Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks Janet and Sandy for mentioning that about the medically necessary TT difference - I never would have known that -- I wouldn't go through with it if the muscles weren't tightened I don't think. Cost isn't as bad as I would have thought. Thanks for the info.

Linda

Hi gang! I am back from lunch and a movie. My friend turned 60 today. She was really down about turning "that age". So, we went to Macy's, had Lettuce wraps for lunch then watched the best comedy I have seen in years. I give Adam Sandler's new movie and "thumbs up".

Janet, my mother has at least another week or two in the Nursing home. Her balance is really off. She is a private pay too. She is paying for her independent apartment and $160 a day in the nursing home. You see you must be admitted for three midnights in a hospital for medicare to pay for rehab. They observed her two midnights then admitted her two midnights. I think this is something medicare is doing to get out of paying. My mother is not the only person in rehab that this has happened to. She is paying about 6,000 a month for both places, but she needs it. I took her roses and chocolate covered strawberries for Valentines. She love them.

Sndy, I still want a TT. When I drop a few more Lbs I am going to get it done. I actually have scars from the rashes I have had. My dermatologist told me to take pictures when I have flare ups. It will help with the insurance approving it.

Okay gang, gotta go fix My Valentine dinner.

Love to all of you!

Hi All,

When I went to see the plastic surgeon they said I had to have rashes and treatment documented with my reg Dr. He was talking about the TT with the muscles being taken care of also. They knew I wanted my ins. to pay so that was some of the things they talked about. Did not tell me that there was a difference.

Well the falls must be going around. My foot fell asleep last night and I got up to walk and twisted my ankle, tried to recover and it flopped again and I fell right on my hip. Man am I sore today, foot and whole back. Go see the Chiro tomorrow.

Sandy Happy Birthday to you.

Laurak

Good Evening All...

Happy Valentines Day! Hope you all give your sweetie extra lovin' today. Had a nice day with mine. He's been having a nasty time with his back since early last week...knotted and out of alignment. He went and got a chiro treatment again this morning and then picked me up for lunch. After that, we just drove around and picked up a few things we needed for FIL. I will say it again...AOTHER beautiful day here. DH asked me out to dinner but made it at home. More cozy. We tend to not go out to dinner on special occassions (like anniversaries). Just lunch. My choice usually.

Tomorrow we are heading up to FIL. DH is going to do some projects for him and I am going to hit the outlet mall and a new shopping complex north of there. I have lunch made for the guys (FIL loves homemade food) and Tanker will hang with them. Not going to "shop till I drop" or anything like that, just want a few things as gifts to take home to some special friends. And, think I might consider myself a "special friend" and buy me something if it hits me at the time. LOL.

So sorry, Sandy, that I missed saying Happy Birthday to you yesterday. Omitted it from my post by mistake. Happy to hear you had a great day. You are a ray of sunshine on this thread and I am so happy you came back and are sharing your life with us.

I have 4 NY Times crosswords to catch up on and going to hit the easy chair. Love to all....my little Valentines!

Aloha!! The hotel has a computer in teh lobby to use so thought I'd say hi, though I am lost on it, it's an Apple and seems very different. Happy Valentines day everyone!

Having a great time. DH had a long day at work today over 12 hours so I have been on my own a lot, he thinks he'll be back about 6 to take me to dinner tonight and said not to eat without him.

Tummy Tucks, I understand that if it's an insurance thing they pay for a pannectomy (sp) only but nothing with the Tummy Tuck persay with the muscles and all. Lately I've been developing some itching so may ask my dr to document it just in case. I think you can get insurance to pay part and then you pay part for the 'tuck'.

Sandra, happy belated birthday!

Well there's a wait for the computer. Sorry for the typos.

Hi All,

When I went to see the plastic surgeon they said I had to have rashes and treatment documented with my reg Dr. He was talking about the TT with the muscles being taken care of also. They knew I wanted my ins. to pay so that was some of the things they talked about. Did not tell me that there was a difference.

