Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Sorry been really tried this week So i just got up with everyone's posts.

Congrats to everyone that accomplished a goal this week and to lose who are trucking along with there weight loss.

Janet love you new pics and your grand kids are so cute. Thanks for calling me young. Even though I am 33 I feel so old especially since my son is starting H.S. this year and he just turned 14.

Safe trip to everyone that is traveling.

For all the newbies welcome.

And for the record I do not usually travel alone but if we can find a destination I would love to meet all of you an hang out. That would be awesome!!

The trip sounds good to me . I would like to meet everyone too.:cool2:

Linda, thanks for inquiring about my DH. He had gastric bypass on the 15th. He has lost 8lbs in a week. I just can't get over how well he is doing.......going back to work on Monday.

uuuurrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh~! <growl>:cool2::smile::wub:

I probably shouldn't have done this... got in tonight and stepped on the scale... up to 247! I never usually weigh in the afternoon. My feet are really really swollen... swelling? I guess traveling and increased sodium with eating out for a week. and weight??? Water retention AND..... I guess plain and simple from eating TOO much... and not exercising!!! I feeling like a sloth. I hope I can get to the gym tomorrow.. my feet are actually hurting with slippers on! Not even sure if I can get my running shoes on. Feeling yucky and pissed off at myself.

Thanks for letting me have my little pity party. I know... enough feeling sorry and get back on the band wagon tomorrow.

Refuse to change my ticker tonight. I will get hydrated tomorrow.. walk a little... and re-weigh day after tomorrow and will update the damage then. <pout>:eek::mad2::cool::wub::angry:

peasout~

uuuurrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh~! <growl>:cool2::smile::wub:

I probably shouldn't have done this... got in tonight and stepped on the scale... up to 247! I never usually weigh in the afternoon. My feet are really really swollen... swelling? I guess traveling and increased sodium with eating out for a week. and weight??? Water retention AND..... I guess plain and simple from eating TOO much... and not exercising!!! I feeling like a sloth. I hope I can get to the gym tomorrow.. my feet are actually hurting with slippers on! Not even sure if I can get my running shoes on. Feeling yucky and pissed off at myself.

Thanks for letting me have my little pity party. I know... enough feeling sorry and get back on the band wagon tomorrow.

Refuse to change my ticker tonight. I will get hydrated tomorrow.. walk a little... and re-weigh day after tomorrow and will update the damage then. <pout>:eek::mad2::cool::wub::angry:

peasout~

Vent Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what this thread if for. Tomorrow is a New Day! Go on Protein shakes for a day or two and drink lots of Water. You will go back down.

Sorry Charlene, for some reason I thought your DH got a band, but glad he's doing so well with his bypass. Laura, don't be so hard on yourself you'll get back on the horse and get the job done!! Besides, you know you are retaining Water from traveling. Do yourself a big favor and stay off the scale for a few days. But above all, forgive yourself -- it's okay -- just get back to it in full force now that your home. Linda

Hi Laura, sorry to hear about the swollen feet. I am diabetic and that is one problem I have and I've been praying that the band and losing weight will take care of that problem. I got my date for band surgery - Aug. 6th and I hope all of my blood work will be okay and not hold me up. My A1C had been 8.4 and I hope with the insulin adjustment it is lower. I don't know if that could hold the surgery up or not. I do hope that maybe we could get together if we make it down to Port ST Lucie in October for vacation. That would be so nice. You said you use the CPAP machine. Do you use the mask or the nasal pillows? I got the nasal pillows because I am claustrophobic and didn't think I could do the mask. Then I found out I evidently sleep with my mouth open at times so they added a chin strap. I sure hope all of this is worth it. I am getting really nervous and so scared of the nausea I get after surgery but so ready to get it over with. All of the women in this group are super nice and I only ask that you all keep me in your prayers.

Evening all.... Linda, I'm so glad to hear positive news about your DGD... Mine is 2 1/2 also and can't imagine the stress of having her sick... I'll be praying that they can nip this in the bud and she will be doing well real soon.... I also can really relate to your food story... That has happened to me... and I now am very content in the knowledge that I can put anything on my plate, but need only eat what I want... We were to a picnic last night... Took a brat, a hamburger, potato salad, broccoli salad, chips and a water... I ate about a third of the brat... 2 bites of the burger, one bite of potato salad ( not very good) and most of the broccoli salad.... a couple chips... gave the rest to DH and was just very content sipping my Water and visitin... I did have an ice cream bar later as a treat, but I was fine.. scale was kind this morning and it lets me know that I can be "normal" with no repercussions..... I like that... It's the security I need to keep doing what I do... I'm happier with the band than with any other "tool" I've ever tried.....

