Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

IndigoGirl55,

I was banded on 6/2 and have since lost 19 pounds. I stared out at 215 and I am currently at 196 (my goal weight is 150). However, my weight has been at a stand still since two weeks ago. I am not losing, nor am I gaining. I am scheduled for my first fill the end of July. Hopefully, that will allow me to lose more weight. I am still eating the right things and not exceeding my caloric, fat, carborhydrate, etc. intake each day. Do you think that the fill will assist me with losing more weight?:P

IndigoGirl55,

I was banded on 6/2 and have since lost 19 pounds. I stared out at 215 and I am currently at 196 (my goal weight is 150). However, my weight has been at a stand still since two weeks ago. I am not losing, nor am I gaining. I am scheduled for my first fill the end of July. Hopefully, that will allow me to lose more weight. I am still eating the right things and not exceeding my caloric, fat, carborhydrate, etc. intake each day. Do you think that the fill will assist me with losing more weight?:P

Guys,

I am so sorry about the repeated posted messages. I am still learning the system and have learned my mistake here.

Car Trips !!!

My bros were 1 & 3 yrs younger than me 7)- we drove arcoss country twice to Vermont. Once in 63 and again in 65 - 3 kids in the back seat -

Laura - I am still a food horder - My pantry is full and there has never been a day in my life as a child where I went hungry or deprived of food (well expect being on a diet). I always want to make sure I have enough.

I know w/my gf who had bypass that she eats a lot smaller portions than me.. They really do only eat like 2 or 3 oz.

Soup is always a good choice - my gf since surgery can't eat beef - if doesn't agree with her - bypass is so totally diff than our band.. Especially the whole sugar thing..

I would see how she does at home then choose from there..

Janet~ Good idea about Soup. Maybe I can even have a couple different ones made that have lots of good bypass friendly foods in them. She told me that she has to be careful that sugar grams are in single digits per serving. She so bad wants to go out to a restaurant, but I was feeling the same way you were-- see how she does at home first. I would hate for her to have her first dumping at a restaurant! My niece is 26 and coming along for the ride. She has gained a lot of weight in the last two years. Went from 160 to 202. She desperately wants to buckle down and get healthier. (I fear she is heading the same direction as her mom was). So maybe being around us will be a positive experience. I have lots of little activities planned that will give us some exercise and allow her to see my town; downtown riverwalk, stuart oceanographic institute...

I loved hearing about your road trips! I was the youngest of 3 and always got the roll away bed too! Back then my mom used to put a sheet in the back of the station wagon and sprinkle Cereal and peanuts and jelly Beans. We would each get a turn to lie down in the back and have a snack! LOL. Seatbelts were optional back then. I have fond memories of us doing the NC to New Hampshire trip 2 times a year to see my mom's family.

Apples~ I will have to try the soynuts- have never had them. I love the Kashi Go Lean Crunchy. I add a little to my yogurt when I need a crunch!

CBL~peas

IndigoGirl55,

I was banded on 6/2 and have since lost 19 pounds. I stared out at 215 and I am currently at 196. However, my weight has been at a stand still since two weeks ago. I am not losing, nor am I gaining. I am scheduled for my first fill the end of July. Hopefully, that will allow me to lose more weight. I am still eating the right things and not exceeding my caloric, fat, carborhydrate, etc. intake each day. Do you think that the fill will assist me with losing more weight?:redface:

Guys,

I am so sorry about the repeated posted messages. I am still learning the system and have learned my mistake here.

No Problem LadyT it takes awhile to learn the site :0)

Exactly how much are you able to eat per meal (1 cup or more) and how long are you staying full.

What is your calories for the day - are you varying them.

During my weight loss phase I kept my calories between 800-1200 and I was exercising 4 to 5 days a weeks - my 1st yr of banding I went to the gym 179 out of 365

- how much Protein are you getting in? By now I would say you are on regular food

Are you exercisings??

Weight loss even with the band is all about calories in vs calories burned.. To lose weight you have to consume 3500 calories less in a week to lose 1 lb...

There are alot of pple who once they have moved to mushies/regular food seem to stop losing - but that's due to the fact that they don't have much restriction and are eating larger portions...