Well the falls must be going around. My foot fell asleep last night and I got up to walk and twisted my ankle, tried to recover and it flopped again and I fell right on my hip. Man am I sore today, foot and whole back. Go see the Chiro tomorrow.

Laurak

Sorry about your fall. I hope you feel better soon.

LauraK - I did that twice - sitting at the computer with my legs crossed - got up and couldn't walk - I thought I broke my ankle - but thankfully I didn't - Hugs I know how it hurts !!!

Apples - Have fun shopping since you didn't when you were here ;0) Glad you had a nice day..

Great - Enjoy your dinner w/DH..

Melissa - Did you & DH do anything.

Charlene - What did you fix for dinner..

Had gym - got the dogs fed and I'm starving... Pork Chop & rice - vegges for me tonite...

LauraK - I did that twice - sitting at the computer with my legs crossed - got up and couldn't walk - I thought I broke my ankle - but thankfully I didn't - Hugs I know how it hurts !!!

Apples - Have fun shopping since you didn't when you were here ;0) Glad you had a nice day..

Had gym - got the dogs fed and I'm starving... Pork Chop & rice - vegges for me tonite...

I worked until 9 tonight so I came home to flowers, chocolate and pizza. I love flowers they are my favorite to get. I actually got a mixed flowers bouquet I love this more than getting roses. (My Opinion) I think roses are just too commerical. I mean 50 dollars for something that is going to die, really you could get so much more. My husband knows me by now so he knows what I like. Day 3 of the 5 day pouch test and I caved well actually I caved yesterday at the movies with the pocorn. So Day 1 tomorrow. The chocolate is not even my fave so I think I will take it to work tomorrow or throw it out. Like flowers I like simple chocolate. Anyways I had a good day.

Hello all!

Had a nice Valentines day today. Andrew gave me my gift last week, a white and black diamond buckle ring from macy's. I love it. Went over to mom and dads today because mom said she had a little something for me. A pair of diamond heart shaped earrings! Sheesh! I am spoiled this year!!! I made Andrew a cheesecake (his fave, my first time making one) and topped it with strawberries cut into heart shapes around the edges, put it in the fridge and headed out to dinner. We went to our usual spot that we do every year. It's actually our "Anniversary" today of our first official date. I had Soup and salad. Did ok today, except when we got home I had some cheesecake. BAD! Last night I had chocolates. I'm done. I feel sick. My body isn't used to this crap.

About the TT's~ Not sure if my ins covers them or not? I think that it is a case by case basis, and only if you lose 100 lbs. I need one. But, I don't think that I would need the muscle tightening too. I've never had kids, so my muscles aren't stretched out. Right? As soon as someone gets it done, I cannot wait to hear all of the details of it. As all of you know, surgery makes me so nervous, but now, I think that after is what makes me more nervous. I probably would have my boobs done at the same time too. I wouldn't get them larger, just lifted.

Now, I'm done with the junk. Why do I make excuses for the "junk" and use it as a reward? I tell myself, "it's a special occasion" and all kinds of sh!t to make it "ok" for me to eat. It makes me sick that I do this. I'm sure part of it is self sabotage. Am I the only one that does this?

Looks like all of you had a great day today!

West Coast Clique~ So happy you had such a wonderful time together!!!!

Night all~ Meredith

Morning everyone. Glad everyone had a nice valentine's day. Aylah was here and I enjoyed her for Valentine's Day. I'm sure most of you saw my roses on FB that my son and DIL sent me. So nice. My DH and I never do much for it -- it's his previous anniversary so we just exchange cards usually.

LauraK sorry about the fall -- hope you heal up quickly.

Lori -- glad you're enjoying hawaii -- hope your aches and pains are finally subsiding.