Laura, relax...... it'll be better when you get back to routine at home.... You deserve a little break and this isn't going to undo all the good you've done.. Keep the faith....

I'm doing well, but tired tonight... out to supper with friends and then some cards, but feel a bit wiped out... Just going to take it easy... TTYL....Julie

Laura~ Don't worry gf. You'll be fine. You were on vacation! In a few days it will be gone. Hey, at least we are the same weight now!

Julie~ Glad to see that you are getting out and about. Getting better!

Linda~ At least they finally figured out whats wrong with your DGD. I will continue to pray for her. Every night now I am sure to include all of you and your famlies in my prayers.

Charlene~ Glad your DH is doing well! Thats wonderful news!

I just wanted to share something with all of you quickly. Today on my way home from work I was a bit angry at my boyfriend for not being home from the ball game that he had been at all day thus making us miss our plans for tonight. Anyhow, this is now resolved, but while driving home, I thought about eating. Usually when I experience any type of emotion, I would eat. Today was unlike any other. I said to myself, "Meredith, you have come too far and worked too hard to do what you have done. Don't even think about ruining it for yourself!" So, I didn't! I came home and had some Soup. My caloric total for today is 780. Perhaps I will have a sf popsicle before bed to bring it up to 800? This was a small "ah ha" moment for myself. I am sooo happy that I had this surgery! I am also so happy that I found all of you. Once again, thank you for all of your continued support.

~Meredith

--ljv52-I was also in a restaurant today. I didn't think I'd been experiencing much restriction but I ate bread for the first time (other than a bite or two in the past.) Pita bread with goat cheese, Tomato, olive and hummus. Also had a little spanakopita. I bp'd into a raised flower bed facing the street (we were seated outdoors) very discreetly. Yuck, yuck, yuck. The nutritionist was right when she said bread can expand in your stomach. I was eating slowly and chewing well and still bp'd. On a good note, my DH and I chewed up the sidewalk in downtown Chicago. I was able to walk and walk and walk.

--1 day and Bugs, doesn't a trip sound good? It actually inspired me to write about on-line community and friendship in last night's blog. http://ifyourstomachoffendsyoutieitoff.blogspot.com/

--Char, remember to take care of yourself and not just your husband. I'm glad he's doing so well.

--Laura, stay off that scale for awhile. Do the liquid thing. It'll help you release all that Water. Check your blood pressure, too, jic. Peace out girl. Guilt never helped anyone lose weight for very long.

--Julie, so glad you're doing better. It is great to be able to eat a little of this and a little of that, and an occassional treat. Just be careful of pita bread. (Q. What do the first letters of pita bread, when reversed, spell?)

Edited by ifyourstomachoffendsyou

Good Morning Gang !! Boy, you guys have been soo busy !! I can't post here but on the wkends cause of work and no time, but I truly love to read what everyone has been up to!!

Joann~~ CONGRATS on making it to ONDERLAND !! It's great here isn't it !!

Laura~~ I love to read about what you are doing and about Nels!! He is soo cute! Thank you for all you do to help the rest of us!!

Meredith~~ WTG on 30 pds lost!! You are doing soo good, keep up the good work!!

Apples~~ Good to hear from you again!! Like I said, I don't get on here but on the wkends and I have thought about you every day this wk, wondering whats up with you! I couldn't hardly wait to get in here to see what's been going on!! I 'm just glad you were doing something you enjoy! I also love to travel!! And when I retire in 6 yrs. that is just what I'm going to do!! One of these mornings, my kids are going to look for me and my DH, and WE WILL BE GONE !! He likes too travel too.

Janet~~~ love-love-love your pics!! Your DGK's are awesome!! I've got to learn how to do that and put one up off my DGS, who lives with us, he is such a joy to us!! We have 10 DGK's and we love them all but he has a special place in our hearts!!

Bugs~~ Keep on coming back here listen to these girls, they KNOW what they are doing!!! Before long you will be on your way to a healthier life and that is what we all want!! For yrs, I have tried to diet my way thru life and it just didn't work and now I'm working on a healthier life!!

Hope everyone else is doing good and have a great wkend !!

