Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

So glad to hear you are back and banded, Meredith! You sound like you are doing well - and will be back to regular activities sooner than you can imagine. As with everyone else -remember this is your time for healing. You might not lose much - some do, some don't - but don't worry either way. Follow the doctor's rules to the letter, lots of fluids, walk for some mild exercise, and relax. and come back here so we can give you a hard time. Somebody's gotta do it, right? You are beautiful, girlfriend...

Hey Meredith, glad you are back and seem to doing well.. It takes a few days for everything to come around and you then start to feel like yourself again.. be kind to yourself and follow you doctor's advice... Welcome to our world.....it's a good place...

I'm having a bill paying day.. Got our finished and now have to do Mother's..... Then my baby comes at 4:30.... My husband bought another 4 wheeler today so now we can each have one when we go out with our friends... I guess I'm going to be an outside girl now.. Never have been before, but I think I like it!!!!!

TTYL gang.... Julie

I'm here!!!!!! Everything went really well! I only have 2 small incisions. One is about an inch and a half and the other is about two inches. In the hospital they gave me liquid vicodin and morphine. The morphine only worked for about 20 minutes and that was it. Thank goodness for the vic! I couldn't sleep the entire night after surgery. Idk why, but that was torturous. In the am they took me for my swallow test and then took out my foley. That was a relief! The nurse even said that i was like a slug in the morning, but once i got that out, i wanted to leave asap!

It's kinda been a slow go since i've been home. i'm tired and uncomfortable. should i be having about 800 cal? thats what the dr said right after surgery, but i forget to eat! thats about all for now. i'm going to take a nap! i finally ventured out, and now i'm at my parents. new change of scenery!

Thank you everyone for everything!

I am so glad everything went fine and you are doing well. We all missed you.

I'm here!!!!!! Everything went really well!

There she is!!! We were all worried about you GF! WOW.. only 2 incisions?! I have heard about the single incision.. so I guess the main surgery was one incision and the port was the second. That's great! I look like a bad stab wound patient, but it's ok, he went in to my old gallbladder scars anyway. FYI a "foley" is a foley catheter for urine to get out of the body! I only stayed one hour in recovery and then home. (It was my choice since I was cash paying). In hindsight I might have opted to stay.

What type of foods are you allowed to have now? Just try to get in your Protein shakes and liquids. Staying hydrated is the MOST important thing.

:thumbup:soooooooooooo proud of you!!!

Hi gals....Hope all is well. I have been at Mom's for a couple of days. I've had a headache for a week and a half, I figured it was allergies, well...I got sick and went to Dr yesterday and it's turned into a sinus infection. Fell some better, I have a headache still. I couldnt eat yesterday, everything came back up. Trying to eat a banana now and its kinda difficult. Will get a Slim Fast after I post this.

I'm on vacation this week. DIL is coming Thursday for a couple of days. Looking forward to that.

Joann....sounds like you had a great time on your camping trip except for that 1 hot day. 110* eek !!

I went to some Thrift stores and a Goodwill store Sunday after church and found 4 pairs of nice casual slacks. I paid 12.00 for all 4!! :thumbup:

Apples, how can you stand to be around all that wonderful food you cook. I admire your will power, that I don't have much of.

Lori...loved your picture on top of that mountain. You look so GREAT !!:cursing:

Charlene, have you heard back anything from your DH's test?

I try to come here daily but lately have been busy and not at home.

Have a good day everyone !!

Huggsssss

Pj

Janet...when are you going to your sons? If I don't make it back here before then, you have a fun, safe trip. !

Hugsssss

Pj

Hey Pam !!

Nope I'm still here til Friday :0)

Sorry about the sinus problems - bananas can be hard for some even on a good day...

Apples is lucky her metabolism is great and she has pretty good restiction and she is fixing healthy meals..

Remember it's not about diet but healthy stuff...

Great find on the pants - I got a pair at marshall on clearance for $4 !!!

Have a good time with DIL and enjoy your time off...

Hi. I was banded on 6-3-09, I am excited but at the same time I feel lonely, especially when the hunger pangs come on me. My first fill is scheduled for 7-13-09, I need help finding the right recipes so that I can feed both my family and myself.

Jarronz - Hi and Welcome

Why are you feelling lonely.. What food stage are you on?

My Lbt DD posted some receipts - I will post them here in a bit - also we have a food thread to give you ideas..

