Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet: Welcome back

Laura: You never know. But peri-menopause could also really screw up your system. What about thyroid?

Apples and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day. Had one of those a few weeks ago when my mom broke her knee cap and her elbow and I got in a screaming match with my dad. Who the heck do you cook for woman? Sounds like you run a restaurant. No wonder you need a freezer. Going out to eat must be a vacation for you. No wonder you enjoy it so much. But it sounds like you enjoy cooking (except for today) for everyone else, too. It sounds like you're able to make and eat a little of everything and not too much of anything (except peach cobbler on a very bad day). Good for you!

Janet: Welcome back

Laura: You never know. But peri-menopause could also really screw up your system. What about thyroid?

Apples and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day. Had one of those a few weeks ago when my mom broke her knee cap and her elbow and I got in a screaming match with my dad. Who the heck do you cook for woman? Sounds like you run a restaurant. No wonder you need a freezer. Going out to eat must be a vacation for you. No wonder you enjoy it so much. But it sounds like you enjoy cooking (except for today) for everyone else, too. It sounds like you're able to make and eat a little of everything and not too much of anything (except peach cobbler on a very bad day). Good for you!

We own and manage a large farm and also another farm based business and part of my duties are to feed noon and supper meals (and breakfasts when need be) to the employees of both business. Average day is 6-10 at the kitchen table and swear my DH stands out by the mailbox on most days waving in whoever is going down the road.

I have actually did not feel much temptation when I was in the weight loss stage. I think it is all about breaking the habit.

We own and manage a large farm and also another farm based business and part of my duties are to feed noon and supper meals (and breakfasts when need be) to the employees of both business. Average day is 6-10 at the kitchen table and swear my DH stands out by the mailbox on most days waving in whoever is going down the road.

I have actually did not feel much temptation when I was in the weight loss stage. I think it is all about breaking the habit.

If I'm ever in the area he can wave me on in. LOL. I think I'd rather be teaching my at-risk children with all their behavioral and academic issues for my 8 hours a day.

If I'm ever in the area he can wave me on in. LOL. I think I'd rather be teaching my at-risk children with all their behavioral and academic issues for my 8 hours a day.

I guess it's all what you get used to. I actually don't cook for as many as I used to since things are more electronic and the need for manual labor is less. I love kids but doubt I would have the patience for what you do. But, someone needs to do it and it sounds like you have the knack.

I have one to add to my prior "complaint" list that happened 5 minutes ago. I really am going to either run away from home, go back to bed for a couple of days or join up with the carnival that is in town.

*Slammed my ring finger in a heavy drawer. Took the crown right off my diamond ring and sent the diamond rolling across the floor. (Just got the new setting on the ring less than a year ago).

I promise...no more whining!:biggrin:

Apples............. girl you are stuck in a Murphy's law whirlpool...... It's gonna spit you out one of these minutes and it'll all be over but the remembering... Any one of those things would get most of us teed off, but they are piling up for you.... At least you still have your ring and the diamond... Back when I had my surgery in August last year, DH lost my wedding ring while I was in the hospital... Never found it..... it was the most beautiful ring and I was just crushed... but couldn't let on too bad as he felt so awful..... I have a new one now, but still pine for the old one... Just remember, this too shall pass and you'll be back at the lake before you know it!!!!! On the bright side, you will get a few of your cleaning tasks done before your Aussie company gets here... Refrigerator is clean now I'll bet............ and the oven will be.......... you sure did get your exercise today running after mail....it'll all work out..... Don't know what to say about the burnst steaks........dogs are happy?????? Thanks goodness for the peach cobbler.... you needed something to get you through all that.... You hang in there....

My supper is cooking and no dilemmas, yet!!! take care.... Julie

Apples............. girl you are stuck in a Murphy's law whirlpool...... It's gonna spit you out one of these minutes and it'll all be over but the remembering... Any one of those things would get most of us teed off, but they are piling up for you.... At least you still have your ring and the diamond... Back when I had my surgery in August last year, DH lost my wedding ring while I was in the hospital... Never found it..... it was the most beautiful ring and I was just crushed... but couldn't let on too bad as he felt so awful..... I have a new one now, but still pine for the old one... Just remember, this too shall pass and you'll be back at the lake before you know it!!!!! On the bright side, you will get a few of your cleaning tasks done before your Aussie company gets here... Refrigerator is clean now I'll bet............ and the oven will be.......... you sure did get your exercise today running after mail....it'll all work out..... Don't know what to say about the burnst steaks........dogs are happy?????? Thanks goodness for the peach cobbler.... you needed something to get you through all that.... You hang in there....