Edited by doodlebug11

Hi everyone. I haven't had much time the last few weeks but decided to check in this morning. It's nice to read everyone's posts. The past few weeks have been very bad. My DD (21 yrs old) relapsed into drug addiction and is a real mess. Hard core stuff this time and DH and I are just exhausted. Stealing, lying, the whole nine yards. My heart is so broken. Luckily I have a couple of fantastic friends without whose support I couldn't have made it the past few years between her antics and my bipolar DS.

Good news though is even though I haven't been very diligent with the rules, I am still losing slowly but surely. An someone I don't see everyday noticed for the first time this week. Nice. food used to be my comfort (like all of us I guess) but the band is really helping me control that. I did get my second fill last week, totally painless and I think I got a little more restriction....

So glad to read about how well all you guys are doing and the encouragement to those that are stuggling a bit. This group is good for the soul! :biggrin: God bless you all!

Hi everyone. I haven't had much time the last few weeks but decided to check in this morning. It's nice to read everyone's posts. The past few weeks have been very bad. My DD (21 yrs old) relapsed into drug addiction and is a real mess. Hard core stuff this time and DH and I are just exhausted. Stealing, lying, the whole nine yards. My heart is so broken. Luckily I have a couple of fantastic friends without whose support I couldn't have made it the past few years between her antics and my bipolar DS.

Good news though is even though I haven't been very diligent with the rules, I am still losing slowly but surely. An someone I don't see everyday noticed for the first time this week. Nice. food used to be my comfort (like all of us I guess) but the band is really helping me control that. I did get my second fill last week, totally painless and I think I got a little more restriction....

So glad to read about how well all you guys are doing and the encouragement to those that are stuggling a bit. This group is good for the soul! :biggrin: God bless you all!

So sorry about your DD. My first husband had issues with alcohol. I found attending 12-step meetings to be very beneficial. The Lord bless and keep you.

uuuurrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh~! <growl>:biggrin::tongue2::unsure:

Refuse to change my ticker tonight. I will get hydrated tomorrow.. walk a little... and re-weigh day after tomorrow and will update the damage then. <pout>:crying::mad::mad::thumbup::lol:

peasout~

Hey sweetie hang in there just get back on track. Get back to the Water intake and up ypur Protein that should help you feel better in no time. :)

We all have are off times. We are here for you to vent.

Kath, I am so sorry to hear about your DD! I know what you are going thru! I have mentioned that I have a 4 yr old DGS that lives with us, well the reason he does is that his Mom, my youngest DD, 26, is in drug rehab. We have been dealing with this since she was 15. My heart has been broken so many times, but I never stopped loving her. On her 18th bd, I took her to the place that she wanted to be at, all her drug buddies lived there, and dumped her off. I have tears in my eyes right now, it hurt so bad!!! And that was 8 yrs ago. But I just didn't know what to do but show her some tough love.

She stayed gone for 4 or 5 months, moved back home, in and out for yrs. She had this wonderful boy, still using, had a really good job, got caught stealing, got fired, moved back home, which I really didn't mind, I rested better knowing my Grandbaby was safe!! The Daddy is in prison,for drugs, he was the one that got her hooked, so he is not around. The final straw was DD2 told me that she was smoking pot in front of Eli, my DGS, he was 3 yrs old and knew more about smoking dope that I did!! He knows what a pipe is, papers, and they use a scraper for something, I don't know but he does! I called DHS and turned her in for child neglect and child endangerment. They tested her for drugs and she tested hot for pot and meth. They told her that if she didn't get into a drug rehab, they would take Eli from her and put him into foster care, and then not even myself and my DH could get him. We found a 7 month program, about 20 miles from home, so we can see her every Sat. for 2 hrs and we talk to her 2 times a wk for 15 min. It is a Faith based program, they start at 6:30 a.m. with prayer, Bible study-readings, discipleship, volunteer at a nursing home, and go to different places to give their testimonies. They also go to a program called Celebrate Recovery on Friday nights, so they are kept busy! She went in Feb. 10 and will get out Sept. 10, and I just told her last wk that the real test will start when she gets out! She has to get new friends and a new job. She has a friend that she goes to church with that told her she would hire her when she gets out, that makes me feel better knowing that she will keep an eye on her! My belief in God has what has gotten me thru all this!! When it got bad, I would cry out to Him and talk to Him like He was my best friend!! Sorry this is so long but my heart is just crying out for you!! If you ever need to talk to someone that has been there, email me and I WILL listen!!! Take care and hugs to you!!