Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else eating normal?

I have troubles exactly like that if the chicken is too dry that could have been your problem. With more restriction I have found even eggs can get stuck if too dry.

Fluffycat,

I would like to preface this with the fact that I have yet to experience a PB, and I can eat a lot of food still (shamefully, I was able to eat a chicken sandwich and small fries from McD's yesterday with NO problems). So to that part of your question, I really can't help.

The drinking- you are supposed to wait because drinking aids digestion, and the goal is to allow the food to remain in the pouch as long as possible to feel fuller longer.

BTW, I have had a fill (3.5 in my 10mm Realize Band), and I have some restriction, but can still eat WAY TOO MUCH! I feel like it is 5-10% the Band and the rest me. Sometimes I wonder if I am some part of huge experiment and I got the placebo! :unsure: I hope with the next fill, I will feel better restriction. I hate losing so SLOWLY.

angelic_1 I just started to feel restriction after my 2nd fill I have 6.5cc's in a 12cc band. I will probably get one more fill haven't decided yet.....

angelic_1 I just started to feel restriction after my 2nd fill I have 6.5cc's in a 12cc band. I will probably get one more fill haven't decided yet.....

Thanks, that's good to hear.

Fluffycat:

I am having the same issue. The proteins: meat, & chicken are getting "stuck" because I am taking too big of bites & not chewing to death. Unfortunately processed food like sugary, fatty foods go down with no problem. I've been having a rough few days trying to get back on track. The best Proteins to eat if your in a hurry would be fish or chicken salad mixed w. lowfat mayo or dressing. The "stuckness" you are feeling up high in your chest is where I feel it too. From what I have been reading that is the normal area to feel the pain from. What a drag!

I have been on vacation this week...I found that I am not making the best food choices. I am not eating NEARLY as much as I did before, but ...doing some fried foods... I was banded on May 19th but have not had any fills yet due to port site infection and surrounding skin irriation. I see the surgeon on Tuesday but I'm sure she wont do a fill yet because the skin is still really irritated. Is anyone else making poor choices??? I havent gained any weight on vacation but have not lost an ounce either.

:thumbup:

I continue to make bad choices eating sugary, fatty foods as they go down easily. I am trying to shake the habit but am having a hard time. I am not scheduled for a 2nd fill until 9/9. So far today I am doing okay. One day at a time!

Did you get restriction from the fill??

I too am making some wrong choices. Not gaining either, but very slowly losing.

I had some restriction after my fill, but not where I need to be. I can still eat way too much!! I am looking forward to my 2nd fill August 21. Hopefully, that will bring me to a sweet spot... a great b-day present (I turn 36 on Aug. 31!)

I got my first fill last Tuesday... got 3 ccs in a 11cc band.... and I am going back this coming week for at least 2 more ccs. I had restriction (a tiny bit) or a day or two but now I am back to eating normal and a lot! I had to have a fill via fluroscope as my port is pretty deep and they don't believe in poking around forever....which I appreciate... but since they got in with the fluro, they may be able to get into it without this coming week.. I sure hope so or I have to wait until mid August when they have the fluro appts. again. I haven't PBd yet or slimed, but know that if I push it,I have almost PBd and I am trying to be careful... but eating pretty much everything. I luckily haven't gained any weight back and am down 33 pounds since my pre=-op mid may (surgery 5/27/08). I am still slowly losing and know with better restriction it will come off much better. They do say that if you are eating a lot and waiting for the SWEET SPOT fill that you can periodically go on a liquid high Protein low carb diet and it will tide you over! I may try that this week waiting for my fill.

Kammi in Everett, WA

I have some restriction with my first fill and have had several "frothing" & "pbing" episodes which are extremely uncomfortable and last for about 45 minutes. I am still struggling with bad choices. I must motivate myself! I have lost 31lbs since the surgery but have not lost anything for the last 2 weeks due to bad eating.

I was banded on 7/7 and when I went back only one week later, I was told that I could start on mushies right away and go to solids two days later. Since then,I have been able to eat anything and I feel like I am starving all the time. I start the day off good and depending on how it goes and how busy I am, I can stick to about 900 cals .It is at night when that old familiar calling to eat haunts me. Does that get better after you reach your sweet spot, no matter how many fills it takes? Is it all in my head? Anyone else experience this and how do you deal? Any advise is appreciated!

So let me understand this. With good restriction, you eat less. Mentally, how do you handle that? don't you still want to eat more? Don't you still have cravings for the wrong types of food--like sugar? So the way to lose weight is with good restriction and physically you can't eat--right?

That is why when you get banded, it's the time to start habits that train your mind psychologically so when you are restricted, it isn't a head game. First, only eat off of small plates.... get used to seeing a small plate with a small amount of food, even if you initially go back for seconds.... but your brain sees that small plate with small amounts of food and learns that that is normal. Then, before you eat, take the largest sniff or two of your food. It is scientifically proven that your brain thinks you have eaten some already if you smell it first. Then make sure you are drinking lots of fluids, especially a big glass of ice Water or crystal light type right before your meal... your tummy will be more full and you won't eat as much. If you also think you are an emotional eater, you might want to consider some addicition or food counseling... a friend of mine did that and it helped considerably. As far as the cravings for sugar.... if you do a strick 2 weeks of Protein (low carb) drinks and only high Protein foods... then really your cravings go away when your body goes into ketosis... that is PART of the reason that my surgeon requires us to do a liver shrinking diet before surgery.... not only to remove the fat from your liver, but to also get you more prepared for eating the band way.... if you are strict with it, it really does take your cravings away... I have none now for over 2 months! I can even eat a small piece of chocolate or a small desert and not want more and actually it kinda makes me sick.... I was addicted beforehand.

Kammi in Everett, WA

I was banded on 7/7 and had my first band on 7/31. My fill was a good experience and 1 1/2 dayed stayed on liquids.< /p>

I had a really stressful day all day yeaterday dealing with old family issues and when I when everyone finally left, I had that tremendous urge to get rid of all those feelings by stuffing myself. I had not eaten all day because I knew I was being 'watched' only one Protein Shake in the morning, so off I went and thing is I stayed with mushies and was able to keep it in. I mean it was a famililiar feeling that I am so working on getting rid of. At the time, it did make me feel so much better. I feel miserable and full this morning. New day, onward, just wondering how you guys deal with this and if you have experiences like this.