Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weigh in... how much have u lost?

I don't know about the rest of you but I am so psyched!! :tt2: I thought it would be fun to see how much we have lost ... say starting with your preop diet (or at least 2 weeks before banding) until now. I think it would also be very motivational for the rest of those who are still waiting to be banded -- give them something to look forward to and help shake those jitters!

Anyway, I was banded on May 8, and as of today have lost a total of 20.5 pounds!! :wink_smile:

You're off to a great start Missy. I was banded on April 23rd & I'm down 29 lbs. Good luck

I think this thread will be a good one to check monthly for inspiration and support!! I will love hearing how all my May peeps are doing!!

I just got back from my 1 week post-op visit and offically I have lost 23 pounds during my 2 week pre-op diet and 1 week of liquids!! Not bad for a girl my age :(. I know things will slow down with real food being introduced, however, I feel very good about my start!

Good topic!

I am down 20 lbs including my 2 week pre-op diet and was banded on the 13th. I feel really good about it and I can't wait to see what else I will lose.

:biggrin2:

My ticker says it all!! I weigh officially on wednesdays. Hopefully it will be more this weds!! KUDOS TO ALL!!!!

Since my preop diet, and I was banded 5/5, I have lost 27 lbs. Tomorrow is my appt with the dietician, she is actually going to fix us our first meal. I heard it was cottage chesse and yougurt. Kinda scary. I haven't even wanted any food yet.

:biggrin:

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I was banded on May 5th, weighing in at 294 and on May 16th I weighed in at 278. Whew weeee :hand: that was the quickest 16 pounds I ever lost. I go in on Thursday to see the surgeon and will be checked again. I for one am very proud of all of you and me for doing this for ourselves. Keep up the good work everyone!!:wink2:

Doing great girls!! Was just banded yesterday - can't wait to start losing with ya!! It may be a good idea to buy a scale, LOL! I threw mine out years ago and never replaced it. :cursing:

I was banded on the 14th, and including what little pre-op diet I have done I am down 22.8!!! (Keep in mind it's been hotter than hades here in Tucson though and I think I've lost a LOT of it in sweat! lol)

well my doc didnt make me go on a pre-op diet. but i am 12 days out of surgery and have lost 14 pounds. and that 14 lbs was lost in the first 6 days, im not sure where im at right now with my weight. good luck to everybody else.

My ticker proclaims my numbers, but for the record, I didn't have to go on a pre-op diet, so I've lost 10 pounds in 6 days. How much would it ROCK if I could lose 10 pounds EVERY week! I'm trying not to get too excited, because I know as soon as I graduate from liquids it will not be coming off at anywhere near such a fantastic rate!

But I'll tell you one thing, I have NEVER in my 37 years gone so long with so little food and not felt miserable. Freedom from hunger is simply amazing, and I am enjoying every moment of it while it lasts. I keep thinking that any minute I'm going to wake up RAVENOUS.

Hi All,

I was banded 2 weeks ago on May 7th.

Today was my 1st post-op appointment, I have lost 20 lbs.

I am so pleased!

I was on a 1 week liquid diet pre-op and 2 weeks post-op.

Today I graduate to a soft diet ... I just hope for a little longer anyhow ... that I continue to experience the rapid weight loss.

I have not been hungry ... God Bless that Band ... so I am a little apprehensive about starting ... gulp ... FOOD!! LOL!

Never thought I'd be hearing myself say that!! LOL!

BTW, Kalalily mentioned cottage cheese and yogurt ... that sounds interesting ... I might give that a try!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Anyway wishing us all continued success!

I began full liqs today, and must stay on that for 5 days, then graduate to soft foods. I too, am not hungry, I wasn't on clear liqs for 5 days. 2 days pre op, day of, and 2 days after. I also had an unexpected hernia repair, so I have added pain. But I am going back to work one week to the day after surgery. And of course, they have a full day lined up for me. I am so excited but that I have the band, and I have a chance to extend my life, and maybe get off B/P meds someday. I weighed 200 on my 1st appt with the Doc, and want to get to 115, that's my goal. I am only 4' 11" tall, so although I may not have as much to lose as others that started heavier, that additional weight on my short frame has made me miserable for years.