needed to credit the first time homebuyer tax credit to last years taxes and wasn't confident in my abilities to make that happen. So, anyhow, if they cannot fix their site in a few days, I will have to go back to him even though it is triple what turbo tax costs.

Ok, well, sorry about the rant. Long day. Thats good because tomorrow I'm getting a massage!!! The receptionist at work and I switch services. I cut her hair, and her kids hair, and she gives me massages. It's a great trade!!! Then I have a support group meeting tomorrow evening. Those always help kick my rear end into gear. I just need to pull it together and get to the gym as well. I'm a lazy bones lately. The weather does that when its sh!tty out, and trust me, it has been. Finally the weather is starting to break, and hopefully it will help me to get with it! When its nice out, I will look forward to going on walks with Andrew and my friend that lives a few doors down.

Sorry, I feel like I am complaining so much, I just need to snap out of it!!!!

Night, Meredith

Morning all. Well, Katie was feeling better so Aylah went home yesterday afternoon.

Meredith, I think you and I are similar in that we want to restrict calories and fats and we try like heck to eat "correctly" all the time -- that I discovered was my biggest problem last year. Yes, we successfully lost our 100 pounds -- but we did it with sheer determination and will power - we cut calories, we cut fats, we exercised and now that we are trying to lose the last few and/or maintain, we are struggling. I had gained a few pounds but was still eating below 1100 calories per day and I was starving all the time -- that's when I discovered the 5 day pouch test and realized I was eating all wrong. So, since I've quit worrying so much about calories and fats and have focused more on eating no carbs - I've lost all the excess and gotten back down to my all time low and hopefully will soon break that. And I've been doing it by eating more fats but no carbs. I'm much more satisfied -- never feel hungry any more and have more energy. Here's a samle of what I ate and basically eat every day: Breakfast, greek yogurt with a tiny amount (1/4 cup) of strawberries/blueberries and 1/2 banana. I have Protein pudding (SF fat free puddding mixed witih unflavored Protein powder) for a morning snack (only time i usually feel any hunger cause I have a late lunch - I get up at 5 and don't go to lunch until 1-- and sometimes have a piece of laughing cow cheese to make it through. Lunch is usually turkey sausage and 1 egg omelet with 1 wedge garlic herb laughing cow cheese. dinner is almost always spring greens and spinach salad with grilled chicken breast -- I'm hung up right now on Kraft light ginger sesame dressing which is soooo good. I do put tomatoes and onions in my greens and sometimes get wild and throw in a couple mandarin oranges. Then because I like to eat in front of the tv I keep SF popsicles on hand and have one or two of those and have more protein pudding before bed. I did add up the calories one day and it was about 1100. I do exercise every day - at least one hour of cardio every day and weights two or three times every week for about 1/2 hour. I have found some delicious new items recently -- some small sausages (size of smokies) but they are turkey flavored with garlic/cheddar and sun dried tomato/mozarella -- got them at Sam's -- probably have them at costco too - they are very very yummy - eat them sometimes with my egg -- 5 are 100 calories and only 2 carbs. I have found by increasing the fats I'm much more satisfied -- as Kaye says on the 5 DPT website - don't starve yourself - eat until you are full on the 5 day -- cause you really suffer from carb withdrawal. I think it will work for you -- but you really have to make that committment to NO carbs at all cause if you add carbs to the mix it's going to make you gain weight. I didn't even eat any real eggs for over a year cause I was trying to cut fats -- I would eat two servings of egg beaters and still be hungry where when I eat the real egg and 1 piece of turkey sausage, I'm full and satisfied until dinner. I eat lunch at 1 and dinner around 6:30 or 7. Hope this helps -- I do think you're trying too hard to cut fats/calories and that's when you fall off and eat -- cause you are probably really hungry --but try to eat only protein when that happens. Oh, I've also discovered some delicious hummus -- the 3 olive hummus at Walmart -- Marketplace brand - just fabulous -- I could eat it like pudding. I eat that with my chicken sometimes. I also eat fish at least twice a week -- I made some tuna patties from the recipe on the Neighborhood the other day -- they were good -- they have ground flax seed in it instead of bread crumbs -- very simple to make and very tasty. There are great recipes on that website -- go to www.5daypouchtest and then click on kitchen.

Okay, time to exercise. Have a great day everyone. Haven't heard when my DB is having surgery -- probably today or tomorrow. I'm worried about him.

Linda

Good Morning Peeps

Kelly - sent you the menu ;0) I'm lucky I have fresh veggies yr round... Remember #1 rule eat pt first - tiny bites (eraser size) chew very very well and eat slowly...