I was lucky I never had that problem - even before my 1st fill if I was still hungry at dinner I just ate more veggies - I'm a WW girl - to me veggies are free foods :-)

Janet~ Good idea about Soup. Maybe I can even have a couple different ones made that have lots of good bypass friendly foods in them. She told me that she has to be careful that sugar grams are in single digits per serving. She so bad wants to go out to a restaurant, but I was feeling the same way you were-- see how she does at home first. I would hate for her to have her first dumping at a restaurant! My niece is 26 and coming along for the ride. She has gained a lot of weight in the last two years. Went from 160 to 202. She desperately wants to buckle down and get healthier. (I fear she is heading the same direction as her mom was). So maybe being around us will be a positive experience. I have lots of little activities planned that will give us some exercise and allow her to see my town; downtown riverwalk, stuart oceanographic institute...

I loved hearing about your road trips! I was the youngest of 3 and always got the roll away bed too! Back then my mom used to put a sheet in the back of the station wagon and sprinkle Cereal and peanuts and jelly Beans. We would each get a turn to lie down in the back and have a snack! LOL. Seatbelts were optional back then. I have fond memories of us doing the NC to New Hampshire trip 2 times a year to see my mom's family.

Apples~ I will have to try the soynuts- have never had them. I love the Kashi Go Lean Crunchy. I add a little to my yogurt when I need a crunch!

CBL~peas

Laura

Why does she want to go to a restaurant so bad... I think I was scared to - what was I going to eat that was healthy.

How far out is she - 1 month ... Ya the whole sugar thing with bypass - that's a big reason I chose the band... I didn't want the dumping..

I was the oldest - well I guess I still am but my 2 bro's (both have passed - I don't think you had joined yet - but I lost my baby bro 50 named Michael 10/08 and my other Bro was 43 and died in 99) I got the roll away cuz they slept togethter... I loved the roll aways.. Those trips back east were the best..

Well back from the gym - arms tonite - and I worked out today !!! I am going to be sore by Friday :0)

Hello, I'm about ready to jump in a nice bath but thought I would check in first.. I did a bunch of cleaning again today and am feeling the ache!!!! But my list is dwindling down to just a few items... My restriction after my fill seems to be a little more than it was.. I made the mistake of sharing an apple with Mimi this afternoon and boy was that the wrong thing.. I peeled it and chewed slowly and well, but it sat there like a lump.. I think I finally feel better and was able to have some supper... DD is still sick... Don't know what to do to help her... It's very frustrating and she's now missed a whole week of work.. I hate to see her lose that paycheck!!!! Especially with the medical bills she'll have now from all this.. She has seen 4 different doctors now and still not doing well... I'm taking her to Bismarck in the morning and hope to make some people sit up and take notice... enough is enough...

Lady T, welcome and don't worry, we've all had to learn the ropes around here.... First off, congrats for losing 19 pounds since surgery a month ago... This is very typical, though, to stop a bit.. Your body is catching up with what happened to it... Stalls are common and the main thing to remember is to follow the rules and the weight will come off..... Sometimes it seems hard to believe... I've had my doubts, but I've lost 95 pounds in about 8 months... (was banded 10 months ago, but had a setback and didn't lose or gain for more than 2 months.) Keep the faith and you'll be skinny before you know it....

Laura, I think Janet was right about the soup... it's always a good healthy choice... I have a friend who did bypass also, and she has developed so unusual eating habits... sometimes she doesn't and just pops those Protein Shots from the health store... I don't think that is good for her, but it's not for me to say... I think learning to eat regular food, but just much less of it is a much more acceptable approach to weight loss.. Hope you and your sister enjoy your visit... I'm sure you will continue to be her inspiration.

I walked on my treadmill today and even tried a little jogging.. I can sure feel it in my back tonight... I also tried to get on my bicycly.... DH had it ready for me in "easy" gear.... I have such bad balance from being so heavy all my life that I have to be very carefull.. don't want to crash and burn... Can't have scapes and scratches at my age!!! Anyway I found a place to feel safe while attempting to get my balance.. When I did get going the first revolution of the pedals had me crying out in pain when my right leg came up... That's the one that is giving me so much trouble right now.. So, either I have to raise the seat to allow me more room for my leg to come up, or I have to wait to ride until the leg is better... May try to have the seat raised a bit, but I can't go too high as I need my feet to touch the ground in order to balance myself... I may just have to wait a while....

Well, it was a good day for the most part.... followed the rules and the scale was down 3 pounds this morning from Monday.. I figured I was retaining fluids and also a bit plugged up... But I'll take it anyway I can get it!!!! Goodnight all, happy dreams..... Julie

Well GF's I really am feeling goooood now! :redface: Happy about that for sure! Thank you for all of your support, kindness, and love. This is fantastic that we are all on here sharing all of our stories.