My supper is cooking and no dilemmas, yet!!! take care.... Julie

Thanks Julie....I do know why most of the crap happened today. I was in too much of a hurry...that's when things usually go wrong for me. Most of it was my fault cuz was trying to run too fast to get things done.:biggrin:

But, have a smile on my face now....a frown will change none of it. And you are right...oven is clean, frig and freezer are super clean and so is the frig in the basement. Thanks for the words of encouragement, Julie.

I'm leaving it all behind me. Heading to our local coffee shop to have a visit with my friend. :thumbup:

Also...I bet you were crushed to lose that ring. I lost a diamond Bracelet one time (stolen). Felt so bad cuz DH gave it to me. Could not buy another like it so we had it special made again. I just didn't want him to feel bad.

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep you heard me, I am officially at goal!!! I had my one year post op appt and my surgeon took one look at me and said 'holy crap I looked good' given my frame and excellent (like a 16 yr olds) lab tests that I could consider myself at goal. I am not at the 'normal' BMI but he said those are outdated and he just uses them as a guideline pre surgery. He then said he could tell I get too hung up on numbers so that I have a range to stay in between 176 and 185 never to go above or below. I went from a size 26 to a size 8 at times or 10's and that was perfect. He wants me to fine tune things for going forward with the nutritionist and come back and see him in 3 mos. WOO HOO!!!! So how cool is that? Me, at goal???? Whodda thunk it??? I feel like a weight has been literally lifted from my shoulders. So I am going to change the goal in my ticker to 180 which is the mid point of that range.

Apples, what a horrible, rotten, totally bad day. Glad you are still able to keep a smile as you are right a frown just isn't going to fix things. Are you ready to go back to the lake??

Long, congratulations.......... You must be in heaven....... Awesome............ You're going to be great at maintenance, I just now it.... Now you really do have to change your name....... "Great" wasn't it??!!!! Happy day.... Julie

I SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN BED THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Sewer system has failed and needs repairing

*I burned (really, really burned) 8 steaks on the grill

*Cheesy potatoes boiled over in the oven

*Slipped and wiped out on my newly scrubbed floor, spilling HOT peach cobbler EVERYWHERE. Salvaged 1 1/2 peices and I ate that with most of the whipped cream.

*Walked out (long driveway) to get the mail and got three letters whipped out of box by wind and chased 1/2 way across a quarter of land to pick it up.

Damn that cobbler was good!

Gotta go....I hear Janet coming

Lord have mercy!!! If that wasn't a day and a half!!! I have to agree with Julie B- at least you got a serving of peach cobbler out of the deal! LOL. So sorry about your ring. At least you didn't lose your ring FINGER! I had a patient once who slammed his finger in a drawer and his wife found it in the junk drawer with the loose change!:thumbup:

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep you heard me, I am officially at goal!!!

WOW WOW WOW LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yipeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!:biggrin::thumbup::w00t::lol::thumbup:

Congrats! That is so wonderful to hear! You did it!!! YEAH! I am so proud of you! You guys truly inspire me!!! I'd do a back flip right now if I knew how!

If your stomach~ Thanks for the ideas. I know I am not pregnant. And a month ago I went to see my doc for a check up (internist). I just wasn't feeling well. He did a "battery" of tests (thyroid and everything else)... EKG... echo... etc. Everything was normal. He spoke with my surgeon, who later called me. He said, guess what? I never said you would feel GREAT while you are losing the weight. You will feel weak, and irritable and sometimes hungry and mad and sad. It will pass. In the beginning your body will fight this weight loss tooth and nail. Just bare with it, you will be ok. Your body is getting used to being on less calories. He was right. I have been pregnant- this is not pregnant. I wish it was! LOL.. but I think there is a reason that God doesn't have a lot of women in their mid 40s having toddlers!

I am simmering inside but trying not to say anything. My DH invited one of the new docs to our house, that joined the group a few months ago. He's a recent grad from an anesthesia residency and is taking his boards on Monday. So someone offered to help him study. Well, last minute he asked if his wife could come with him! He has been here once before. Now, I am not one who gets hung up on messy stuff around the house. But usually the first time someone comes to the house, I like to straighten up, clear toys (at least a path), and make sure I have something to offer to drink. Right now the choices are apple juice, Protein shake or Water..LOL. Oh, I forgot the light vanilla soy milk! :lol: I was in the pool with Nelson when he told me. There are pool toys as far as the eyes can see... wet bathing suits... popsicle wrappers...