Meredith - Linda gives very good advice - I don't do too many starches but I do have some - Veggies are totally free foods to me - Get the Cookies out of the house ;0) - I really haven't gain - have been pretty good at maintaining - but that's cuz I eat the same foods and have a treat every day - that treat is usually sf - and about once every week or 2 I have real sugar ;0) and as you all know I go to the gym regularly... The combination of eating healthy - not freaking about it 24/7 and exercising - well that's what works for me..

Not much to report - Watch Idol - I'm surprised that I like the Rocker guy - he was so natural on stage - can't wait for the girls - there are 2 Pia and Zorriall (I think) that I liked in Hollywood week - I also love Scotty (I think that's his name) the Country Western Guy - He has such a voice...

Well time to hit the shower and get ready for another day.... Hope everyone has a blessed one - Continued Hugs & Prayers for all of you and your families...

Just a fly by. On my way to Bible study this morning and probably lunch with the gals afterwards.

Hope Apples is having a safe trip home.

Meredith, I used Turbo Tax and already filed my federal and both my states and it worked fine. So maybe there's just a glitch. Did you download the updates?

Hello everyone,

Been busy with work (yes, I said work) and school. I had a lot of stuff sent to me to get done quickly, so I'm working every day right now and I've had these projects due at school. Amazing.

Great, I think I picked 3-5...so maybe I'm not out of the running for the baby. Glad you got to visit with your GM...just amazing 102 and still going. Makes me sad to see people in their 70's whining about their age.

Kelly, we have grass in the desert....it's not too happy right now, but they over plant a winter grass on top of the regular grass so it's green all year around (this is at commercial sites). We had snow the other day which was nice because it didn't stick here and melted off the mountains in a couple of days. It's nice to look at, don't want to drive in it.

Cheri, hugs to you and your daughter. I hope she can find some peace and you two can find the closeness you both need during this ordeal.

Sandy, I've been buying much better cuts of stuff because I don't buy the volume any more. I've been cleaning out my freezer and once it's empty, only good stuff is going in there. I don't do much packaged food but I do like a bargain so I buy in quantity. With the food saver (vacuum packer) I can divide stuff up and freeze smaller quantities.

Meredith, you can come visit any time you want. The addiction monster is everywhere, but we do have the last say in it. I'm doing better with my food, but I still slip a little to regularly. So every day you can stick to your plan is a day ahead. Linda's and Janet's determination are truly inspiring and they are smart women. We can do it to.

Julie, sorry you are still having trouble. Hope your DD starts to feeling better. She should enjoy this pregnancy because she is with a man she loves and visa versa. Wish them the best.

Laura, glad you had so much fun on your vacation. Loved the pictures on FB....it's okay to post there...IMHO...because most of us look on FB anyway. So Nelson is getting a little more independent. That's pretty cool. Sorry to hear about your Dad, but I'm glad he's feeling well enough to travel still and can visit with you in your state.

LauraK, good luck with the dates. It can be fun getting to know a new person.

Hi Charlene, I'm here. I've been walking with my dog. She needs it as much as I do...she isn't overweight, but old and I think the extra movement helps her too.

Okay, I need to get back to work. Hello to everyone I've missed. I'm doing this from memory so you know how that goes.....duh.....

Take care,

Eva

Correction go to www.5daypouchtest.com, then click on Neighborhood then click on LivingAfterWLS on the little headers within the website then click on kitchen. It's worth the trouble to join to have access -- she has some really nice recipes. I think whoever it was that was looking for everyday food -- I think it was Kelley -- will find recipes there to use. I admit I'm boring and tend to eat the same foods over and over -- I find something I like and then just eat that until I'm sick of it. I'm cooking only for myself and not a family or husband so it's easier for me than most of you.

Eva, don't work too hard -- glad you enjoyed your snow. Thanks for the nice compliment.

Cheri - thinking of you and your DD.

Lori, Katelyn sure is taking her sweet old time -- you'd think she'd be excited to meet you and all her new LBT great-aunties!! The nerve of her!! We want to see her pictures!!

At work, so must go. Later all.

Linda

Morning all. Well, Katie was feeling better so Aylah went home yesterday afternoon.

