Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for telling me that about your surgeon. That makes me feel better. I really hope i can get the surgery done. Talking to everyone on here really helps alot.

Can you please tell me what kind of pain medication you were prescribed post op. I'm allergic to vicodin so I was just wondering I'm sure they would send you home with something.

They sent me home with Percotte.

I was also banded on May 20th!! We rock and will be fine...just keep reading these posts and walking and following all the doc's orders to a tee!! We will find success and new health :biggrin:

I just today figured out how to use the ticker thing, thanks to computer-wiz DD. I am sore too but "pain is inevitable, suffering is optional" and I sick of suffering from all my co-morbidities and lugging around all that weight!!

I am showered and off to church, but first a swig of the old pain meds...gotta love that stuff (tee hee) :)

Wow that is kinda freaky! Congrats on not having much pain at all. That is great. How are you feeling now? Eating normal foods? Would you say it has been worth it? I am trying to do some walking. Right now I think my biggest difficulty is not being able to pick up my son. He cries for me and I cannot pick him up. That part really sucks. I had terrible gas pains the first two days after but those are gone now. I do feel weak and tired but I am sure as time goes on that will get better to. Did you have to do the 2 weeks liquid diet before surgery?

I'm feeling great now. Yes, eating normal foods, but not really losing right now. I had my first fill on 4/16, but don't feel much restriction on a regular basis. I'll be getting a second fill on June 10. Yes, you will continue to feel better on a daily basis (I did anyway!) I had to do 1 week liquid diet before surgery and honestly, that's where I lost the majority of my weight!

Can you please tell me what kind of pain medication you were prescribed post op. I'm allergic to vicodin so I was just wondering I'm sure they would send you home with something.

I was on liquid vicodin and it was FABULOUS...but...I have heard of a lot of people who are also allergic to vicodin and there are alternatives that work just as well!

Yes the port side is definitely the sorest part. I am starting to feel a little better. How are you sleeping at night? I have been having a tough time since I always slept on my side and can't do that yet. Are you having any difficulties with drinking all the liquids?

I slept on a recliner for a week or so because it really helped to sort of "push me up and out" if that makes sense. It REALLY was nice! Also, once I started sleeping in the bed (acutally--on second thought I think I did this while in the recliner too) I put a pillow under my belly so it didn't stretch the surgery areas. I STILL have a hard time getting all the liquids in because it's just TOO much to do in a day!

You guys are and inspiration to me. I am waiting for insurance approval which should be no problem. My problem is doctor says he may not be able to do surgery when he gets in there because of scar tissue. I keep reading about the bad gas pains. Do you get to take anything for it? Congrats to you all!

I had vicodin for surgery pain...but as for gas pains...others suggested GasX strips, but for me none of that seemed to work very well. I just did a heating pad, walking and hot tea....it didn't last but about 2 days, but they can be painful!

I'm feeling great now. Yes, eating normal foods, but not really losing right now. I had my first fill on 4/16, but don't feel much restriction on a regular basis. I'll be getting a second fill on June 10. Yes, you will continue to feel better on a daily basis (I did anyway!) I had to do 1 week liquid diet before surgery and honestly, that's where I lost the majority of my weight!

HI Nikki

How did it go when you first started eating real food again? Has it been hard for you to not see any results right now? I think that will be hard thing for me but hopefully with all the support I will be able to deal with it. Portions was always my biggest problem so hopefully. I have only lost a little so far and like you said that was the liquid diet. I am glad you are feeling great. That is encouraging.

I too had Lortab liquid. and I used it.. today I am going from the sore part to itchy part... still just a little sore on the port side.. but going to a wedding shower today.. so getting out to see some friends I haven't seen in about a week and a half.. I know they wont see weight loss as it has been to soon, but will be good to get out and see friendly faces...

I was prescribed delaudid which is a synthetic morphine derivitive. so far so goo. I have pretty much quit taking it except at night and I don't know that it really helped last night so I may be done except for liquid Tylenol. Alot of people get by on just liquid Tylenol.

Hi Nikki - I was banded May 20th as well. I am sore, but not as bad as before. I guess more tender than anything at this point. I don't feel like getting out but I have done a little laundry today and a few dishes. Just ready to get this new life started. Finally seem to have flushed the extra fluids I received in the hospital out of my system. I am back to presurgery weight today. Here we go!! Yay us!!

Hi Nikki - I was banded May 20th as well. I am sore, but not as bad as before. I guess more tender than anything at this point. I don't feel like getting out but I have done a little laundry today and a few dishes. Just ready to get this new life started. Finally seem to have flushed the extra fluids I received in the hospital out of my system. I am back to presurgery weight today. Here we go!! Yay us!!

I don't feel like getting out either. I am extremely tired still. Not sure if that's the meds or lack of food. I am feeling a little better but still very sore. The liquid bandage/glue they put on over the incisions is starting to come off and one of the incisions opened a little but quickly closed itself back up. I was a little nervous there for a minute! Do you feel any pain when you drink the liquids? Mine's not rally pain but a lot of tightness when I drink something as my meal. How long did your doc tell you to stay on liquids before going to mashed foods?

I am excited about this new life as well. I miss eating the things I love but I know in time I will be able too just in much smaller portions!

I am not felling pain really when I drink, just that full feeling and pressure very quickly. I have alot of pressure in my belly today. More than before. I assume its gas. I am on liquids for 10-14 days post-op. I go back to see the surgon on May 30th. I assume he will tell me if I can go ahead and start the mushies or conitnue on the liquids. I am not in any hurry to over exert myself or do anything to make my "innerds" not heal perfectly. I am missing food a little but I know that eventually I will be able to eat most of what I love. It will be ok, and I know we will both be ok too!! Good luck.

This is also my 5th day post op. I am missing crunchy food a bit but know also, I can eat regular food someday soon...just less. I think I'd spent so much time, eating, I actually have lots of spare time. LOL I am getting cabin fever sitting around, so had hubby just drive me to a park and walked a little. It made me feel great, but noted my strength is not 100% yet. I had my box of soymilk for dinner (very lactose intolerant) and am suppose to be on liquids for four weeks!! Oh well, gotta do this right :D