This gal is from Miami and supposedly a high fluten interior decorator! They want to start a family soon. She will take one look at my messy house and Restoration Hardware Slip covered couch (nicely decorated with Crayola markers and chocolate) and run from the house to take her birth control pills! I can't do anything but laugh at this point. DH just looked at me when I cleared my junk counter (keys, wallets, toys, medicine and everything else) into an empty laundry basket and thew it in the guest room! Who bets I get to sleep late tomorrow?! (ha, that didn't even happen on mother's day!)

I'd have a glass of wine, but we don't have any. :smile:

What did you guys say about a frown? there we go, I twisted it around. It's sideways, but it will have to do! :tt2:

peasout~ Laura

Edited by peascorps

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep you heard me, I am officially at goal!!! I had my one year post op appt and my surgeon took one look at me and said 'holy crap I looked good' given my frame and excellent (like a 16 yr olds) lab tests that I could consider myself at goal. I am not at the 'normal' BMI but he said those are outdated and he just uses them as a guideline pre surgery. He then said he could tell I get too hung up on numbers so that I have a range to stay in between 176 and 185 never to go above or below. I went from a size 26 to a size 8 at times or 10's and that was perfect. He wants me to fine tune things for going forward with the nutritionist and come back and see him in 3 mos. WOO HOO!!!! So how cool is that? Me, at goal???? Whodda thunk it??? I feel like a weight has been literally lifted from my shoulders. So I am going to change the goal in my ticker to 180 which is the mid point of that range.

Apples, what a horrible, rotten, totally bad day. Glad you are still able to keep a smile as you are right a frown just isn't going to fix things. Are you ready to go back to the lake??

Wow! Holy Cow! Huzzah! Hooray! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! OMW! etc., etc., etc.

You must be quite tall and thin, I'm guessing. I'm glad your Dr. looked at you and not at the charts. Celebrate!

Hey Long....told you I would be able to hear you all the way from Colorado when you reached goal!....I was sitting in the coffee shop with a friend and I heard ya! LOL Not sure when I will make it to the lake. Everything today threw me about 2 days behind. Just going to hit the ground running in the morning and see how much I get done. Again, congrats on goal!

Laura...I know exactly how you feel about "first time company". Ever wonder why you never get an drop in guests when the house is perfect? That question should be out there with "What comes first, the chicken or the egg". Good luck and try not to be nervous. If that lady runs out over something as simple as what you described, she would be one stressed out mother!

Hi everyone. I really appreciate all the support and kind words from you guys. DD called me today and she sounded better than she has in a while. More realistic about where she is and how bad she needs help. We'll see.

I am fighting the urge to binge eat. Been overdoing the past two days but checking in with you all reminds me how important it is to keep working with my band. Today was better than yesterday and I will make sure tomorrow is better than today....it's about the long haul and I am learning to forgive myself for minor slip ups.

Janet--Welcome back!

Long--CONGRATS!!!!!!

Doodle--thanks for being there!

Apples--I think I gain weight just thinking about those delicious meals you make! lol

Have a good evening everyone!!

Hi everyone. I really appreciate all the support and kind words from you guys. DD called me today and she sounded better than she has in a while. More realistic about where she is and how bad she needs help. We'll see.

I am fighting the urge to binge eat. Been overdoing the past two days but checking in with you all reminds me how important it is to keep working with my band. Today was better than yesterday and I will make sure tomorrow is better than today....it's about the long haul and I am learning to forgive myself for minor slip ups.

Janet--Welcome back!

Long--CONGRATS!!!!!!

Doodle--thanks for being there!

Apples--I think I gain weight just thinking about those delicious meals you make! lol

Have a good evening everyone!!

Kath....so happy to hear that you are more optimistic and had a positive visit with your daughter. As you have probably noticed about this thread; you can get support on any subject. There's always someone with some experience on almost anything. We are here for ya!:thumbup:

Hey gang - just read this page - still have to go back and catch up!!!

LORI - CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! WTG !!! FANTASTIC !!!! AWESOME !!! WONDERFUL !!!!

Apples

GF you can rant and rave all you want - OMG you have had a bad day - Well, it's almost over !!!

Here's a few pic's - I had a great time - I would move to Wasaga Beach in a hot second - but is snow's in the winter...

I gotta go start dinner - I need my regular food - missed it.. We ate healthy 98% of the time but did have a few drinks, fudge & ice cream ..

Oh ya I speak Canadian now Eh!!!

CBL - Hugs

Edited by IndioGirl55