Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got banded on May 21st

Hello everyone, I just got banded on the 21st of May @ 11:00 a.m. I stayed overnight in the hospital. I am feeling good just a little sore but nothing I can't handle. I just what to thank all of you on LBT for all of positive talk you have giving me. thanks again.

I was banded 5/21 as well. Just sitting home on the recliner enjoying somr time off. Sipping Protein Drinks and Water. I will try some broth tonight to see how it goes. Only bad thing has been the gas pains. Walking and gasx has helped some.

Way to go!!! I've been banded for four months now and its a whole new life style and a great journey to take! I wish you all the best and keep reading LapBandTalk as the encouragement and information given by all helps tremendiously!!

I also was banded on the 21st. (must have been a sale that day) In Palm Desert CA.

Looking to shed 60 lbs that have been with me for 16 yrs.

i got banded on the 21st also! i got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon and don't feel all that great. i have a lot of gas but have been sticking with liquids - i'm feeling a lot of pressure in my chest. does anyone else have to give themselves shots of blood thinner? i have to do this daily!

I dont have to do the blood thinner shots... I had one before surgery and then another late that evening...

Are you taking pain meds??....

Also... I used the gas X thin strips and they help a lot too... I move around to to get them to loosen up.....

i am taking pain meds...they were supposed to give me liquid, but my pharmacy didn't have it so the PA said tablets would be OK. she said to crush them, but the pharmacist says that will upset my stomach more - i'm SO confused! the gas thing is really bad, though. gas x strips help, but i dont' understand where all the gas is coming from! i'm just doing liquids...

it's all the gas they fill you up with during surgery (so they have a good view inside you). try to walk as much as possible. also, if you put a heating pad on your lower back, that will start getting the gas moving on it's way out. and congratulations on your surgery!! i wish you the best!:cool2:

I was banded on may 22nd. I went to Mexico by myself and not with the best best support from my family. I am sore and not feeling very well. I guess I was naive about surgery and what it entails. It is a serious decision. I am having some regrets thinking maybe there was another way (knowing there really isn't). Ask me in a year and I bet I have never regretted again! Looking forward to going home tomorrow with no flight delays.

I was banded on the 21st also. i had soem chest pains but they seemed to go away sometime durning the night last night.

grats all

~~jessica

I was banded on 5/20/08. I arrived at 7 30 am, had the surgery at 9 30, that included an unexpected hernia repair. I was released to go home that afternoon at 4 30. The abdominal pain is bearable, but ohhhhhhh, the left neck, chest, shoulder pain from the carbon dioxide is horrendous. Gas X has done nothing for me. Someone told me to try a heating pad on my back to get the gas moving. I also heard that it tends to linger for awhile, my post op visit is on the 29th, but I have to go back to work one week to the day from surgery. Good luck to all who've just gone thru it, it will all be worth it, when we make it to goal!

I was banded on may 22nd. I went to Mexico by myself and not with the best best support from my family. I am sore and not feeling very well. I guess I was naive about surgery and what it entails. It is a serious decision. I am having some regrets thinking maybe there was another way (knowing there really isn't). Ask me in a year and I bet I have never regretted again! Looking forward to going home tomorrow with no flight delays.

hi ! im so sad to hear you're in pain but you're right just keep thinking ... in about 1 year you'll be WAY TOO happy that you got it done !

but i have a quick question ... i'm getting my surgery done on the 28th or 29th in Dominican Republic and am planning on coming back home to Orlando on the morning of the 31st, how when and where are you getting you're first fill ? and is their anything else i should know to do or ask my doctor about ?

thanks SO much !