I ventured out on my own today. :biggrin: I went to the support group meeting, which was great, and then to the drug store to get some Advil. There is a PA that goes to the support group meetings and she has the band too. I showed her my incisions and she said the looked "fantastic". So, that was good news! It was good to get out and drive!!!! Yesterday I spent about four or five hours at my parents house and that is all I could handle. They have dogs, and my dad really hurt his back. Andrew came and picked me up and we went to his moms, let out her dogs, and sat outside for awhile.

Let me tell you, Andrew is my Angel!!!! He vacuumed, re-cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen, dusted, and striped the bed for me all before I came home! I was amazed and happy to not worry about that stuff for awhile. So glad I have him! Plus, I had to sleep on the couch for the first two nights because our bed is too low to the ground for me to get into and out of easily. He slept on the loveseat beside me both nights. Everytime I woke up bc of pain or uncomfort, he was up and ready giving me my meds, and adjusting pillows, etc. Sorry to brag, but I just couldn't help myself! I had to give him his props!:wink5:

Laura~ If your fam likes middle eastern food, that may be a good option for your sis. Lentil Soup. I cannot wait to eat lentil soup! It is delicious and this place nearby makes the best lentil soup ever! Just an idea. You are going to have so much fun with your sis and her daughter! Girl time + Nelson! He will love all of the attention.

Ok, well, off to bed, I had to get my fix of LBT! It's been awhile! Boy I am long winded, and apparently I like the sound of my own voice! LOL.

TTYL~ Meredith

Hi all,

It is my 1 year anniversary today Yeah!! :redface: I go for my 1 year follow up on Monday.

Anyways I hope everyone has a great day.

Hello, I'm about ready to jump in a nice bath but thought I would check in first.. I did a bunch of cleaning again today and am feeling the ache!!!! But my list is dwindling down to just a few items... My restriction after my fill seems to be a little more than it was.. I made the mistake of sharing an apple with Mimi this afternoon and boy was that the wrong thing.. I peeled it and chewed slowly and well, but it sat there like a lump.. I think I finally feel better and was able to have some supper... DD is still sick... Don't know what to do to help her... It's very frustrating and she's now missed a whole week of work.. I hate to see her lose that paycheck!!!! Especially with the medical bills she'll have now from all this.. She has seen 4 different doctors now and still not doing well... I'm taking her to Bismarck in the morning and hope to make some people sit up and take notice... enough is enough...

Lady T, welcome and don't worry, we've all had to learn the ropes around here.... First off, congrats for losing 19 pounds since surgery a month ago... This is very typical, though, to stop a bit.. Your body is catching up with what happened to it... Stalls are common and the main thing to remember is to follow the rules and the weight will come off..... Sometimes it seems hard to believe... I've had my doubts, but I've lost 95 pounds in about 8 months... (was banded 10 months ago, but had a setback and didn't lose or gain for more than 2 months.) Keep the faith and you'll be skinny before you know it....

Laura, I think Janet was right about the soup... it's always a good healthy choice... I have a friend who did bypass also, and she has developed so unusual eating habits... sometimes she doesn't and just pops those Protein shots from the health store... I don't think that is good for her, but it's not for me to say... I think learning to eat regular food, but just much less of it is a much more acceptable approach to weight loss.. Hope you and your sister enjoy your visit... I'm sure you will continue to be her inspiration.

I walked on my treadmill today and even tried a little jogging.. I can sure feel it in my back tonight... I also tried to get on my bicycly.... DH had it ready for me in "easy" gear.... I have such bad balance from being so heavy all my life that I have to be very carefull.. don't want to crash and burn... Can't have scapes and scratches at my age!!! Anyway I found a place to feel safe while attempting to get my balance.. When I did get going the first revolution of the pedals had me crying out in pain when my right leg came up... That's the one that is giving me so much trouble right now.. So, either I have to raise the seat to allow me more room for my leg to come up, or I have to wait to ride until the leg is better... May try to have the seat raised a bit, but I can't go too high as I need my feet to touch the ground in order to balance myself... I may just have to wait a while....

Well, it was a good day for the most part.... followed the rules and the scale was down 3 pounds this morning from Monday.. I figured I was retaining fluids and also a bit plugged up... But I'll take it anyway I can get it!!!! Goodnight all, happy dreams..... Julie

Julie Whats wrong with DD?? Congrats on the scale and yes good bm's (tmi ;0) are great for the scale - we all have that mentallity :0) Becareful on jogging not good on the knees...