Apples enjoy your shopping -- so happy you are enjoying yourself and the weather has been nice for you. Our weather has been improving -- supposedt obe over 60 on Thurs. Then back to reality with some colder weather and a forecast for snow next week. I'm just thankfui for this little week of great weather.

Meredith, we all sabatoge ourselves, but proud of you for making it through the 5 days - the important thing is to return to normal eating today - don't think about what you ate last night and just return to Protein today. I can't remember if you are also exercising? I bet Andrew enjoyed the cheesecake -- give the rest away -- save him one more piece or two and then take the rest to work or something -- I'm sure you did a great job on it. Nice present from your parents too. Do you have siblings? I don't remember you ever mentioning any. Just curious.

Well, time to go to Water aerobics - have a great day everyone!

Hi, everyone! It's been a loooong time since I've posted here. I'm walking back to this site with my head hung low. I've been "not so good" for a while. I lost 50 lbs and gained back 20+. I started to read the no carb threads and feel very motivated by that. It's so nice to see some of the same names here. Hope everyone has a great day! Today IS the first day of the rest of our lives. Live it to the fullest!!

Hi, everyone! It's been a loooong time since I've posted here. I'm walking back to this site with my head hung low. I've been "not so good" for a while. I lost 50 lbs and gained back 20+. I started to read the no carb threads and feel very motivated by that. It's so nice to see some of the same names here. Hope everyone has a great day! Today IS the first day of the rest of our lives. Live it to the fullest!!

Glad to see you back. You can't do this alone. Support is key! Keep posting!

I did not cook. I had bought DH brisket and grilled corn. So, I just ate brisket. I am definitely going to make the Southwest Broccoli cheese Soup. I also want to make Gumbo again. I am crazy about Okra. Dr Oz said it has good stuff in it. I walked again this morning. We have beautiful weather. It supposed to stay in 60-70's for a couple of weeks. Yay! I plan on hitting the gym too. Oh, I watched Heavy again last night. I can so relate to those stories and excuses.....especially the excuses.

I did not cook. I had bought DH brisket and grilled corn. So, I just ate brisket. I am definitely going to make the Southwest Broccoli cheese Soup. I also want to make Gumbo again. I am crazy about Okra. Dr Oz said it has good stuff in it. I walked again this morning. We have beautiful weather. It supposed to stay in 60-70's for a couple of weeks. Yay! I plan on hitting the gym too. Oh, I watched Heavy again last night. I can so relate to those stories and excuses.....especially the excuses.

Sounds like everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. We didn't have any plans, then decided to go out to dinner, went next dor to chat with neighbors for a sec before we left, and ended up going with them and 4 other couples... so 12 of us altogether. We had a fun time. Went to a little tavern that we all like that has good food and NO crowd! Only one other table besides us! I ordered rack of ribs, but brought more than half home and Earl had a couple of ribs, too... so not too bad! I did eat a cupcake that another neighbor gave us after that!

How do you cook your okra??? I like it, too, but don't know how to cook it. Learned to love it fried when we lived in OK, but no more fried now! And I never did learn to cook it. I like it in soup, too!

TT issues on my mind, too, but need to lose some more weight!

Cloudy here this morning and the jet stream is sinking south! Not good! Weather is suposed to stink for the rest of the week. So don't you know DD & SIL coming down Thursday to get away from the cod, rainy NW!! DD is already bummed about the weather report! She was so looking forward to some sun and warm weather!

Well, gotta get ready for Water aerobics! Busy day again today... after that, may go to beading for an hour or so, even though I was there 4 1/2 hrs yesterday!! Then a food Drive Tea Party complete with hats (if they don't blow away in the wind), this afternoon!

It's ok the have some dessert & chocolates on Valentine's Day - On your Birthday, On a Holiday

One day is fine - What's not fine is having them (treats) daily 24/7 - 365

You just need to budget for them (Treats) - Ya gotta get that whole cheating thing out of your mind - it's not cheating it's a treat .. Gotta get rid of the diet mentallity..