Meredith, I think you and I are similar in that we want to restrict calories and fats and we try like heck to eat "correctly" all the time -- that I discovered was my biggest problem last year. Yes, we successfully lost our 100 pounds -- but we did it with sheer determination and will power - we cut calories, we cut fats, we exercised and now that we are trying to lose the last few and/or maintain, we are struggling. I had gained a few pounds but was still eating below 1100 calories per day and I was starving all the time -- that's when I discovered the 5 day pouch test and realized I was eating all wrong. So, since I've quit worrying so much about calories and fats and have focused more on eating no carbs - I've lost all the excess and gotten back down to my all time low and hopefully will soon break that. And I've been doing it by eating more fats but no carbs. I'm much more satisfied -- never feel hungry any more and have more energy. Here's a samle of what I ate and basically eat every day: Breakfast, greek yogurt with a tiny amount (1/4 cup) of strawberries/blueberries and 1/2 banana. I have Protein pudding (SF fat free puddding mixed witih unflavored Protein powder) for a morning snack (only time i usually feel any hunger cause I have a late lunch - I get up at 5 and don't go to lunch until 1-- and sometimes have a piece of laughing cow cheese to make it through. Lunch is usually turkey sausage and 1 egg omelet with 1 wedge garlic herb laughing cow cheese. dinner is almost always spring greens and spinach salad with grilled chicken breast -- I'm hung up right now on Kraft light ginger sesame dressing which is soooo good. I do put tomatoes and onions in my greens and sometimes get wild and throw in a couple mandarin oranges. Then because I like to eat in front of the tv I keep SF popsicles on hand and have one or two of those and have more protein pudding before bed. I did add up the calories one day and it was about 1100. I do exercise every day - at least one hour of cardio every day and weights two or three times every week for about 1/2 hour. I have found some delicious new items recently -- some small sausages (size of smokies) but they are turkey flavored with garlic/cheddar and sun dried tomato/mozarella -- got them at Sam's -- probably have them at costco too - they are very very yummy - eat them sometimes with my egg -- 5 are 100 calories and only 2 carbs. I have found by increasing the fats I'm much more satisfied -- as Kaye says on the 5 DPT website - don't starve yourself - eat until you are full on the 5 day -- cause you really suffer from carb withdrawal. I think it will work for you -- but you really have to make that committment to NO carbs at all cause if you add carbs to the mix it's going to make you gain weight. I didn't even eat any real eggs for over a year cause I was trying to cut fats -- I would eat two servings of egg beaters and still be hungry where when I eat the real egg and 1 piece of turkey sausage, I'm full and satisfied until dinner. I eat lunch at 1 and dinner around 6:30 or 7. Hope this helps -- I do think you're trying too hard to cut fats/calories and that's when you fall off and eat -- cause you are probably really hungry --but try to eat only protein when that happens. Oh, I've also discovered some delicious hummus -- the 3 olive hummus at Walmart -- Marketplace brand - just fabulous -- I could eat it like pudding. I eat that with my chicken sometimes. I also eat fish at least twice a week -- I made some tuna patties from the recipe on the Neighborhood the other day -- they were good -- they have ground flax seed in it instead of bread crumbs -- very simple to make and very tasty. There are great recipes on that website -- go to www.5daypouchtest and then click on kitchen.

Okay, time to exercise. Have a great day everyone. Haven't heard when my DB is having surgery -- probably today or tomorrow. I'm worried about him.

Linda

Thanks for sharing about how you eat. I am sticking with just meats and veggies right now. I guess my stomach can't do Bariatric Advantage. The milk products really messed up my system this time around. I can still do the Protein drinks that don't have milk. I will check out the recipe site. I am going to try the tuna patties.

I am glad Katie is feeling better.

BABY UPDATE!!!!!

DD had her appt today. She's dialated to 4 1/2 already, the dr stripped her membranes and said if she was dialated to a 5 they'd be sending her to Labor and Delivery now. But her opinion is leaning towards she thinks she could go into labor by tonight. However, if not, and if she doesn't deliver by Monday they will induce on Monday. WOOHOO!! I wrote down some of the baby picks in our little 'pool'. Apples has 10am today, Meredith has 227a tomorrow and I have 608pm tomorrow. LauraK has 411am on the 4th and Eva has 3am on the 5th.

I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!! NO LATER THAN MONDAY!!

Hey All...arrived home an hour ago. Lots of snow in SD and was greeted with even more (and icy/snowy roads) in MN. Happy to be home safe and sound.

Will catch up later....but first...just have to say...Cheri...cannot imagine your heartache. And, to all the have family members that are ailing or have medication issues...think of you.

Welcome home Apples, glad you had a safe trip.

It's so much better to sleep in your own bed.

Welcome home Apples, glad you had a safe trip.

It's so much better to sleep in your own bed.

Hey...the bed you provided, Eva, was pretty darned comfy. Don't think we lost a bit of sleep. One of the most restful vacations we have ever had.