Well GF's I really am feeling goooood now! :tongue2: Happy about that for sure! Thank you for all of your support, kindness, and love. This is fantastic that we are all on here sharing all of our stories.

I ventured out on my own today. :) I went to the support group meeting, which was great, and then to the drug store to get some Advil. There is a PA that goes to the support group meetings and she has the band too. I showed her my incisions and she said the looked "fantastic". So, that was good news! It was good to get out and drive!!!! Yesterday I spent about four or five hours at my parents house and that is all I could handle. They have dogs, and my dad really hurt his back. Andrew came and picked me up and we went to his moms, let out her dogs, and sat outside for awhile.

Let me tell you, Andrew is my Angel!!!! He vacuumed, re-cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen, dusted, and striped the bed for me all before I came home! I was amazed and happy to not worry about that stuff for awhile. So glad I have him! Plus, I had to sleep on the couch for the first two nights because our bed is too low to the ground for me to get into and out of easily. He slept on the loveseat beside me both nights. Everytime I woke up bc of pain or uncomfort, he was up and ready giving me my meds, and adjusting pillows, etc. Sorry to brag, but I just couldn't help myself! I had to give him his props!:w00t:

Laura~ If your fam likes middle eastern food, that may be a good option for your sis. Lentil Soup. I cannot wait to eat lentil soup! It is delicious and this place nearby makes the best lentil soup ever! Just an idea. You are going to have so much fun with your sis and her daughter! Girl time + Nelson! He will love all of the attention.

Ok, well, off to bed, I had to get my fix of LBT! It's been awhile! Boy I am long winded, and apparently I like the sound of my own voice! LOL.

TTYL~ Meredith

Hey Meredith Glad you are feeling better - Yep your Andrew (that's my GS name) sounds like a keeper... You can make your own lentil soup - just puree the Beans and add them back to the bean broth - cream of lentil soup :0)...

Ck with your doc on the advil - I am suppose to take only tyenol - liquid at that... I do take pills (tyenol) everynow and then when I'm not home cuz liquid tyenol is hard to carry around.. I was told nothing but tyenol...

Hi all,

It is my 1 year anniversary today Yeah!! :cursing: I go for my 1 year follow up on Monday.

Anyways I hope everyone has a great day.

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - 56 LBS GONE WTG !!!!

Well I gotta jump in the shower it's almost 6 and I have another busy and short day at work - we are having a 4th bbq at 1:30 today and then they most likely will let us go home a little early - but that again will depend on my desk - since I am taking Monday off..

Well I will cb when I can today - may not be til tonite

Have a great day everyone - you all are doing so great !!

Morning,

Janet, DD broke out in a rash from her neck to her knees a while back.. (Over 2 weeks now I think) and started itching just terrible... Finally couldn't take it anymore and started doctoring.. 1st guy sent her home and said to buy vaginal itch cream and put on her rash.. 2nd guy did a blood test and gave her Dyflucan for yeast infection and some other cream... 3rd was the ER who put her on Prednizone and zyrtec and sent her home.. 4th was a NP here in Washburn who actually did a scraping on the rash to have analyzed.. That was Monday... She cut the prednizone in half and told her she should be much better in a day or 2... Well she had gotten so sick and dizzy after the ER they figure the drugs were making her sick.. She still can hardly hold her head up and is so dizzy all the time... I'm going to take her to the chiropractor this morning.. Maybe she had a neck bone out that is limiting the flow of blood to the brain.. And we are calling the NP again to see if the test results are in yet.. One good thing is that the itching has finally subsided..... anyway she needs to be better... She missed 40 hours of work this week...Not good for the financial situation....

As for the jogging, well, you sure are right... My knees don't hurt, but my neck and shoulders do... I was holding on to the treadmill while doing it and I must have woke up muscles that had been sleeping a very long time.. Feel like I was run over by a truck today.... I think I'll stick to walking.. I actually like the walking tape better than the treadmill anyway....

1 day.....happy Bandiversary.... congrats on your weight loss... Next year you will be all done at this rate... What a wonderful thought, huh????? You've done a great job.... keep it up!!!!

Well, I should do something before leaving for Bismarck.. I also have an appointment to get a perm this afternoon... I really need one again... Keeps the nice body in my hair.... Have a great day everyone.. Julie

Julie

Well doctor Janet (lol who doesn't have a license) doesn't have any idea what she could have - maybe she's allergic to something new like body lotion - soap etc.. Hope she gets better soon..

