Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It was actually my ENT that ordered the sleep study. Still waiting for the call back. I'm just about ready to walk in to the docs office and say, can I have my records please, and be done with it.

Why not request your records right now? They are yours. You can have them. Then you will be ready when you find a new GP. They won't like it b/c it takes a long time if you have been a long term patient but they still have to do it. That said, they may charge you $$. but so be it.

Why not request your records right now? They are yours. You can have them. Then you will be ready when you find a new GP. They won't like it b/c it takes a long time if you have been a long term patient but they still have to do it. That said, they may charge you $$. but so be it.

Still holding on to a small piece of hope he'll change his mind. If not, he's fired, and I'll find a new GP. Was hoping he would call today, but don't look like it. I'll give him till tommorow, and after work if he hasn't called I'll stop by the office, and get my records.

Still holding on to a small piece of hope he'll change his mind. If not, he's fired, and I'll find a new GP. Was hoping he would call today, but don't look like it. I'll give him till tommorow, and after work if he hasn't called I'll stop by the office, and get my records.

Did you hear anything from the doctor today?

Did you hear anything from the doctor today?

When I called his office to leave the message to call me, I asked them to have him call my cell phone. I got home that evening with no call from him to find he had left a message on my home phone. I called the next day and repeated that I would like him to call me on my cell; still no call. I'll try again today. I was thinking that I might be better off writing a letter to him. What do you think?

After reading all of your posts, I would advise you to call his office and tell them you want copies of all your medical records by whatever day and time. Tell them you will be at their office at that time and to have the records ready.

Any doctor who avoids you and obviously doesn't want to talk to you, is a real problem. No matter what his opinion of the surgery is, he is showing blatant disrespect for you, his patient. After you have the surgery, you will have a lot of follow up with your GP. You need someone who you can talk to and who is understanding and supportive. This guy doesn't sound like he fits the bill.

Good luck!

Karin

Didn't have to go through this. I would say change surgeons if it's really that troubling for you. If not, just do what they say. Some Dr's have good reason to make you do more and if you trust him then maybe this one does?

I wrote a letter to the PCP and got what I wanted. I would ask him in a letter what he has against WLS. If you don't like your PCP I would just get your records and get a new doctor.

okay, so I am wondering if I will be in the same boat. I discussed w/PCP WLS last year. He said he was not a fan and would not recommend it. I did try to loose weight to no avail, going back to PCP for check ups. I canceled my appt in Feb and decided to check out lap band. I needed a referral for the first consult with surgeon and his office gave it. Now, I have an appt tomorrow w/PCP to ask for the letter....not sure how this will go.....if he does it, I could be scheduled w/in 4 weeks for surgery because other tests have already been done...keeping my fingers crossed

Ok, I"m feeling a bit guilty because it wasn't his mistake the first time he called, the nurse admitted that she forgot to put my cell on his message. I guess they do this electronically now. Then, I forgot I shut my ringer off on my cell phone during a meeting this am, and forgot to turn it on, and he called me twice today. So he has been trying to reach me, but just bad luck. Try again tommorow! Thanks everyone for all the great advice, and support!

Finally got to talk to my PCP today. I told him that I wanted him to apporve the surgery. I told him that I have study this for the last 3 months, I thought about it really hard, and I've made my decision. I told him that if you are against WLS, that's fine, but I told him that I'm going ahead with or without his approval, but I would like him to remain my doctor. He said, ok lets go for it! He said he would have my letter to the WLS doctor faxed out by the end of the day! So I'm back on track!!!

CONGRATULATIONS. That's wonderful!!!

Way to go. I'm so glad your PCP is now going to help you. Mine wasn't thrilled either but I believe that yours changed his mind after he saw that you weren't in for a quick fix and really investigated the band. The journey continues...

CONGRATS!!!!! I am glad your Doc is finally on board! My DR was so easy...I moved into town a year ago and got her then...went in for my yearly this year...brought in my records of my weight loss attempts and she said ok here is your referral...and I had to see her for 3 months...just to make sure the insurance would approve...My Doc is pretty cool about listening to what her patients think and for us usually agreeing.

not that you care anyways...what part of SW MI are you in? I grew up in Spring Lake by Grand Haven. I miss my Michigan!