I'm trying to get paperwork done today, but things keep getting in the way.... especially my shoulder..... Hard to concentrate when you are hurting.... I've made some headway, but lots to go..... I also am in charge of this year's World Day of Prayer on Friday evening..... Simple program written by ladies from Chili..... all about breaking bread... so we will serve different breads with lots of good spreads and such.... with some fresh fruit.... Should be great....

A good friend's husband died unexpectedly on Monday.... apparant heart attack at 60!!! Such a sad thing.... Funeral is Friday morning.... One just never knows......

All you gals facing these terrible medical problems in your family please know you are in my prayers.... Remember that God is with you....

Laura K, so nice to hear you talk positively about this new man.... Hope he is making you very happy..... You deserve it.... How is your daughter doing down in Vegas??

The kids are coming for supper and the hot - tub later..... DD is having such back pain..... Reports have been that they think it's a girl, but no one was very sure, so I'm just keeping an open mind..... got to hold a newborn last night... My niece's little boy..... so sweet.... His name is Asher Louis....That's going to have to grow on me...... but it will

Apples, welcome home.... glad you are safe......

OH, DH wants to go sit in the hot-tub and that sounds good to me, so will have to sign off for tonight..... Wishing you all a lovely evening..... Hugs...... Julie

Linda

Linda - what you say makes sense.

Okay so I have been hiding. I have been reading but still avoiding. I know I need to be here for my family and owe it to myself to get better ecspecially with being Diabetic and have high blood pressure and anxiety issues. I really do take to heart what everyone says to me but I feel Like I am in front of a big hill. I can get through day 1 of the pouch test but cave and eat carbs and sweets. Maybe I just need to follow the protein only as linda mentioned above. I am really sick about talking, and thinking about my weight, it runs in my family on my moms side (the weight issues) I hate it. It is like I can get so far and sabatoge myself. (My Mom does the same thing she had gastric bypass in 2000 but even though she lost the weight had a Tummy Tuck and abreast reduction she still complains about her weight. Which is where I get it from, I believe. I want to give up except for this board and all the friends I have here. I have a friend who is very overweight but she is a debbie downer and it gets harder and harder to talk to her (I try to motivate her hoping she will motivate me back but when she stops working out she talks me into doing the same) . Then I have a friend from childhood who has always been thin and she says i need to give all my concerns and troubles over to GOD and he will help me. Besides all of this my depression and mood swings are up do to my T.O.M. is on right now. Sorry I am just have been down a couple of days with all this hormonal stuff. My son is always there for me to go walking ,play tennis etc but sometimes I get home from work and want to sleep or our schedules conflict he comes home from school and I am going to work. I do take time for me everyday and have a bath at night so it is just me and a good book for a the least 15 mins but sometimes I get more time. I can do so much more but with my stressors at home about money and the health insurance, taxes and praying a full time position will open soon takes it tolls. Usually my meds I am on work but not during my hormally time. I need to make friends with someone who is into fitness or something so I can have that push right in front of me calling me out on my BS. (I can't afford a trainer or I would do that.) This board is great for that but I have not found anyone local. Oh on the last episode of HEAVY the woman Jill was from Gainesville, GA right next to me. She was a closet eater and hid her food litterally in the closet. I don't hid it I just am a food addict ecspecially to the wrong foods, comfort foods. I looked up what it would cost to go to that place in Hilton Head but it is way to much money. Sorry for the long downer post but that is where am am right now. I feel ashamed and defeatded. I go to the Dr and pay $90 to say the same thing and admit to not excersing I might not go. Besides even though I want a fill not sure I really need it I would mostly want it for my head anyway and we all know they do not do that yet. I know my post was all over the place so I hope you all could keep up.

Hi everyone. Good news. Rachel was told yesterday that her cancer was very aggressive but if confined to the breast and immediate lymph nodes it was 99% curable. If not, not good. She had the pet scan today and the cancer has not spread elsewhere. She gets a port put in tomorrow and starts chemo on Friday.

She also called me last night just as I finished asking an acquaintance for prayer that she would start communicating with me directly. She was a mess and needed prayer and I prayed with her and settled her down. She called me at work today with the good news that the cancer is confined to the tumor and one lymph node. So praise God. She still has a rough road to go down in the immediate future but there's now hope at the end of the road. Rachel's page on FB is amazing. So many people rooting and praying for her.

Weight is slowly coming down again. Been getting exercise the past couple of days. I have been so scared because the MRI showed a much bigger tumor than they thought and there appeared to be Fluid on the lungs but a chest x-ray showed no Fluid. So I'll take today's good news and run with it.

Cheri