Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want tomato soup !

I was banded on may 21st. i have 2 weeks of liquids for now. SOOOO... can i have Tomato Soup? Nothing special just from the can with some Water. I have been drinking v8, but now i think about it... is that okay to have also?!

~~jessica

You betcha'. It's liquid. My fav was Tomato roasted red pepper (or some such name) from Trader Joe's. Yummmo! If you could suck it through a straw, it's yours. Want some other flavors? Get out your blender and have chicken and noodle. Or split pea. Bean and bacon. Full of Protein and you will feel better. If it is too thick, thin down with milk or broth. You can blend just about anything. Tastes like real food, too.

I was banded on may 21st. i have 2 weeks of liquids for now. SOOOO... can i have Tomato Soup? Nothing special just from the can with some Water. I have been drinking v8, but now i think about it... is that okay to have also?!

~~jessica

Cream of chicken with herbs is really good too. They were both a couple of my staples during the liquid diet phase. I also liked the Imagine boxed Caribbean black bean bisque. If i wanted a little extra body, I would add a tablespoon of instant mashed potatoes to the Soup.< /p>

the health food store had a series of AWESOME cream Soups in little boxes with a snap lid on top. they were exactly two servings. Perfect. They had Tomato and basil, roasted red pepper and tomato, cream of mushroom, cream of brocolli, carrot/cashew and ginger (my favorite) butternut squash, cream of corn chowder, They were like heaven. They were organic and filling and perfectly legal. Actually had flavor too.

~~jessica

Sure you can! I just ended my two week liquid only phase and I lived off of Tomato Soup. I made it with low fat milk for added protein! Go for it!

When the nurse called me last week I asked her if I could have Tomato Soup because the sweet shakes were getting old... I was asking about the Tomato Protein Soup I get from New life styles diet... and she told me no... No tomato soup at all... All I can have is Protein Shakes water/crystal light...and broth...

I am wanting something more with flavor!!! one more week.....

Enjoy the tomato soup for both of us.....

I lived off of Tomato Soup, especially in weeks 2 through 4 post op. I was limited to the Soups I could have b/c my doctor told me he wanted me to eat low fat, low sodium soups--fortunately, many Tomato soups fit that bill. I specifically asked him if I could have it, and he said I could.

What's funny is that I didn't even like plain tomato Soup before the surgery (of course I liked the high fat variations of tomato basil), but now I crave tomato soup. Last night I was talking to a friend who was going to pick up pizza and breadsticks for his family, and I thought, "Yuck...that doesn't even sound good! I think my body would reject it at this point." But then, my mind went straight to wanting tomato soup.

~~jessica

I was also banded on May 21st and it is alright to have v8 and Tomato Soup. The nutritionist gave me menu. Your on full liquids right, if so you can have it.

Eat it!!

And also, when it came to chunky Soups, I would just strain the broth or whatever out of the Soups and have the Soup part without stuff in it. Was great for having a variety!

Campbell's Tomato Soup with cheese - yum. There are two ways to add Calcium to any Soup, and especially if you want cream Soups. Simply blend soft tofu into the soup. It is not only full of calcium but it also provides lots of Protein and no fat.

When making soup stock from bones, add acid such as lemon or vinegar -several tablespoons. It helps leach lots of calcium out of the bones into the broth.< /p>