Janet...I have tried three different baked goods made with Truvia. pumpkin pie, shortcake and shortbread Cookies. I really didn't see or taste the difference (with using Splenda). There's a lot of recipes on their website. My DH didn't even notice the difference and he LOVES my recipe where I used to use sweetened condensed milk in my pumpkin pie recipe.

PJ....darn...too bad you are sick during your vacation. Hope you are feeling better soon. Have fun with your DIL. As to your ? about cooking and being around food. Well, I can truly say it does not bother me a bit. I guess I just make sure I have good/healthy choices on hand. I do eat what everyone else eats most of the time unless it is not band friendly. I believe a person has to live life and not be deprived. All about a true balance in what we eat.

Yep Girl you know the secert - I too eat real food not as elaborate as your meals - but I'm cooking just for me as my GS doesnt eat healthy :0) but one thing I couldn't do it the Desserts - I would still eat the cake or Cookies if they were sitting around - and with the 2 of us - it would - my GS could have a piece and not be bothered - me - well it would be calling my name - til it when in the trash !!!

I'm here!!!!!! Everything went really well! I only have 2 small incisions. One is about an inch and a half and the other is about two inches. In the hospital they gave me liquid vicodin and morphine. The morphine only worked for about 20 minutes and that was it. Thank goodness for the vic! I couldn't sleep the entire night after surgery. Idk why, but that was torturous. In the am they took me for my swallow test and then took out my foley. That was a relief! The nurse even said that i was like a slug in the morning, but once i got that out, i wanted to leave asap!

It's kinda been a slow go since i've been home. i'm tired and uncomfortable. should i be having about 800 cal? thats what the dr said right after surgery, but i forget to eat! thats about all for now. i'm going to take a nap! i finally ventured out, and now i'm at my parents. new change of scenery!

Thank you everyone for everything!

Hey Meredith !!!! Glad to hear you are on the mend... I had a pain after surgery and some bad gas in the shoulder - I had pain pump for the first 12 hrs - then shots - what was in the pumps & shots I don't know -demoral I guess but not sure but my last shot was at 1 p..m. on 7/18 and after that nothing - didn't need it - I still have a giant bottle of liq vicoden in my medicine cabinet..

Just take it easy - walk as much as you can Let your parents baby you..

A pt shake has about 20 grms pt and is about 200 cal so 3 of those a day along with whatever you are allowed right not.. Just keep sipping all day long - you will get better each day..

Hey Meredith, glad you are back and seem to doing well.. It takes a few days for everything to come around and you then start to feel like yourself again.. be kind to yourself and follow you doctor's advice... Welcome to our world.....it's a good place...

I'm having a bill paying day.. Got our finished and now have to do Mother's..... Then my baby comes at 4:30.... My husband bought another 4 wheeler today so now we can each have one when we go out with our friends... I guess I'm going to be an outside girl now.. Never have been before, but I think I like it!!!!!

TTYL gang.... Julie

Julie

Isn't it great going from an inside girl to an outside girl WTG

Ya I gotta go pay some bill too..

--------------------------------------------------

Well, Gang I went to the gym and did my 3 miles on the treadmil - didn't want to go - but went cuz I didn't go last Tues or even Sat and since I won't be home this weekend and it's the 4th - BBQ's - I had to make sure I got it in -

I will walk when I am at my son's and we will play wii but gotta get that exercise in so I can eat .... I love to eat (yes I still enjoy it) but the diff is I know that if I want extra treats - I gotta do extra exercise :0)

Well I am off to pay my bills - will cbl

Hugs Gang

Ok Phyl I down loaded foxfire - lets see if this works - now I see those red lines that you talked about when I miss spell a word (I know I do it often - glad no English teachers here ;0)

Janet...have a great time at your DS. Enjoy the BBQ's.

Wishing everyone a GREAT 4th of July weekend. For those driving...be safe. Want to see you all back on Tuesday. I am heading out early in the morning...yep...to the lake! Bye Bye!

Janet...have a great time at your DS. Enjoy the BBQ's.

Wishing everyone a GREAT 4th of July weekend. For those driving...be safe. Want to see you all back on Tuesday. I am heading out early in the morning...yep...to the lake! Bye Bye!

Have a great time yourself - you drive carefully too - I will have GS - GD and my 2 fur babies - OMW how many pit stops will I have to make - I hate stopping - but this time I am going to make sure I have some popcorn & Jerky for my 6.5 - 7 hr drive :0)

Have a great time yourself - you drive carefully too - I will have GS - GD and my 2 fur babies - OMW how many pit stops will I have to make - I hate stopping - but this time I am going to make sure I have some popcorn & Jerky for my 6.5 - 7 hr drive :0)

I always carry pre-packaged soynuts and Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal in my truck. The cereal has a lot of Fiber and 9gr of Protein per 1 cup. The soynuts REALLY tide me over. 1/3 will carry me for hours. At this stage of my maitenance, I have to be careful when I eat them or I am not hungry for waaaaaaaay too long so I eat them at night b/4 bed.

