Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not new but have been away

Hello Everyone. I'm not new to this site, but I have been away for awhile, so I'll re-introduce myself.

I am 62 years old and was banded 2 years ago. I've lost about 85 lbs and am at goal weight.

I see that many of you are RVers and snowbirds. One year ago, DH and I retired, put our belongings in storage and hit the road. Still love it.

I keep busy with counted cross stitch (I'm Stitchy smile.gif), knitting and other textile crafts.

Hi Stitchy!

My husband and I love our RV but we aren't full timers, but hope to be some day. Obviously since you are such a success story it shows that you can successfuly combine RV living with the lap band diet!:biggrin2:

Well, I guess my name says it all. We spend time in Arizona, northwestern Washington (our official home) and take some side trips to visit our son at college in Georgia. What part of Washington do you call home, Stitchy?

Well, I guess my name says it all. We spend time in Arizona, northwestern Washington (our official home) and take some side trips to visit our son at college in Georgia. What part of Washington do you call home, Stitchy?

My *home* is Issaquah, WA, but the state kicked us out when we went full-time. No, I'm not joking :unsure: When you don't have a physical address you can't get you or your vehicles licensed. Using a kid's address or a mailforwarding service won't do. It's a felony. No kidding! So, we are domiciled in South Dakota.

Hi Stitchy!

My husband and I love our RV but we aren't full timers, but hope to be some day. Obviously since you are such a success story it shows that you can successfuly combine RV living with the lap band diet!:biggrin2:

We started full time exactly one year ago and I have lost 15 lbs during that year.

Carol: Are you going to NWWLS? That's where I went.

Hi Stitchy, and welcome back!!

So at what point is it illegal to claim a Washington address? We gave our daughter $40,000 for a down payment on a home that had room for our RV, and plan to stay there summers, Christmas, or whenever we feel like it. Our roots are in Washington and we currently have a home in Birch Bay, but we were thinking of getting rid of it because we want to spend more time down near Gig Harbor with our kids. You obviously don't have to OWN a home in Washington to be a resident. I guess we will have to do some research.

I remember a few years ago that Washington state was making a big fuss about people who registered their vehicles elsewhere where it was cheaper, when they actually were Washington residents. Now they don't want our money? We still vote in Washington and live there part of the year, and certainly don't feel like citizens of Arizona.

We love camping we have a seasonal in a campground in Mich.

I do find it somewhat hard stayingon the diet while camping.

But I have a young child and you have to roast marshmellows over the camp fire.

I keep my log book and count everything I eat and we always bring our own food. No eating out.

We would love to be full time Rvers when the time comes for us.

(If my husband ever can retire)

We camp as early as we can with heat on and as late as we can also with heat on It is to cold otherwise.

Good luck everyone.

It is campibg time and school is almost done :unsure:

If you are say ... renting a living place for your RV (like your daughter's house), that would probably qualify you. You will need to do your own checking.

That fuss has to do with the RTA taxes. People were registering their cars outside the metro area to avoid them. So the state said you MUST have a physical address for licenses. In our case, we didn't have one. So, we were kicked out. South Dakota is quite friendly. No income tax. No personal property tax. No inheritance tax. Low (much lower than WA) vehicle registration fees.

So at what point is it illegal to claim a Washington address? We gave our daughter $40,000 for a down payment on a home that had room for our RV, and plan to stay there summers, Christmas, or whenever we feel like it. Our roots are in Washington and we currently have a home in Birch Bay, but we were thinking of getting rid of it because we want to spend more time down near Gig Harbor with our kids. You obviously don't have to OWN a home in Washington to be a resident. I guess we will have to do some research.

I remember a few years ago that Washington state was making a big fuss about people who registered their vehicles elsewhere where it was cheaper, when they actually were Washington residents. Now they don't want our money? We still vote in Washington and live there part of the year, and certainly don't feel like citizens of Arizona.