Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery yesturday and was extremelly nausious the whole time after and even threw up 4 or 5 times. I was told that its probably the anesthsia(sp) wearing off and it should subside. I came home today and threw up some more and am still feeling sooo nausious. ANyone have the same problem?:wink2:

Try calling your doctor and asking him to call in some anti nausea medicine. The same thing happened to me after surgery and I ended up getting dehydrated. Try to avoid having that happen!

Since I was banded on 4/23, I am actually unable to vomit. My nurse practitioner at the family practice said that was typical.

I had a couple of "trying to throw up" episodes right after surgery, but nothing came up. The anestesia just did a number on me. After that I was perfectly fine though... Definitely call to get that anti-nausea stuff.

Same here....I remember waking up in teh recovery room wanting to vomit, although could not, and them giving me a shot of nausea medication, they had to give it to me again about 30 minutes later according to the nurse when I actually came to about 2 hours later.

I would call the doc as a lot of heaving/vomiting could make the band slip!!!

I had my surgery yesturday and was extremelly nausious the whole time after and even threw up 4 or 5 times. I was told that its probably the anesthsia(sp) wearing off and it should subside. I came home today and threw up some more and am still feeling sooo nausious. ANyone have the same problem?:cursing:

Yup.... I actually calmed myself down it was truly hard because i did not want to throw up... but u know when the Water fills up in your mouth and u start that dry heave.. here it comes... But it is prob. the liquid pain medicine they have u taking is is loratab or hycordone? If so I had to stop taking that because i stayed nauseated, I was too weak to even drink water..... I took extra strength tylenol crushed up.... every 4-6 hrs....

Oh gosh I hate the thought of throwing up on such a tender stomach, I'm so sorry you're going through that. My doctor gave me a prescription for anti-nausea medication along with the pain medication. Fortunately I haven't needed it but maybe if you call your doctor he (she?) will prescribe something. They don't want you throwing up either!

I did the same thing and I BELIEVE the reason is...they medicated me for surgery as if I was this woman weighed what I weigh BUT I'm a lightweight when it comes to meds, and so after the fact, I was puking and puking for two days, they kept me on anti-nausea shots for a full 48 hours and then it finally stopped. Be strong and just know, this too shall pass...

What could you possibly be throwing up? I started dry heaving while being woken up from surgery, the nurse practically ran and put anti nausea meds in my IV. But I had had NOTHING to eat or drink for over 24 hrs, so nothing was coming up. They were adamant about not wanting me to even dry heave, let alone throw up. I loved them. lol I didn't want to gag either. :)