OMG...to fur babies and kids in the car on such a long trip. Hope you don't have to do one of those "Don't make me pull over" statements. My dad could have a Suburban full of 8 kids and take one swipe, hit us all at once time and not have to take his eyes off the road!:thumbup:

Ok Phyl I down loaded foxfire - lets see if this works - now I see those red lines that you talked about when I miss spell a word (I know I do it often - glad no English teachers here ;0)

Janet...what is FoxFire?

PJ~ Foxfire is a web browser. Janet was having trouble with the forum through AOL.

Wishing all of you guys a Happy 4th of July also! Janet and others who are traveling- be safe! I will be staying put. Sis is coming. She's so cute- emailed me a grocery list of things she needs/wants. (after meeting with her nutritionist yesterday). What's funny is to see her list you would think she was eating for 4! She can only have 1 oz of each thing she is asking for, so I am betting we will have tons of leftovers. It's hard explaining to her that she CAN eat the same thing twice. She just started soft food and wants to TRY TRY TRY, since she has been on liquids and mush for over a month & 1/2. It should be interesting. : )

Question for you guys. If you had to think of a restaurant (either type or chain) that would be the most gastric bypass friendly to try and eat lunch out. She's on soft/normal diet. Just want to show her she CAN eat out, but has to be picky. I was thinking:

Bonefish Grill | Seafood Restaurant

OK friends. Have a good day!

peasout!~

Hope you don't have to do one of those "Don't make me pull over" statements. My dad could have a Suburban full of 8 kids and take one swipe, hit us all at once time and not have to take his eyes off the road!:P

Are you sure we didn't have the same dad? LOL. We used to travel a lot growing up. We had Dodge vans. But dad could just say 1 word and we knew we would be dead meat! So traveling wasn't to bad because we knew if we acted up what would happen. So we didn't fight with each other and do the are we there yet thing. But our travels took us all over Canada and British Columbia. So saying are we there yet wouldn't really work! lol:tt2: What good memories.

Car Trips !!!

My bros were 1 & 3 yrs younger than me 7)- we drove arcoss country twice to Vermont. Once in 63 and again in 65 - 3 kids in the back seat - I don't remember fighting too much - I know that the 2nd time we went they got a little t.v. to help occupy us - I only remember getting Tom & Jerry in Canada and it was in French and then in Kanasa or somewhere like that a football game.. I remeber being into comic books Archie :0).. and I always got the roll away beds in the hotels..

Laura - I am still a food horder - My pantry is full and there has never been a day in my life as a child where I went hungry or deprived of food (well expect being on a diet). I always want to make sure I have enough.

I know w/my gf who had bypass that she eats a lot smaller portions than me.. They really do only eat like 2 or 3 oz.

Soup is always a good choice - my gf since surgery can't eat beef - if doesn't agree with her - bypass is so totally diff than our band.. Especially the whole sugar thing..

I would see how she does at home then choose from there..

No problem - everyone can come to this thread and ask questions, get support - LBT has become my transfer addiction:lol:.

My doc had me do the opti fast too - but luckly it was only for one week and I couldn't stand the Soup (tomatoe which was all they had - my doc provided pre-op diet food) so I was allowed a 4oz of fish and a salad for dinner - the bars were pretty good - I still have some in my pantry.

But you all do need to be aware - I give tough band love (operative word being love) I will not attack you or put you down - but I will tell you to pull up those boot straps and move forward.

I want you all to feel as good as I do - I feel 10 yrs younger - have 100% more energy and am just so much happier with me. I am proud of what I have accomplished and I want you all to feel the same way.

The band does make a hard job just a little easier - It makes it doable, but it still is going to take work on your part.

IndigoGirl55,

I was banded on 6/2 and have since lost 19 pounds. I stared out at 215 and I am currently at 196. However, my weight has been at a stand still since two weeks ago. I am not losing, nor am I gaining. I am scheduled for my first fill the end of July. Hopefully, that will allow me to lose more weight. I am still eating the right things and not exceeding my caloric, fat, carborhydrate, etc. intake each day. Do you think that the fill will assist me with losing more weight?:P