Yep walking is the best exercise - I know you like the walking tape better cuz the treadmill is harder - have you combined them ?? I have to listen to my ipod on the treadmil otherwise it's to boring...

Have a great day

Janet~ I just called my Dr's office to make sure I can take Advil. I'm allowed. She said that the only reason why I couldn't take Advil before was because of the bleeding risks associated with surgery. I'm happy, because Advil is really the only thing that works for me!

Julie~ I really think that you should take your DD to a dermatologist! From what it sounds like, she might have a skin condition that is fungal based. I have it, and if I don't keep it under wraps it can spread all over my body! Literally. It usually springs up when the weather get warm. My sis has it too! We get it on our necks and stomachs. It starts with one spot, but if we don't put meds on it right away, it could spread very rapidly. Just an idea?

Feeling good today gals! Hardly any pain. Going to go to Meijers to get some more of those stretchy pants that I bought there last week and another sports bra with a zipper in the front. Maybe I'll hit up the resale shop right around the corner too?

Have a wonderful rest of your afternoon!

~Meredith

Hi everyone, Happy Bandanniversary 1Day! Time does seem to fly here in band land. Janet, have a safe and fun trip to visit your DS and family. Everyone have a very happy 4th. I've been busy, it just seems that my days are getting shorter all the time. I work nights and then I can't go to bed early on my off nights so I stay up late and then get up around 10:00 a.m. and eat a quick Breakfast and then off to the gym at noon and by the time I get home it's 3:00, if I have grocery shopping, etc. it's after 4 when I get home. My DGD is here tonight, we had her visit this afternoon and took her to our outdoor concert at the town square tonight -- it's a fun time - our municipal band is said to be the longest enduring muni band west of the Mississippi. DGD enjoyed it, enjoyed the popcorn and ice cream they give out -- it's truly smalll town America at it's very best -- we are so in love with our little town and it's traditions after living so many years in the LA area. Meredith, so happy you are doing so well, congrats on your band and congrats on having such good taste in men!! Andrew is a definite keeper!! My DH is like that as well, treats me so well and is just so kind always. My DS is that way with his wife too, so I'm very proud of that as well. Had bad news on my DGD she did test positive for Lupus, but had to have more blood drawn yesterday to see if it's just the skin type Lupus, or if it's the type that also affects organs. So please say a prayer for her and for us that it's just the skin type. We won't probably know until some time next week. After my complaining about my only losing 4 lbs. the entire month of June, my scale was good to me on Tues, the last day of the month and I did have a 3 lb. loss for the week, so that made it 7 lbs. for the month and I was thrilled. Laura, hope you have a great time with your sister. The only experience I have with bypass is a friend that had a bypass in 91 and she never ever eats anything in a restaurant. She orders, but never even trys to eat -- always takes it home. She's in my red hat group and not someone I know well enough to ask. I have seen her eat some Desserts at other gatherings, but I have never seen her eat any real food. I've often wondered why. For me, I always order baked or broiled fish when I eat out - I would think that would work for bypass patients as well especially since it's a very soft texture. I love fish, and I know many people don't, but I swear, I used to just "like" fish but since I got my band, I LOVE it. Does that sound weird? I am finding a lot of my tastes are changing. I never cared much for beef and pork and so seldom eat that, mostly chicken, fish and seafood. Julie, hope your DD can get some help -- it's so frustrating when you are sick but no one can seem to fix the problem. I am celebrating an anniversary today as well -- today is the anniversary of when I got very ill last year and had kidney failure and spent two months in and out of the hospital. I am in so much better health today than I was last year. I am remembering this anniversary just because I am so thankful that I am 100% healthy. That was the illness that delayed my band -- I would have been banded by September, but I had to wait until my kidneys were functioning 100% again and that took until December. OMG Long, that bear was a brave one! What a scary night that must have been! Glad you made it home safe and sound. Have a safe and happy 4th everyone!!! Linda

Good Morning Gang...

Well, I am popping in before I go (got up early just so I could :0)...

DS & DIL are in a bit of a tiff - I really don't even want to go except I have to take DGD back home.. Hope they make up before I get there tonite.. I'm not into being around pple who are getting along..

Linda - Congrats on those 3 lbs - yep it does all work out as long as you keep working your new healthy lifestyle.... :0)

Congrats on your anniversary and that you are healthier today than last yr.. Thanks be to God...

Well, everyone have a good 4th - Enjoy yourselves - be careful and make wise food choices... Have a little of this or that remember this isn't about being deprived - it's about moderation and our health..

Hugs to all - Love you guys (ladies :0)

Janet